Level 1

Options
MaryTheIceCube
MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
For those currently on Level 1 of 30DS, discuss!

Replies

• juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I did my first session this morning.. Hard.. but I'm not feeling too bad now. thank goodness. I heard horror stories of post-day 1 workout pain.
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    I did my first session this morning.. Hard.. but I'm not feeling too bad now. thank goodness. I heard horror stories of post-day 1 workout pain.

How are you feeling today? Funny enough, I'm in some ways looking forward to that post-day-one workout pain. It's been so long. [I just had a baby almost 6 weeks ago]
  • jnels
    jnels Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Did Day 6 of level one last night (3/22). I know I did it right, but I'm not sore today....is that bad?!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    Did Day 6 of level one last night (3/22). I know I did it right, but I'm not sore today....is that bad?!

Not at all! By day 6, your muscles have become stronger and have adapted to those particular moves. On day 7 of level 1, you can try increasing the intensity of each move a bit to give your muscles a little more of a challenge.
  • jaimemariel
    jaimemariel Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Just did day 1 of level one! That workout is no joke!
  • Millefleur
    Millefleur Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm finding the first circuit really tough! I've done Days 1 and 2 and am taking a two day weekend break, each time I've had to stop after the first circuit for a short break but have then done the second two in one go (just about) fine. Not sure if it's harder or I'm just taking a while to get into it, I may go for a 10 minute moderate to brisk walk beforehand tomorrow.
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    I'm finding the first circuit really tough! I've done Days 1 and 2 and am taking a two day weekend break, each time I've had to stop after the first circuit for a short break but have then done the second two in one go (just about) fine. Not sure if it's harder or I'm just taking a while to get into it, I may go for a 10 minute moderate to brisk walk beforehand tomorrow.

Good idea, a little warm-up walk to get your body prepared. Let us know how it works for you.
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options

How do you feel today?
  • jaimemariel
    Options

How do you feel today?

Pretty okay the next day but doing it again the second day was rough! I felt like I wanted to vomit afterwards.
  • MandyMcAwesome
    MandyMcAwesome Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I just got the dvd in the mail and I think I am working up the nerve to start. I might just wait until the 1st.
  • dezignz4u
    dezignz4u Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hang in there ...its going to be okay ... I am always so sore after I start working out ... but we are here to keep you encouraged!
  • HoosierMomma1
    HoosierMomma1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I started 30 day shred level 1 today. Honestly, there were moments that I wanted to rest but I made it through! I wish my kids hadn't lost my measuring tape so I could measure today but if I can't find it soon I'll just have to use my stats my a few weeks ago.

I burned 199 calories and I am pouring with sweat ( and I'm used to 60 intens minutes on the elliptical)

Theresa
  • HoosierMomma1
    Options
    Am. Right that we ate supposed to do ts every day for 30 days with no rest days?
    Theresa
  • Millefleur
    Millefleur Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Just completed Day 3 Lvl 1, brief pause after the first circuit to give myself a shake and have a big drink, that jumping jacks/skipping combo kills me. But I did keep up much better today and feel a helluva lot better after finishing :happy:
  • jaimemariel
    Options
    Am. Right that we ate supposed to do ts every day for 30 days with no rest days?
    Theresa

Yes I think you are supposed to do it every day for 30 days. I'm doing it every other day however because I'm also doing C25K.
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 yesterday of level 1. That was tough! The hardest part for me was the jumping jacks. I have horrible knees and literally cannot jump on both feet at once without exacerbating the pain. This was discussed with my doctor, so I use a substitute move that has just as much intensity and works the same muscles. I am hoping when I lose some weight my knees will be able to take it, but for now it is what it is.

Today I was supposed to do my cardio on the stationary bike, but my quads are so sore! So water jogging it was instead. Great workout and burns great. Back to 30ds this afternoon for day 2.
  • singitella
    Options
    Just finished day 2 of level 1. Whew! I may need an advil tomorrow before my day 3 workout. :P I'm glad I got through today, though. I was thinking about just walking, but pushed through instead. Time for a good stretch!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Theresa

Actually Jillian recommends you take day breaks. I'll be doing 2 days 30DS, 1 day cardio, 2 days 30DS, 1 day cardio, 1 rest day. I have it all spelled out on my calendar and should finish the 30 days around mid may. I'm also planning on doing 30 minutes of stationary bike in the evenings every day.
  • dezignz4u
    dezignz4u Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I was under the impression no rest period but some people have changed the routine ... My goal is to work straight through!
  • HoosierMomma1
    Options
    I did day 2 today but I did ripped in 30 days instead of 30 day shred- same concept though.

was a little sore in the arms from yesterdays day 1 of thr 30day shred and I wanted to see how different ripped was. Considering mixing them up so I don't get bored. I was drenched in sweat after I was done and burned 243 cals so t was a good day.

Wanted to get up before work to do it but was too tired. Hopefully, I can get up early tomorrw and do day 3 .
    Therwsab