Introduce Yourself

Options
karisma81
karisma81 Posts: 71 Member
Hi, I've been on MFP for about 6 weeks and I love it. I'm doing C25K jogging and strength training. I'm 30 years old, married, no kids and almost a biochemist.

Replies

• tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    hello!! i'm 22 i've only been committed to a healthy lifestyle since mid to late january and i have just recently started going to the gym 3 times a week minimum. my goal is to lose another 20+ pounds but we will see how it goes.
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I am working through Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 DVD for the first time and have to do the beginner modifications on a lot of moves, but I am seeing results. As far as diet, I am new to primarily plant-based eating, and I am getting a lot of my nutrients from juice after watching the movie Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead.
  • rfechter
    rfechter Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone:

I just joined MFP around a month ago and I am still learning my way around. This is the first social type web site I have ever joined. I started my health kick 5 years ago and though I have managed to take off 24 lbs the last two years have been a stagnating mess. I just can't seem to shake those last 10 to 15 lbs. I am a mother of a college student and just went back to school my self to earn a PhD in molecular biology. I am hoping that the community on this site will help keep my motivation up.
  • LittleLolita
    Options
    Hi! I joined MFP in February and so far it's been addicting! I also just started the 30 Day Shred and I love it. I'm 27 (28 in less than a month) married with no kids. I'm a manager at a bank and my husband is a PhD student. My husband is on MFP as well after he saw how well it was working for me. I'm vegetarian and gluten free, so eating healthy isn't always so easy, but I've had alot of luck on MFP so far!
  • karisma81
    karisma81 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    @LittleLolita

My husband joined MFP too because I was always going on about it. He likes logging his food but he hasn't gotten into the social side yet. He's also an atheist, maybe I will get him to join this group.
  • KitTheRoadie
    KitTheRoadie Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My name's Chris I've been using MFP properly since January and it really is great!

I am 34, I think I have always been an atheist but is only in the last 5 years or so that I 'came out'. I work as a payroll manager for a national recruitment agency in the UK, it pays the bills and funds my hobbies which are cycling and astronomy/science.

I have a wife and baby who I love very much, our baby (Bradley) is 8 months old and aside from waking up every two hours, he is an amazing little boy! :-)

I am a member of another Atheist/Agnostic group on here that you should all look up, it's great to see that there are so many like minded people and we have a place where we can communicate with each other.

Feel free to me add me as a friend if you wish!

Happy weekend peeps! :happy:
  • jojogonzo
    jojogonzo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey all. I've been on and off MFP for a few years now. I'm trying to make a more conscious effort to work out and eat right. I can get the working out part down but the diet has always been the thorn in my fat side.

I'm 32 year old husband and father of (gasp) 4. Work as a Risk Analyst so I sit behind a desk all day long. Hopefully I'll be able to stay motivated this time around!
  • MuscleBear
    MuscleBear Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yay! Very happy to find this group. Just started Monday, used other calc apps with little effect, this one's so much better in design and interface, and like someone else posted above, this is the first social app I've joined, seemed like a good decision to help maintain accountability, get support, ideas, etc. Thx for creating this group!
  • rfechter
    rfechter Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My name's Chris I've been using MFP properly since January and it really is great!

I am 34, I think I have always been an atheist but is only in the last 5 years or so that I 'came out'. I work as a payroll manager for a national recruitment agency in the UK, it pays the bills and funds my hobbies which are cycling and astronomy/science.

I have a wife and baby who I love very much, our baby (Bradley) is 8 months old and aside from waking up every two hours, he is an amazing little boy! :-)

I am a member of another Atheist/Agnostic group on here that you should all look up, it's great to see that there are so many like minded people and we have a place where we can communicate with each other.

Feel free to me add me as a friend if you wish!

Happy weekend peeps! :happy:

How do I find this other group? I am just starting to freely accept that I am an atheist it is great to have others to communicate with. I was raised in a family that did and still takes faith in God very seriously and I never felt I really belonged as much as I love them. Even now I would not discuss my feelings with them.
  • KitTheRoadie
    KitTheRoadie Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    How do I find this other group?

Hopefully this link will work....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/43-atheism-agnosticism

I guess I am lucky that my parents have never really pushed religon on me and I don't think they are that religious themselves, certainly they never go to church or talk about God in anyway.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like support with your weightloss goals and someone to talk to about this. My last girlfriend and her family were very strong in their beliefs so I know what it's like to not have an outlet.
  • Polly464
    Polly464 Posts: 3
    Options
    I just started MFP last week, or as my friend calls it "the food nag". I am out of shape and I know I am not eating right. I don't have much weight to lose, but I do need to be in better fitness. I am tired of being tired! I am hoping this helps my motivation. Already I am making better food choices - because "the nag" is keeping track!
    Next goal: more exercise. It is the hardest because of time constraints. That and the fact that I get headaches - throbbing, migraine-like headaches, everytime I work out. The doctor said there's a pill I can take, but I hate pills. And what kind of a fix is that?! It helps if I keep my heart rate steady and not let it get up in to the good cardio-level but I would like to get there. Cardio is what I need!
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Hi all.... been here about a year now... just saw that Christian Music thread that is out there right now.... seems like there's a lot of god going around on this site.... it got me wondering if I was there was a group for atheists around here. Good to see I'm not the only rational mind on MFP.
  • SgrMag574
    SgrMag574 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm Nancy, a 37 year old mom and RN in Colorado, USA. I just joined MFP today, but have been more health conscious since becoming pregnant 2.5 years ago. I have finally decided to log my diet and exercise to lose the last bit of "baby weight." I recently became a pescetarian (vegetarian who eats fish) and have been an open athiest/humanist/free-thinker since my early 20's. It's nice to see so many other like-minded folks here!
  • MargotAllen
    Options
    Hey everybody! I'm 34, female, and an ex smoker. I quit 2 and a half years ago, but smoked since i was a teenager. I also had a job where I didn't move around very much, so my lifestyle was sedentary, and I put on a lot of weight and got up to 210 pounds. I'm already down to 166, but want to get somewhere between 120 and 130. I just joined MFP less than a week ago. And I'm about to start the Insanity program. It kind of freaks me out a little because I can't even run a mile. I do, however, do a brisk 5.5 mile walk every night. But running hurts my lungs. I guess I should practice more. Push myself a little harder... Love this group and site! :)
  • CrawlingChaos
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm a 27 year old male. I've been off and on using mfp for about a year maybe but havent gotten too setious until late last year. I've been working as a computer programmer for about 5 years noe. Before that i was doing warehouse type work. Going from throeing furnature around for 10 hours a day to sitting on my *kitten* for 8 hpurs a day and not changing my eating really did somework on my weight. After my dad had a heart attack last year i figured i need to start taking my health seriously.

Im so glad to see any kind of atheist/skeptic/secular group on here affer seeing so much pseudoscience and bad logic on these boards.
  • khagador
    khagador Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi there all! I'm 26 (turn 27 in less than a month!) and I'm a born-again Atheist. You see, I was born an Atheist. Then, my mother forced me to go to church since I was a baby. I became born-again when I was around 18 and my church brought in a "recovered gay" man to speak about the wrongs of being gay. I stopped going to that church and then shortly after, became an atheist again.

Now that you know my life story, here's some tidbits of info/stats about my goals.

5'7"
    Was on a 1200 calorie diet for 3 weeks.
    Bumped up calories to 1400
    I'm on the second week of Insanity
    I strength train and am a cardio freak
    I play rec league floor hockey

SW- 142
    CW- 134
    GW- 124

Current measurements:
    bust-34
    waist- 26.5
    hips- 38
    upper thigh- 18.75
    arms- 10.75
  • usedasbrandnew
    usedasbrandnew Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Katie, 23. Used to be 220, currently 186, trying to get to 145. :) Single, no kids. Suffered the loss of my boyfriend (John <3 ) in January, but exercising every day has really been a pick me up, no longer laying in bed listless/crying anymore (ok, not as often)... so that's good. Trying to be healthy and live my one life to the fullest.
  • Mrs_BST
    Mrs_BST Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm Mandi and I'm pretty stoke that this group even exists! I'm 30 and just started my journey this week. I have a lot of support from my boyfriend of 10 years, Brandon, and a lot of family and friends. I've been heavy my whole life and I'm really ready for a change. I quit smoking about 2 and half years ago and I know if I can do that, I can do this!
  • dj_phx
    dj_phx Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm Dorothy, a 27 year old programmer in Phoenix, AZ. I joined MFP a couple months ago but have been on other diet site for years, and decided to try something new this time. One thing I get tired of on diet website is all the praying and contributing success to god, so it's nice to have groups like these to come to.
  • itsybitsybutterfly
    Options
    Hello all, Rachel added me to this group. I'm atheist and have never been more amazed with my chance at life on the plant. I've been atheist for about two years. I've been using mfp for about 75 days. I've lost 20 lbs and only have 20 more to go!! I'm so excited and I love this site. You can add me as a friend if you would like. I do see a lot of theists on here thanking god and praying, but I'm thankful for me because I couldn't have lost the weight without me! I love seeing my friends progress and sharing mine as well...good luck everyone and happy eating :))