The Hunger Games!!

Options
TerraGirl17
TerraGirl17 Posts: 275 Member
I just finished the 1st book in the Hunger Games Trilogy and I LOVED it!! I can't wait to read all of them, I downloaded them to my Kindle and have been having such a hard time putting it down, lol. I am about halfway into the 2nd book, is anyone else reading it or have you read it?

Replies

• jbdowns35
    jbdowns35 Posts: 352
    Options
    I can't believe how much I love these books!!! I'm almost finished with book 3 & am so sad there aren't any more!! I've read hundreds, maybe thousands of books, but Hunger Games may be the best ones yet.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I loved the series. Book 2 was my least favorite, I'm not gonna lie, but I still enjoyed it. I was sad when I was finished with the last book because everything else I have seemed lame in comparison. :laugh:
  • TerraGirl17
    Options
    Just finished book two last night, I liked it, started 3 last night and can't wait to see what happens!!
  • rickdz
    rickdz Posts: 15
    Options
    These were really good. I thought, though that the third book was the weakest. It seemed better when the political stuff is hinted at & in the background rather than right out in front.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I sooooooo can't wait until the movie comes out!! :drinker:

The first two books were the best, imho. :smile:
  • gillybumbler
    Options
    That sounds good! I need to add this to my amazon wishlist!
    I read a similar book called Battle Royale.
  • TerraGirl17
    Options
    Just finished the Trilogy!!! I loved it!!! Now bring on the movie!
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    I will finish number 3 tonight. Stayed up till 1:30 one night to finish the first one. I really enjoy them and hate having to stop reading for anything as they are so gripping!!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I blasted through 1 and 2 so fast. Now I'm stalled out in the 3rd book.

At this point, I don't even like Katniss anymore. I was rooting for her, but now she has just irritated me too much. She's so selfish.

I'm gonna drag myself through it, but due to the pain of the third book, I probably wouldn't recommend this series to people.
  • siriusgirl
    siriusgirl Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yeah they are very hard to read at times and I dreampt about them for months after I had finished reading them. But I'm guessing that is what the author wants of us, to continue thinking about the books, to have them stay with us. I'm reading them again now prior to the movie. Very excited!
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    I just finished the 1st book in the Hunger Games Trilogy and I LOVED it!! I can't wait to read all of them, I downloaded them to my Kindle and have been having such a hard time putting it down, lol. I am about halfway into the 2nd book, is anyone else reading it or have you read it?

I've read all three on my iPhone. They were great. I had a hard time putting it down as well.
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options

At this point, I don't even like Katniss anymore. I was rooting for her, but now she has just irritated me too much. She's so selfish.

I'm gonna drag myself through it, but due to the pain of the third book, I probably wouldn't recommend this series to people.

I do not understand how Katniss is selfish?
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

That she even had to debate whether to be the Mockingjay was horrifying to my thinking. I couldn't believe how she could entertain the idea of abandoning the revolution SHE created. All the people who died in District 12 as a result of her firing the arrow deserve better. But she's only worried about the prep team and her new outfits. Ugh. I don't like her anymore.
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options

That she even had to debate whether to be the Mockingjay was horrifying to my thinking. I couldn't believe how she could entertain the idea of abandoning the revolution SHE created. All the people who died in District 12 as a result of her firing the arrow deserve better. But she's only worried about the prep team and her new outfits. Ugh. I don't like her anymore.

It's been a while since I read it, but I view this as more realistic. It would unpractical for these thoughts NOT to cross her mind. This is in book 3 correct? I need to reread.
  • TerraGirl17
    Options

I read the trilogy on my kobo so they all kind of blended together, but I can understand her way of thinking...1st she is thrown back into the hunger games with Peeta thinking that they will only let one person survive, before she goes back into them she has to deal with what she watched before being lifted into the playing field, then for the hunger games to end the way they did and her not knowing whats really going on, I think she had the right to be a bit leery of what was going to happen if she chose to be the mokingjay. I found all 3 books to be great but the last one definately pulled at your heartstrings
  • KiiAttitude
    KiiAttitude Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Amazing trilogy , if you liked these try divergent & birthmarked similar style just as good i think i liked divergent more :).
  • johnlatv
    johnlatv Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    i just finished the last book... I have a spoiler question, can someone help me? I ripped through the last book so maybe i missed something, so if you know the 3rd book well drop me a line.

Thank you
  • Bri927
    Options
    I just started book 1 yesterday because I'm really excited to see the movie in a month. I like to form my own opinion on things like this so I thought why not! So far not so bad at all.
  • KlassyKassi
    KlassyKassi Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I loved this series!! I absolutely could not put any of the three down, and I was irritated when anyone wanted to talk to me and I had to look up for a moment. :smile: I am just about to read it again before the movie comes out.

I actually didn't like Katniss either. Of course I rooted for her throughout the books, but she made me angry at times. Luckily though, I don't need to like the main character to love the book. In fact, I think it adds to my reading of it when I feel conflicted about characters.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I'm out of the loop. I didn't care for them. They were exciting while I was reading, but I felt too empty when I finished.