nights off

Options
2»

Replies

• aimielee
    aimielee Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If I didn't have kids, I think I would try to stay on the same sleep schedule all week to make it easier for my body. I completely flip my awake/sleep hours every week and that is hard on the body. I'm in the same boat as a few people where I work 3 overnight 12's and I get off on Monday morning. I can go home and sleep for a few hours during the day and sleep fine that night. The problem is Friday where I get up at 6am with my kids and then stay up ALL day and ALL night. I'm awake for 26 -28hrs each Friday. Sometimes I try to sleep before work but usually I'm not tired enough.

As someone mentioned, the Eclipse curtains are great! I put some up in my living room last week but I need to get some for my bedroom. I bought a Fitbit Ultra 2 weeks ago and it tracks how much sleep you get. I'm on a mission to get enough sleep. So far I've bought a sleep mask and ear plugs so I can sleep through all the noise my spouse and kids make during weekend days. :)
  • aimielee
    aimielee Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Duplicate....
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I sleep on my first day off and on my second day off I live during the day and sleep at night like normal people. Then I am back to the grind for 5 days.
  • jaydubbayu
    jaydubbayu Posts: 456
    Options
    I work a weird schedule.
    M T W, off Th, then work F S S M T W TH.. then off 3 day weekend.
    When I'm just off that Thursday, I sleep during the day, and stay up all night.
    When I'm off the 3 day weekend, I sleep at night. (Ain't gonna lie... Passed out drunk sometimes)
  • KristyB32
    KristyB32 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm tired all the time...period. Even if I take a nap on my Friday, I never really fully recover before going back to work. :yawn:
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    It's not that big a deal for me. I sleep when I'm tired on my days off. I don't try and 'adjust' anything. Although, generally, I sleep in a few more hours on days off.
  • jaydubbayu
    jaydubbayu Posts: 456
    Options
    I'm off this friday, saturday, sunday, and don't go in until Monday night. (Just came off a 7 day working stretch) I'll nap a little on Friday, and go to bed Friday night normal (passed out drunk).. and sleep at night both saturday and sunday.
  • smiller9
    smiller9 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have been working nights since November. It is still hard trying to adjust on my days off. My husband wants me to switch on my off days and I still end up staying up most of the night and just missing out on sleep. It is hard with a family and kids schedules on the weekends to get sleep during the day. It is easy during the week for me but weekends are hard to switch my sleeping habit. I work Sun thru Wed.
  • jojomia
    jojomia Posts: 18
    Options
    I work 7p-7a, 3-4 nights a week. When I get home around 8-8:30, I sleep until 2-3p then I stay up until about 1am and sleep until 7am when I have to get my son ready for school. I pretty much stay up till 12 or 1a every night that I don't work. Not sure if I am getting enough sleep. I wear a dark mask when I sleep during the day and it does wonders! I don't have to worry about curtains and can have my door and windows open for fresh air. I didn't think I would like it but you get used to it and I think I sleep better with it on now than without!