Phase 3

Options
13»

Replies

• FlTGlRL
    FlTGlRL Posts: 239
    Options
    Thanks for the before and after photos...You looked good before and after though silly.
    I guess you just wanted rock hard abs for the trip to Mexico?:wink:
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    Does phase 3 have workouts 7 days a week???
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    jawolfe

I was wondering the same thing, "what will I do when I'm done with this to keep it going". I'm only in phase 1 now though, haha...

One thing I definitely want to do is run a 5k this year so I thought this is just getting me prepared for that. If I really like the 12 week program though I might just do it again...
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Phase 3 has 6 days a week workouts! still have one rest day.
    I was hoping for abs before Mexico, no such luck.
    I am afraid I am getting sick, I just feel on the verge of a cold, achy and stuffy and hoping I can get over it without getting full blown sick. Don't want to be sick on vacation!
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    That kind of bums me out that there are workouts 6 days a week. I have school/work all day/night M-W, so it's been perfect getting my workouts in on the other 4 days. I don't want to miss any part of this....If anything maybe I'll cram all the workouts into 4 days.or maybe I'll just stay in the phase 2 with 4 day regimens a little longer until school gets out, than give phase 3 my all.
    I hope you feel better in time for your trip. That would suck, I know you've been looking forward to it. Maybe just rest, get plenty of fluids, vitamins...etc... and hopefully you will fight it off before it is a full blown cold. :drinker:
  • jawolfe
    jawolfe Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Fitgirl, I was thinking of repeating it too, until I got to the cardio 4x a week weeks. I just can't keep doing 50-60 min of weights, AND THEN still have 30 min of cardio to do. It's just gotten too tough. I'm doing my best but when it's done I want to find a program that's no more than an hour a day, 6 days a week. Jeez that should be enough, right?!
    Good luck, with Phase I, let us know if you have any questions! Jennifer
  • karinefitness
    karinefitness Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I will be repeating P2 and P3 after I am done (still have 3 weeks to go), but I will only workout 5 days a week.

I'm already only doing 5 days because I was exhausted (physically and mentally). I still get results. I just skipped a workout and sometimes I'll incoroporate some moves on another training day, but most of the time I'll just skip it. P3 works a few body parts/day so I don't worry about it too much.
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    Yes, I like your ideas, thanks girls.
    I like the 5 day a week plan too, than you can still have 2 days to rest. We will see how it goes I guess but thank you for the tips! :smile:

I'm about to start week 3 of phase 1. Even if I don't look like Jamie Eason at the end of the 12 weeks lol, I must say, these workouts feel great!!
  • karinefitness
    karinefitness Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I love the P3 workouts!! They are great! Although when I feel weak or sick... they aren't so great ;)

I'm having a hard time with carb cycling. I don't want to go too low on carbs so I am trying to get around 90-100g of carbs on lower carbs day. Problem is, I'm only at 1350 calories today, it doesn't seem enough... I'm not sure what I could eat that doesn't have carbs... :/
  • amysj303
    Options
    I should have been done with phase 3 before Mexico but I lost a couple of days here and there and am on Day 74, which I might do today but I am not feeling great.
    After a week in Cozumel I am certainly rested, but fear I am coming down with a cold, feel stuffy and achy and maybe a touch feverish, but I am not sure.
    also, I meant to mention that all through phase 3 I didn't know what a drop set was! then I finally saw the definition and I was not doing it right! I thought it meant that the last rep was so hard you drop the weight on the floor! I never did that, but it was the opposite, drop the weight to a lower a weight, haha, oh well...
  • jawolfe
    Options
    That's a riot! Welcome back!
  • amysj303
    Options
    Did Day 75 last night and won't workout thurs or Friday. I am going to try to workout Saturday and Sunday. Maybe since day 76 is just cardio I will go for a run outside.
    I should be on track to finish the plan next week!
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    Did Day 75 last night and won't workout thurs or Friday. I am going to try to workout Saturday and Sunday. Maybe since day 76 is just cardio I will go for a run outside.
    I should be on track to finish the plan next week!

That's awesome!
    I hope you are feeling better.:sick:
  • amysj303
    Options
    yeah, thanks! Looking forward to the weekend for sure.
    Sunday is one week left of the Eason plan. I think I should be able to stick with it next week.
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    Wow, you must be about done?
    That's crazy! Congrats girl. Let me know what you end up doing next, maybe we can make a group for it :wink:
  • amysj303
    Options
    Day 81 tonight. My legs are sore! No more sprints at least, that was killing me.
    I think after this I am going to try the Stronglifts 5x5, a 3-day-per-week strength program. there is a group on here but they don't seem to be very active recently. I plan to take a week off between programs and rest up.
    I think for about three months I will just try to build some muscle and know I will gain some fat too and then maybe try a leaning phase after that.
    Still haven't decided about warrior dash. that is August 18 or 19. I think the prep for that would be more cross-training-running and strength.
  • jawolfe
    Options
    Done! uh oh...now what?? i'll check out that Stronglifts program. I think i'll do a week that is very cardo focused and then find something new
  • amysj303
    Options
    nice, jawolf, what did you think? Any results pics?