3rd Trimester

Options

Replies

• kmreynolds11
    kmreynolds11 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    YAY for FRIDAY! :tongue:

Goodness... this was a busy board the last two days! I was in training all day yesterday (away from my computer) and didn't get a chance to check-in to chat. Sounds like everyones doing well... now its time to catch up...

Heather - Push out that kid already! Can't believe he's still hanging on in there... I'm sure you'll go soon! I'll be hoping for today! :drinker:

Kristin - Sorry about the heartburn... I never had felt it before being preggo, but def have felt it recently after eating a big meal or something... no fun! Hopefully your LO will move down for your last few weeks and you'll feel less cramped in your ribs/chest!

FitNurse - Congrats on a healthy end of pregnancy... awesome job with the walks and healthy eating! Have fun at the wedding! My brother's wedding is about a month away and I'm planning on going maternity dress shopping today!

Sharon - Enjoy the spring break! But... yes... the break sounds bitter sweet. :ohwell: I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather and wish you and your family the best during this tough time. I'm sure it is comforting to know that he can join your grandmother now.... Take care of yourself!

Hey, Amanda! Glad to see you're joining the 3rd Tri too! So sorry to hear about the rib pain. Is there anything else you can do besides taking Tylenol and waiting for it to get better? Sounds incredibly uncomfortable! It sounds like we're going through the same "belly popping" weight-gaining stage right now. This baby belly appeared out of nowhere! And yes... it must be obvious now that strangers and people I haven't seen in awhile are unmistakably noticing the preggo!

Kim - I chuckled at the whole Sam's Club due date debacle! Ha! The nursery sounds adorable and you've been so productive! Right now the "baby room" in my house is just a mess of boxes and random stuff I've thrown into the empty room that I'll eventually put away and make into a nursery. I think I'll procrastinate for another 3-4 weeks before tackling that project! Still Zumbaing?! I've been trying to go once a week too... but honestly I can't imagine how it feels for you, because I'm a few weeks behind you and it definitely wipes me out! I try to take it easy on the mid-section movement, but I always catch myself really wanting to shake the booty and do those body rolls! Usually after 4-5 songs I'm feeling a little lightheaded and some pains along the sides of my belly. Might have to hang up the Zumba until post baby?! Eh... maybe a few more weeks won't hurt! :happy:

Sarah - Yes, I have been a little more sensitive it seems. Little things that don't usually set me off have been bugging me. I've been able to keep things mostly in check... just try to keep myself relaxed... don't try to push myself too hard with work bs... and get some good "GROOSHFRABBAs" in when I need it. Yoga, stretching, and a good cup of decaf tea have worked wonders for me when I want to destroy something or punch someone in the face. :laugh:

Denise - so glad that youre home!

Well, I'm heading in for another prenatal appt with the OBGYN today... just the standard drive thru stuff. I'm interested to see what they officially say about the gllucose challenge test I took two weeks ago... and also am curious to see how much the nasty Dr. scale says I've gained in the last 2.5 weeks. I've been 80% good with the eating lately... but last night this new self-serve frozen yogurt place just popped up in front of me so I had to give it a try! :embarassed:

No work for me today... so I'm thinking I'll head over to the mall before my appt and do some laps around the stores just browsing. I do still have to find a dress to wear for my bro's wedding April 7th... maybe I'll find something cute while at the mall!

Have a great weekend, ladies! Can't wait to hear your birth story, Heather! (I wonder if you'll fart in front of your hubby?!?!?) :laugh:

KRISTI
    28w4d
  • SarahR1984
    SarahR1984 Posts: 212
    Options
    Kristi- good luck on your test results! They called me 2 days after the test to tell me I failed, so I'm sure they wouldn't let you go 2 weeks without letting you know if you failed:) They were super quick to get me another test, then to the endocrinologist. At least my docs, they don't mess around with gestational diabetes! lol

Denise, I'm glad your son is doing better :) I am curious why they didn't let you breastfeed though. Everything I have read says not to stop breastfeeding if baby has jaundice, but to increase. I hope it won't effect your breastfeeding relationship. Keep it up, it's super hard in the begining but it's worth it. I would cry and get so frustrated the first week with bfing my daughter, then at 14 months I was literally balling because I didn't want to stop! lol, Hopefully things will settle down for you now that you are home. I guess I shouldn't have told you how easy the first few weeks are! lol, Everyones expirence is different. I guess you never know what to expect!

Everyone revisiting the first trimester: you are making me nervous! lol, I don't want heart burn, waking all night, fatigue, ect. to come back! I am 33 weeks and it's been great. I was in denial about the last 5 weeks being hard. I figured I weigh less this time,it won't suck...Now I am forced to remember how crappy it is!

Ok, what name is better... Owen Dashel or Ashton Liam? I am set on one of these so please pick your fav, don't bash them! lol, I cannot decide! Hubby can't either. If we go with Owen his nickname can be Dash, which I think is adorable:)
  • SarahR1984
    Options
    [/quote]

"Wow...the crib you had when you were a kid..your kids are using that's really cook.
    yeah I hope the transition is smooth...my son is still in his crib...i know if he was in a big boy crib...he would escape in the morning and run around the house..lol...but I still have sometime because I am cosleeping like I did with my son for the first 6 months...or at least 3 until the baby sleeps longer periods...I am hoping to try the babywise method in hopes the baby sleeps longer at nights earlier...my son didn't sleep through the night until he was about 10-11 months...fingers crossed the next one will be a little easier now that we have a little more knowledge...thanks for the advice."

[/quote]
    *edited:that is supposed to be a quote up there! Some reason it didn't work...

Kelley~ How old is your son? My daughter just got out of her crib and she is over 3! lol, I didn't want to let her out until she figured out how to escape. She didn't mind being in it and I figured why take her out? I wouldn't rush it, kids can get into so much trouble if they are allowed to run free before you wake up. She is older now and is good when she gets up. My son escaped before 2 and got into so much stuff! This way was much easier. Good luck keeping him fenced in! I tried babywise with my first, but it was 5 years ago so I couldn't tell you if it worked or not! lol, I know people who had great success with it. With my daughter I wanted to keep my supply up so I nursed on demand, not on a schedule. If you are bfing you need to be aware of that:)
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Sarah - I havent heard of Dashel but think Dash sounds super cute! I think I prefer Owen Dashel. What is your surname or intitals? Do they both look ok? At least you have narrowed it down to 2! I have loads and cant decide what I like! This week my favs are Issac Michael (been a fav for a little while), Harrison Michael (Harry) and Imogen Grace.

Helen
    17 weeks
  • SarahR1984
    Options
    Sarah - I havent heard of Dashel but think Dash sounds super cute! I think I prefer Owen Dashel. What is your surname or intitals? Do they both look ok? At least you have narrowed it down to 2! I have loads and cant decide what I like! This week my favs are Issac Michael (been a fav for a little while), Harrison Michael (Harry) and Imogen Grace.

Helen
    17 weeks

I had never heard of Dashel (or spelled Dashiell) until searching the baby name boards on babycenter.com. It's better known there and in real world, lol. I like different unique names so I like it a lot. My hubby doesn't so he likes Owen, more traditional. It's a good compromise:) Last name begins with R. Initials ODR or ALR, nothing bad! lol. I've never heard of Imogen. Is that for a girl? Of the other boy names I like Issac best:)
  • taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    Arg I am eating so bad!! So bad. Hubbys at home recovering from his eye surgery, hes inalot of pain poor guy. Glad we had this done now than after baby. I have to write an employment law final tomorrow, so not ready but just want to finish this course! I knew it would be tough trying to study in my last tri, Ive technically already passed the course which releives some stress, just would like to keep my GPA up, but that might not happen right now, wish me luck! Gonna be a quiet home weekend for us. My wall decals finally came in! So hopefully get those up at least. gonna clean tomorrow and make some stew. Weather seems pretty nice too, have a great weekend ladies!
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Denise, I'm glad your son is doing better :) I am curious why they didn't let you breastfeed though. Everything I have read says not to stop breastfeeding if baby has jaundice, but to increase. I hope it won't effect your breastfeeding relationship. Keep it up, it's super hard in the begining but it's worth it. I would cry and get so frustrated the first week with bfing my daughter, then at 14 months I was literally balling because I didn't want to stop! lol, Hopefully things will settle down for you now that you are home. I guess I shouldn't have told you how easy the first few weeks are! lol, Everyones expirence is different. I guess you never know what to expect!

Everyone revisiting the first trimester: you are making me nervous! lol, I don't want heart burn, waking all night, fatigue, ect. to come back! I am 33 weeks and it's been great. I was in denial about the last 5 weeks being hard. I figured I weigh less this time,it won't suck...Now I am forced to remember how crappy it is!

Sarah, Joaquins bilirubin numbers were in the 20 + which are unheard of (or so I've been told) AND since because my milk hadn't come in yet it was more of a waste of time. We needed to keep the feedings short due in order to keep him in the photo bed longer and we needed him to increase his weight FAST. So formula it was....Now that we're released we're back to breastfeeding along with a formula supplementation but strictly to maintain his weight. We haven't quite figured out why he's losing so much weight.

as far as revisiting the 1st tri, yes it's very true!! Get ready because mine came with a vengence! :laugh:
  • kmreynolds11
    Options
    Oooh... I like Ashton Liam! Although... "Dash" is pretty stinkin cute! I don't think you can go wrong with either choice. :wink:

Just got back from my appt and feeling quite disheartened. :grumble: My Dr. asked if I had any questions leading up to delivery and I commented that I would really like to have as little medical "help" as possible. Basically I have this crazy fear of needles and hospitals (always have... I've been known to pass out just getting my blood pressure taken! There are plenty of horror stories of me with modern day medicine... one that includes my 14 year old self fighting off the Drs trying to give me an IV when my other arm had a compound fracture and my bone sticking out of it.)... and that, knowing myself, I will be a lot more comfortable with less intervention. Basically, I'm just hoping to minimize meds, etc. unless things aren't going well and it becomes necessary. Well... the Dr. started spouting all of these "standard" procedures the hospital calls non-negotiable... and I could feel the positivity flowing out of me. :frown: I'm sure my face went pale white. I realize that things happen during labor/delivery that often times require intervention. However, I was really hopeful that I would be able to go into the experience trying to manage the pain myself and use meds, etc. if I needed as the backup plan. Now... it seems the hospital doesn't really allow the choice. I don't know why I'm getting soooo upset by this, but the thought of losing control of my body and having things done to me that I don't want or might not even need is super scary. I cried the whole way home (maybe preggo hormones?) and am really struggling with this. I sort of feel like there's no reason to eat healthy, exercise, read tons of birthing books, take classes, and prepare for a healthy delivery when it's like I'll have no control over the experience anyway. I wish I was as trusting as Denise and some of you ladies! Oh man... sorry about the vent. I know I'm being a really big baby about this... but it's kind of a big deal. I've heard so many different delivery day stories... from horrible to amazing... and I already know that I'm going to be a hot mess if I feel overly stressed or out of control. :cry: :grumble:
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Oooh... I like Ashton Liam! Although... "Dash" is pretty stinkin cute! I don't think you can go wrong with either choice. :wink:

Just got back from my appt and feeling quite disheartened. :grumble: My Dr. asked if I had any questions leading up to delivery and I commented that I would really like to have as little medical "help" as possible. Basically I have this crazy fear of needles and hospitals (always have... I've been known to pass out just getting my blood pressure taken! There are plenty of horror stories of me with modern day medicine... one that includes my 14 year old self fighting off the Drs trying to give me an IV when my other arm had a compound fracture and my bone sticking out of it.)... and that, knowing myself, I will be a lot more comfortable with less intervention. Basically, I'm just hoping to minimize meds, etc. unless things aren't going well and it becomes necessary. Well... the Dr. started spouting all of these "standard" procedures the hospital calls non-negotiable... and I could feel the positivity flowing out of me. :frown: I'm sure my face went pale white. I realize that things happen during labor/delivery that often times require intervention. However, I was really hopeful that I would be able to go into the experience trying to manage the pain myself and use meds, etc. if I needed as the backup plan. Now... it seems the hospital doesn't really allow the choice. I don't know why I'm getting soooo upset by this, but the thought of losing control of my body and having things done to me that I don't want or might not even need is super scary. I cried the whole way home (maybe preggo hormones?) and am really struggling with this. I sort of feel like there's no reason to eat healthy, exercise, read tons of birthing books, take classes, and prepare for a healthy delivery when it's like I'll have no control over the experience anyway. I wish I was as trusting as Denise and some of you ladies! Oh man... sorry about the vent. I know I'm being a really big baby about this... but it's kind of a big deal. I've heard so many different delivery day stories... from horrible to amazing... and I already know that I'm going to be a hot mess if I feel overly stressed or out of control. :cry: :grumble:

Take a deep breath!!

Lets not lose sight of the goal here: Healthy baby!! There is no reason that you can't have what you want as long as there are no complications. We cant' predict what can/will/could/should/ would of happened- All we can do is hope for the best and move on from there.

One of the nurses held my hand as she strolled me down the hall into the surgery room and told me "the anticipation that you have created is scarier than the entier procedure" and she was absolutely right!!

((hugs))
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Oh Krist, you kill me! I'm really hoping that I don't fart or poop in front of my husband.....but we'll just see how it goes. What makes matters worse is if I DO go into labor tonight or tomorrow, I just had Olive Garden today for lunch......so it's going to be a stinky garlic fart if it does happen!!! Yikes!!! That's bound to clear the room! :laugh:

So this little boy is still being stubborn. Decided to go shopping with my sister today - what am I going to do, wait around at the house til he FINALLY decides to come!? I thought maybe with any luck my water would break while being gone. No such luck. Sooooo......I'm still here with my regular contractions that I've been having all week. COME. OUT. BABY!!! :bigsmile:
  • kelley_m
    kelley_m Posts: 191 Member
    Options

"Wow...the crib you had when you were a kid..your kids are using that's really cook.
    yeah I hope the transition is smooth...my son is still in his crib...i know if he was in a big boy crib...he would escape in the morning and run around the house..lol...but I still have sometime because I am cosleeping like I did with my son for the first 6 months...or at least 3 until the baby sleeps longer periods...I am hoping to try the babywise method in hopes the baby sleeps longer at nights earlier...my son didn't sleep through the night until he was about 10-11 months...fingers crossed the next one will be a little easier now that we have a little more knowledge...thanks for the advice."
    *edited:that is supposed to be a quote up there! Some reason it didn't work...

Kelley~ How old is your son? My daughter just got out of her crib and she is over 3! lol, I didn't want to let her out until she figured out how to escape. She didn't mind being in it and I figured why take her out? I wouldn't rush it, kids can get into so much trouble if they are allowed to run free before you wake up. She is older now and is good when she gets up. My son escaped before 2 and got into so much stuff! This way was much easier. Good luck keeping him fenced in! I tried babywise with my first, but it was 5 years ago so I couldn't tell you if it worked or not! lol, I know people who had great success with it. With my daughter I wanted to keep my supply up so I nursed on demand, not on a schedule. If you are bfing you need to be aware of that:)

My son is 17 months so still kind of young and he hasn't figured out how to climb out of his crib... so I am in no rush to get him out of it...I figure he will progress at his own rate. I heard of other moms that had success with babywise and still had a good milk supply...I breatfeed on demand with my son and my milk supply was just ok...I think if I had been more on a schedule it would have been better or not let him fall asleep mid-feeding but finishing eating it would have been better but he was fine and gained weight like crazy...he was off the chart for weight and height until he was about 1. So I am sure he was fine.

- As for the babies name...I like Ashton Liam too...and Owen with a nickname dash is cute as well.

-Kristin - wow that's a lot to take in. I think it's understandable that you are upset. I have a huge fear of needles myself. I agree with Denise that the main goal is a healthy baby. Everyone's story is different, however, I believe as a women and a mom for you to have some say over how your labor will be. My suggestion is to still do your research, still have a tentative birth plan if you are a person who plans on doing one. It's ok when you get there to voice what you would like to see happen. There are standard procedures but there are also things they do becuase they always do them that you can ask them not to do without jeporadizing you or the baby. When I had my son, I thought having to be in a bed from the moment i was admitted was standard so I made my hubby wait until I couldn't take the pain anymore before I would get in the car to the hospital...he was less than pleased. Turns out if you are fine and they can hear the baby is not under any stress you can be moving around and it's ok. Every hospital is different but it never hurts to ask for what you want when you get there as long as you keep an open mind that it may not go as planned. You still have a few weeks left, don't stress...most times what we work up in our minds is far more than the reality...it will be ok

Heather - still with child...hopefully the little one come this weekend...come on baby...we are all waiting for your grand arrival!

Tara good luck on your employment law final tomorrow and hope the hubby feels better soon.

AFM - the week has been pretty quiet and this weekend we will be heading out on our family vacation...so excited..

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend.

Kelley
  • Fitnurse27
    Fitnurse27 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I like both the names Ashton and Owen. In fact, Owen is our name if we have a boy. :)

Denise~ I'm glad the jaundice went down and away. Goodluck with the breastfeeding and supplementing. Have you tried seeing a lactation consultant? You can usually make an appointment with one outside of hospital. I have heard they are very helpful.

Kristin~ I'm sorry talking with your doctor has you so worried about your birthing experience. There are a lot of things that they routinely do at the hospital. You do have right to refuse almost everything, but like everyone else said the end goal is a healthy baby. I'm sure you and your doctor and nurses can work together to have the best experience possible.

Heather~ Sorry your baby is being stubborn. Mine like to stay in past their due dates, too. I think we must be providing wonderful homes for them that they are in no hurry to leave. :)

AFM~ Today is my brother's wedding. So far so good, I had the doctor check me on Thursday, and I'm not dilated only 50%effaced. I think this baby is nice and comfortable where it is. Hopefully, I will make it through this day with no problems. I don't want to miss his wedding, and we are also supposed to get family pictures taken today. Family pictures with me 9 months pregnant should be interesting. :) I hope everyone has a nice weekend.
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options

Helen
    17 weeks

I had never heard of Dashel (or spelled Dashiell) until searching the baby name boards on babycenter.com. It's better known there and in real world, lol. I like different unique names so I like it a lot. My hubby doesn't so he likes Owen, more traditional. It's a good compromise:) Last name begins with R. Initials ODR or ALR, nothing bad! lol. I've never heard of Imogen. Is that for a girl? Of the other boy names I like Issac best:)

Yep Imogen is a girls name - must be British, I think its quite popular but not over the top. x
  • SarahR1984
    Options

What kind of things are non negotiable? You should be okay to go pain med free. They can't force you to get an epidural or episotomy if you don't want to, as far as I know. Be careful signing forms when you get there, maybe consenting to standard stuff in there. What do you feel so strongly about that they won't let you do? My hospital doesn't have a tub, you MUST get iv fluids and keep iv in place. Are those kind of things what you mean? You aren't crazy for being upset. And you still have some control. You have to be assertive sometimes. Maybe a widwife for next baby?
  • kmreynolds11
    Options
    Good morning, ladies! :smile: Thank you all so much for your support and advice. After a lot of deep breaths and talking things over with my incredible hubby... I think I have a plan. We are going for our hospital tour tommorrow. I'm going to use the opportunity to ask lots and lots of questions of the non-negotiable standard procedures the Dr. talked to me about and get an idea of just what would be involved and what things I will still be able to make decisions about. I think after the tour, I'll talk things over with my husband and then we'll either continue forward with the Dr./hospital as planned (and I'll just need to do some mental prep in getting ready for the experience... keep thinking... healthy baby right?)... OR we'll look into a midwife and see if we can do a quick switch. I hope everything works out.... but I'm happy to say I've gotten over the original disappointment/being upset and am feeling a lot more positive about being able to figure something out that I feel comfortable with and that will be best for our growing little family. Thanks again, everyone.

Helen - I love the name Imogen. Always makes me think of Imogen Heap (love her music).

Fitnurse - How did the wedding go???

Kelley - Hope you're having a spectacular vacation!!!!! Soak up some sun for me! :glasses:

Heather? Still hanging on?!?!?!

As for me - Still adjusting to the time change... it was still dark when I came into work this morning! Ack! Although I had a productive weekend of getting things done, I didn't log or eat great.... and although I feel like I barely sat down, I didn't fit in a workout. So I need to get back on the program today. Packed healthy foods for lunch and snacks and plan to go for a nice walk at lunchtime. Need to do some type of strength or yoga/stretching tonight.

Wishing you all the greatest week! :flowerforyou:

KRISTI
    29weeks
    (+17-18lbs)
  • kmreynolds11
    Options

What kind of things are non negotiable? You should be okay to go pain med free. They can't force you to get an epidural or episotomy if you don't want to, as far as I know. Be careful signing forms when you get there, maybe consenting to standard stuff in there. What do you feel so strongly about that they won't let you do? My hospital doesn't have a tub, you MUST get iv fluids and keep iv in place. Are those kind of things what you mean? You aren't crazy for being upset. And you still have some control. You have to be assertive sometimes. Maybe a widwife for next baby?

Good advice, Sarah! I'll definitely be careful with signing forms... and I'll prepare my usually laid-back husband to have to step up the assertiveness if he needs to!

The standard procedures that she named were basically about time limits they have. For example... you're hooked up to an IV/fluids immediately and then they basically refrain you from walking or moving around after that. Then she said after two hours of no change (or not enough of a change) you have to start pitocin. There were more of these "timed" events that the hospital enforces if they don't feel that you're moving along quickly enough. It just made me feel stressed hearing about it... I'm interested to go on the hospital tour on Tues to get some more info RIGHT FROM the hospital. The hospital, although I've heard great things, is basically a baby factory and delivers over 5,000 babies each year. However, they seem to have an alarming C-section rate (53%)! I've just heard horror stories of impatient Dr.'s who push meds that might not be needed that end up having impeding effects on the labor and actually force the C-section.
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I'm STILL here ladies :wink: Have been trying to walk & bounce this baby out, but he's just not having it. The double dose of stubborness he got probably doesn't help :laugh:
    Today I go back to the doctor, yet again....He'll decide when we're going to induce. My guess is that he'll wait til wed/thur/fri, when I'll be 41 weeks (thurs)....& he's apparently not concerned w/ how big this baby is. I think that he's already a good 9 pounder....which is a big baby (yes, I know they get bigger even!), but the doctor isn't the one that has to push a big baby through his vagina!!! So.....I'll keep ya posted. It's an afternoon appt.

~Heather 40 weeks 4 days
  • SarahR1984
    Options
    Kristi,

wow that seems a little harsh! no walking around? Don't they know that helps? And 53% c-section rate! I don't blame you for being worried! Sounds like their "one plan fits all" thing is causing more c-sections than nessassary. You should definitely look into a widwife. Good luck, I hope you can figure something out :)
  • taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    Heather- come on babY!!!!!!! Lunges and long walks!

I had a pretty quiet weekend, I have been so tired. Wrote my 3 hr emplyment law exam, yuck! glad thats over. Hubby is doing better, had to take him in today and have his eye looked at again cause his contact kept falling out and it needs to stay out till his eye heals a bit more. No fun cause his appt was an hr away... Got my wall decals up in the baby room, coming together. Going to get a few more things this weekend for my bag. Im not eating well or working out :sad: havinga a tough time with that. Seems all I want is carbs these days! People say I dont look big, but I think its just cause Im tall..since the weathers getting nicer and the snow is dissapearing I should hopefully be able to go for some walks outside over lunch.

Tara 33 weeks
  • Fitnurse27
    Fitnurse27 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Heather~ Goodluck, we are all thinking about you! I felt the same way with my son who was 4 days overdue. I knew he was going to be big, and just hoped and prayed I would be able to get him out!

Kristi~ I agree those rules seem a bit harsh. I hope your tour of the hospital helps straighten things out.

The wedding this weekend was really wonderful. Everything went well, and my sister-in-law wrote and performed a song for my brother during the ceremony that had everyone in tears. I made it through the weekend without delivering, but I was amazed at how much it wore me out. On Sunday after the wedding I took the kids to a local indoor water park and let them play. By the time I got home I was so exhausted I could barely lift my arms. I guess it was a lot of excitement. I am finally getting some energy back. I'm hoping to clean the house this morning and then take my son to the park and enjoy this beautiful day!

Rachel~ 37w5d