Level 1 - report your progress here!

Options
Kate_UK
Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
Welcome to level 1! Please report your progress here!

I've just completed L1 D1. Augh! I'd forgotten just how tough this work out really is. I had to stop twice during the first cardio circuit and could only manage 3 real push up before having to resort to Anita ones on my knees. I suspect I'm going to find sitting on the loo painful of the next few days lol. And my arms are shaking as I try to type this. But the hardest part is over (getting my *kitten* up off the couch and making a start), so bring on day 2!

Replies

• weezykid
    weezykid Posts: 50
    Options
    Just did day 1 of this I was quite surprised I managed 15 push ups before I had to resort doing the rest on the lower level version.

I did also making the mistake of using heavier weights after doing the pushups so my arms were screaming.

Overall though my heart rate didnt get very high during it (119 bpm average) so I may give Level 2 a try tomorrow
  • jayna22
    jayna22 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Just did Level 1 for the first time. I made it all the way through but had to modify the jumping jacks the third time through and definitely did girl push ups. Even then my arms are weak and I can't do a full one yet. At least I started!!
    Jana
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Day #4 LEVEL 1
    For me, I think level one is pretty easy I started out with 5lb. weights now I use 10-15lbs. for certain exercises she does on there.
    I already want to switch to Level 2, But I'm gonna wait till I complete a full wk of Level 1 THEN SWITCH TO Level2...

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE, JILLIAN CAN BE A KILLER AND @ FIRST I WOULD EVEN CUSS AT HER LOL
  • MogwaisGrandma
    MogwaisGrandma Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    L1D1 done.

Started with 0.5kg weights but tomorrow I will use my 1kg weights as I only felt a small burn with them.

First circuit with the jumping jacks and skip ropes were not nice and the butt kicks were a close 2nd of hate but when it came to the 3rd circuit where I did all 4 cardio movements I was hopping around like I was on bunny on acid. I did them all to the max. Strange.

I am going to log this as 20 mins of circuit training today but will see what my cheap HRM gets it at tomorrow.
  • Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Hi all!!!
    Im so happy to be apart of this group :wink:
    Done with L1D1 and i also forgot how hard it was :laugh: My arms are shaking and I couldn't do a push up!! I feel like i can never do a push up! It feels akward and i do not know if I am doing it right :grumble:

Good luck to everyone out there!
  • weezykid
    weezykid Posts: 50
    Options
    10-15kg weights my god! I mixed up 1kg and 2kg ones as i found the first set of pushups killed my arms so even using 2kg on the squat and shoulder press was agony!!

Still going to give level 2 a try tomorrow, will soon find out if its too advanced for me
  • BeckyNaturoMommy
    BeckyNaturoMommy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    This was day 3 level 1 for me. I actually don't feel as bad today as I did the first day. The pushups came easier to me. I still can't do the exact proper form, but I'm getting there. :)
  • fuego84
    fuego84 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Day 1is completed. I did better than I thought I would but I can say in all honesty that I HATE jumping jacks!
  • BeckyNaturoMommy
    BeckyNaturoMommy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Day #4 LEVEL 1
    For me, I think level one is pretty easy I started out with 5lb. weights now I use 10-15lbs. for certain exercises she does on there.
    I already want to switch to Level 2, But I'm gonna wait till I complete a full wk of Level 1 THEN SWITCH TO Level2...

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE, JILLIAN CAN BE A KILLER AND @ FIRST I WOULD EVEN CUSS AT HER LOL

HAHAHA I cussed at her on the first and second day! In the last 5 minutes, I was saying "f**k you, b**ch!" lol I wasn't nice.
  • fairfieldbeach
    fairfieldbeach Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Day 2 down--used 5, 8 and 12 lb. weights (just for the chest flies). Still doing push ups on my knees. Hope to start seeing a difference by day 5 in my endurance. I've done this program before and it does work--but I'm dreading Level 2! Plus, it does get boring doing it after a while so I'm glad all of us are here to motivate each other! :smile:
  • karen_thinmint
    karen_thinmint Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Day 1 - Level 1 done! YAY!

Much easier this time around; last time I was so out of shape it was painful. I know I've lost weight, but it's nice to know I've gained some strength and endurance too. Yippee!
  • MogwaisGrandma
    MogwaisGrandma Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Day 1is completed. I did better than I thought I would but I can say in all honesty that I HATE jumping jacks!

I did a Tweet saying how much I hated them and copied her into it HA HA
  • 6kate2
    6kate2 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Day 3, Level 1 and found today to be the worst!!

I HATE butt kicks, my legs and feet protested to try 'a kick', didn't stop or give up, just 'jogged' for that part! Legs not quite as sore as yesterday, can now sit on a chair without aching quite so much!! Confession though, not using wieghts, working up to it, just using bottles about quarter full of water!!
  • KimMcG24
    KimMcG24 Posts: 35
    Options
    Day 2 Level 1 DONE! Really didn't want to do it after cardio kick box this morning, but I did!
  • BrownEyedGirl130
    Options
    L1D1 complete...Gonna continue with 5 pound weights through this journey.
    Thinking about alternating daily L2 with L1
  • cschmidt45
    Options
    Day 2 complete. My upper thigh muscles and bum calling me every name in the book and then some. Calves are tight as a stone. I can sit, barely, but getting up and down is another matter entirely. Still, very proud of us all. Keep the faith and pray you will be Able to walk tomorrow!
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Day 3 of Level one and I am about to do it. I am having a really hard time with the jumping jacks and butt kicks and my knee feels like it is going to give out. I am having to modify them a little bit and just bounce to the jumping jacks and do modified but kicks where one foot is always on the ground. Other than that so far so good but I had to post this as my motivation to get my day 3 done and over with LOL
  • cschmidt45
    Options
    Well done Rachel! It surely will get easier. We just have to keep on, keeping on.:noway:
  • aodc909297
    aodc909297 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I finished Level 1, Day 6 today. I guess the first 5 days I wasn't doing something correctly because tonight I am sore from today's workout! It could be that I pushed myself a bit harder (I sincerely hope that is what it is) or it could be that I went hiking 1.4 miles today also, I don't know. I'm on Day 6 and I'm still not able to get through the cardio portions without taking a 5 second break, but I am getting better. I feel it in the abdomen, my upper thighs and my shins are very tight. I'm so glad for this group of people who express their pains and experiences ... makes me feel, well, ... "normal" !! Everyone keep up the good work. The before and after pictures I've seen on MFP are extremely encouraging... hopefully we can all post similar photos within the next month!!!
  • aodc909297
    aodc909297 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Day 3, Level 1 and found today to be the worst!!

I HATE butt kicks, my legs and feet protested to try 'a kick', didn't stop or give up, just 'jogged' for that part! Legs not quite as sore as yesterday, can now sit on a chair without aching quite so much!! Confession though, not using wieghts, working up to it, just using bottles about quarter full of water!!

That's funny about the water bottles... today was Day 6 for me and I had to resort to 2 pillar candles!!! Worked with dumbbells yesterday in a separate workout and wasn't even able to use my 3 pound weights during the 30 Day Shred!!