HRM £12.99 at Lloyds Pharmacy

Options

Replies

• Naybelline
    Naybelline Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else had a bit of a reaction to the chest strap? Two days later and my skin is bright red and a bit itchy from where the rubber bit was. Hmm.

Maybe allergic to rubber? :s

Must be. How disappointing. :(

It looks like really bad sunburn, I don't know what to do - I don't want to have wasted my money but I don't want my skin to fall off!!

Yeah sounds like an allergy. Maybe talk to your doctor about it? I have no idea! I hope you can figure a way around it.
  • Louise1583
    Louise1583 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Yeah sounds like an allergy. Maybe talk to your doctor about it? I have no idea! I hope you can figure a way around it.

Agh, I hate going to the Doctors. I'll just have to bite the bullet I guess.

Thanks for listening!
  • gtfcnat
    gtfcnat Posts: 199
    Options
    Are you just using plain water to wet the strap or that gel stuff you can buy? Wondering if that could be the problem, but if it's just water probably not :ohwell:

You could try taking an anti-allergy tablet a couple of hours before you work out and see if that helps, or another thought it's not a sweat rash is it?
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    see the calories burned bit, I get a big number and a wee one, not sure which one is the cals burned D:
  • Louise1583
    Options
    Are you just using plain water to wet the strap or that gel stuff you can buy? Wondering if that could be the problem, but if it's just water probably not :ohwell:

You could try taking an anti-allergy tablet a couple of hours before you work out and see if that helps, or another thought it's not a sweat rash is it?

Just water - I think maybe the sweat is affecting it, but it's just so severe, it has to be more than that. I've been putting Sudocrem on every 6 hours or so and it hasn't faded at all. I'll try posting a picture... Anti-allergy tablet might be worth a shot! I don't want to quit using the strap, I really love getting those little readings on my watch after a workout. :( But my under-boobs look horrible!

see the calories burned bit, I get a big number and a wee one, not sure which one is the cals burned D:

Big number! :)
  • Louise1583
    Options
    Not sure how to post it as a picture so here's the link:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a66/metallckr2/arrrgh.jpg
  • gtfcnat
    gtfcnat Posts: 199
    Options
    You need to put img ]  around the link (without the spaces)arrrgh.jpg

ouch :frown: that doesn't look good.
  • eeebee
    eeebee Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    that looks like an allergic reaction, definitely. does it sting?
  • Louise1583
    Options
    Oddly it doesn't sting at all, and only itches if it gets warm or if i catch it with a nail. Once I start to scratch, it gets itchier.

It looks faaaar worse than it feels.
  • SamHughes15
    SamHughes15 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I brought this HRM but from the catalogue very. its was £18 :grumble: but anyway it seemed fine and everything but the chest strap is a bit too big and falls down after a bit and it just doesn't seem to pick up my heart rate easily :frown:

Any ideas?

Thanks

I know this is silly, but have you tried re-adjusting it ???

Its on the tightest one, its fine when i first put it on but after a while it just slides down, do you have to put it under your chest or could you put it over do you think? It might stay put if my boobies are in the way :tongue:
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the reviews/comments (and the discount code!), finally decided to order one for myself! :flowerforyou:
  • girl_afraid82
    girl_afraid82 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I brought this HRM but from the catalogue very. its was £18 :grumble: but anyway it seemed fine and everything but the chest strap is a bit too big and falls down after a bit and it just doesn't seem to pick up my heart rate easily :frown:

Any ideas?

Thanks

Its on the tightest one, its fine when i first put it on but after a while it just slides down, do you have to put it under your chest or could you put it over do you think? It might stay put if my boobies are in the way :tongue:

I had the same problem... I found it stays put if I wedge it under my bra slightly, but will have to rethink this if I lose any more weight around that area. Maybe it would be possible to cut/unpick the strap, trim some excess off and sew it back together?
  • girl_afraid82
    girl_afraid82 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    You need to put img ]  around the link (without the spaces)arrrgh.jpg

ouch :frown: that doesn't look good.

Oooh that doesn't look good at all! Could you maybe cover most of the rubber part in something? Like some kind of slip on fabric? As long as the sensors are still in contact with your skin (and it looks from the shape of the marks that the sensors are okay on your skin... if I'm remembering the shape right) it should still work.
  • dollymixsix
    dollymixsix Posts: 112
    Options
    Got mine today, putting off setting it up because I'm terrible at that kind of thing
  • phoenixoncemore
    phoenixoncemore Posts: 202 Member
    Options

Any ideas?

Thanks

It does this on me too! (Only 30" rib cage) Maybe TMI but I put it underneath the tight band of my sports bra and that seems to keep it in place!
  • Louise1583
    Options
    Oooh that doesn't look good at all! Could you maybe cover most of the rubber part in something? Like some kind of slip on fabric? As long as the sensors are still in contact with your skin (and it looks from the shape of the marks that the sensors are okay on your skin... if I'm remembering the shape right) it should still work.

Yeah, weird that the sensors are OK! I think I'll have to play around with the strap... I don't wanna stop using it, it's really cool getting those readings!

I'll see what I can come up with this weekend. :)
  • KimMcG24
    KimMcG24 Posts: 35
    Options
    Enter MVC10 at checkout for 10% discount!
  • dollymixsix
    dollymixsix Posts: 112
    Options
    Silly question but how do you turn it off!?
  • AndyD123
    AndyD123 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Got mine delivered earlier. Tried it with my usual pace on the exercise bike and the watch was bleeping away as I was nowhere near hitting the target rate (75-85% in my case). Out of curiosity tried it with the Wii Jogging, and it hardly beeped, if anything if was beeping fast because I was going over 85%. Looks like I should be doing more jogging than biking, to be in that range anyway.

Oh and my brother was trying to make me jump whilst I was resting with it on to see if it made a significant difference.
  • littledumplings
    littledumplings Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    What's everyone putting in for VO2 Max?....I'm a lot unfitter than the national average :/