Fantastic food finds!

Options

Replies

• pukekolive
    pukekolive Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Bulla fruity frozen yoghurt - pack of 8 assorted at New World for $6.99 special this week - 1.8 g of fat (1g Saturated), 79 calories, 13g carb (12 sugar)

Nice and cool for this tiem of year and better stats than a Meltdown etc!
  • faw1001
    faw1001 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Can't remember it has been posted before or not but...
    Emma Jane cones (like a trumpet) in choc, strawberry or coffee. Cheap, 144 cals each, and yummy as. Choc is my fav. Found at most countdowns and some pak n saves's
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Tiptop popsicles mini pops - 38 calories! Good for a sneaky treat that won't break the calorie bank.
  • KahuNZ
    KahuNZ Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Been reading this story - Born to run and it mentioned this wonder food Chia seeds so called 'the running food'. Anyway found a recipe that you make 'Marching Crackers' out of Chia, Linseed, Cocoa, Honey and raisins. Bake in a low oven for hours...........and hours....... till crisp! Still waiting.............hope they do crisp up!
    Chia seed is supposed to be high in Omega 3 amongst other claims. If you google it there is a ton of stuff about the seeds.
  • KahuNZ
    Options
    Been reading this story - Born to run and it mentioned this wonder food Chia seeds so called 'the running food'. Anyway found a recipe that you make 'Marching Crackers' out of Chia, Linseed, Cocoa, Honey and raisins. Bake in a low oven for hours...........and hours....... till crisp! Still waiting.............hope they do crisp up!
    Chia seed is supposed to be high in Omega 3 amongst other claims. If you google it there is a ton of stuff about the seeds.
    Well after being in a slow oven for at least 8 hours the crackers were still soft and don't taste very nice. Oh well worth a go. Will use the seeds to sprinkle on food instead.
  • tommo99
    tommo99 Posts: 6
    Options
    Real Fresh Pudding Cups - come in Vanilla and Chocolate and are only about 100 calories, Sooo yummy! Got mine from Countdown,
  • NaiaNZ
    NaiaNZ Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Mcvities Digestive Biscuits - Original (Can get them with chocolate also)
    71cals for two! Have them with a cup of tea... I am addicted!!
  • NaiaNZ
    Options
    Nirns Oat Biscuits... I got the dark chocolate chip ones today, they taste like guilty choc bikkies but are only 44cals each!!! You can also get them in mixed berry flavour, and ginger. YUMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!
  • Moana41
    Moana41 Posts: 35
    Options
    I like the Weight Watcher's choc chip biscuits, only 66 cals for two! I have them with a nice hot cup of tea or coffee an hour or two after dinner.
  • Chelle7475
    Chelle7475 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Im more of a salty over sweet lover - golden sun gherkins (available at countdown) are 22 cals per 100g,just watch the sodium level tho!
  • Chelle7475
    Options
    Nirns Oat Biscuits... I got the dark chocolate chip ones today, they taste like guilty choc bikkies but are only 44cals each!!! You can also get them in mixed berry flavour, and ginger. YUMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!

Interested to know which store you buy these from(countdown?pak&save?)as been searching for a good low cal biccie!
  • madisons_mummy
    madisons_mummy Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I just stocked up on WW jelly and chocolate mousse :D Sooo hard trying to find a snack that has little calories and carbs
  • KahuNZ
    Options
    This isn't a fantastic food find but I don't need to start a new topic so slotted my discovery here

When searching for foods sometimes its overwhelming with American products when we have quite a good database of NZ foods also.

If you search for say - 'sundried tomatoes' put 'sundried tomatoes nz' then it just searches for foods with those words and you get a shorter list.
    If you add a food that's bought here help all us MFP NZers by adding (NZ) in the name description

Hope this helps
  • daryll77
    daryll77 Posts: 29
    Options
    This isn't a fantastic food find but I don't need to start a new topic so slotted my discovery here

When searching for foods sometimes its overwhelming with American products when we have quite a good database of NZ foods also.

If you search for say - 'sundried tomatoes' put 'sundried tomatoes nz' then it just searches for foods with those words and you get a shorter list.
    If you add a food that's bought here help all us MFP NZers by adding (NZ) in the name description

Hope this helps

What a great idea....i always search for NZ first but didn't think to add it when adding my own food...whoops!!...have just updated all the foods i have added to include NZ in the title.
  • hamsio
    hamsio Posts: 26
    Options
    I discovered the calcu yum milk ice (icecreams on stick) at dairy this week. They have spongebob themed wrappers.
    They are so yummy in banana strawberry and choc and I think the choc is 79cals .. so I nice treat.
  • angenz
    angenz Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    For breakfast or a sweet treat I was recommended (and tried lots) this recipe:
    * 1 peeled apple (poached in water with cinnamon), 3T natural unsweetened yogurt and 1T LSA (Linseed, Sunflower seeds and Almonds).

Around about 200cals but well worth it!!! So yummy, fresh and healthy!!!
  • NaiaNZ
    Options

Interested to know which store you buy these from(countdown?pak&save?)as been searching for a good low cal biccie!

Sorry they are Nairns, spelt it worng =)
    I got them from Countdown, but have also seen them at new world! They are with the normal bikkies, in a tan coloured BOX.
    Xx
  • jam_hunt
    jam_hunt Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Watties Wok creations serves2 packets, slightly high in sodium, but if you can stretch out out to three serves by bulking out with low cal veges can help lower it. Also tastes so good with all them veges you don't even need a carb like rice to go with it!! Sauce pkts are around 107-109 cals, so halving that for 2 serves is pretty rockin! I also use these packets when making up patties with lean minced meats, you don't even need to add an egg!
  • Chelle7475
    Options
    Just discovered cadbury dairy milk bubblies treatsize - only 60cals and really curbs that choc craving!
  • jam_hunt
    jam_hunt Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just discovered cadbury dairy milk bubblies treatsize - only 60cals and really curbs that choc craving!

This is quite possibly in my opinion the best find ever!! lol