1st Date Nerves.

Options

Replies

• La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    so I had been chatting with this other guy. he's cute and assertive, which i like. well i gave him my number earlier and he just called so we're going out for a drink in a bit.

:flowerforyou:
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    I think the guy is sick.. There are certain symptoms one can have that you just don't risk on a date. . .And the intensity with which he's fighting to keep you is also encouraging. . Why blow you off just to fight for you?

It's possible he double-booked and isn't sick at all, and while double booking isn't the worst offense, making up some bs lie about being sick is!

Sooo. . I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. .What's the worst that can happen?

On the bright side, now you probably won't be so nervous!

^^^ this!! Good luck tomorrow, can't wait to hear if there were sparks :heart:

he excites me for some reason.. i am really attracted to his pictures and he seems to be expressive and open which i like. i hope all goes well tomorrow too.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    so I had been chatting with this other guy. he's cute and assertive, which i like. well i gave him my number earlier and he just called so we're going out for a drink in a bit.

:flowerforyou:

good luck let us know how it goes.
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    Um it went very well. Won't be seeing him again (eh) but it was fun! :drinker:
  • timnca03
    timnca03 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Um it went very well. Won't be seeing him again (eh) but it was fun! :drinker:

OK as a guy....if it went very well, why won't you see him again?
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    Not interested in him for long term.. but he was fun!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Not interested in him for long term.. but he was fun!

Ermm, Why?? Didnt you fancy him?? Were his pics different?? Did he walk with a hunch?? :laugh:

Details woman!!! :flowerforyou:
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Okay, we're going to have to come up with a system to keep up with all of your guys. I've got gym guy and FL, now there's the Irish puker and what are we calling this fun but no thank you guy?
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    We can call this guy latin lover. lol

He was attractive. 29 but the whole time we messaged and even in person was just a fun tone.. not the fun like FL and I but just "light". I wouldn't date him long term (not sure why). We had a good time. :bigsmile:

Irish puker?? He texted me several times last night still sick LOL.
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    Dinner tonight with Irish puker. Woop.

I'm actually looking forward to this date. He seems to be really excited to meet me too which makes me nervous. Hopefully it'll go well.
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    good luck!
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    It went well.
    First of all, he was still feeling ill. He wasn't himself 100% but he said he knew if he didn't come I would had blown him off. Ha. Not sure about how I feel regarding that, flattered he made the effort but jeez, I don't want you feeling too sick during our date.
    He complimented me a lot. He was very expressive. He seems to be very attracted to me.

He wants to see me again... BUT............ he is looking for something serious.. which I am of course too but he brought up how he wants to get to know me and only me. He can't do multi dating and get to know me at the same time so he said he would want me to give him my attention as well if I wanted to.
    I'm not sure how I feel about that. I told him I wanted to get to know him more and then we'll see. He wasn't asking me to be exclusive or anything but he says he just doesn't think 2 people can really explore each other if there's others involved. I agree to a point I guess....

I am very attracted to him. He's bald, blue eyes, tattooed, 6ft... but his style is very rocker. I can tell he is a fighting Irish man.

Anywho, I'm going to see him again.
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    It went well.
    First of all, he was still feeling ill. He wasn't himself 100% but he said he knew if he didn't come I would had blown him off. Ha. Not sure about how I feel regarding that, flattered he made the effort but jeez, I don't want you feeling too sick during our date.
    He complimented me a lot. He was very expressive. He seems to be very attracted to me.

He wants to see me again... BUT............ he is looking for something serious.. which I am of course too but he brought up how he wants to get to know me and only me. He can't do multi dating and get to know me at the same time so he said he would want me to give him my attention as well if I wanted to.
    I'm not sure how I feel about that. I told him I wanted to get to know him more and then we'll see. He wasn't asking me to be exclusive or anything but he says he just doesn't think 2 people can really explore each other if there's others involved. I agree to a point I guess....

I am very attracted to him. He's bald, blue eyes, tattooed, 6ft... but his style is very rocker. I can tell he is a fighting Irish man.

Anywho, I'm going to see him again.

Yay!! Aren't you glad you didn't blow him off?
  • will010574
    will010574 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear it went well! Good call on not blowing him off.

I do agree it seems a little weird the discussion about not multi dating while you get to know each other. That threw me for a little bit of a loop.
  • will010574
    will010574 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    he just doesn't think 2 people can really explore each other if there's others involved. I agree to a point I guess....

Isn't that the same as exclusive?
  • AllanMisner
    Options
    Yeah, that's not usually a conversation I have until it starts getting close to sheet time.
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    he just doesn't think 2 people can really explore each other if there's others involved. I agree to a point I guess....

Isn't that the same as exclusive?

Im not sure but I don't think I'm going to stop dating other guys. That's way too quick for me. I did tell him this and he said he couldn't tell me what to do but eventually he'd want my full attention.
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    Yeah, that's not usually a conversation I have until it starts getting close to sheet time.

So is this weird?? He seemed very happy to be with me but he doesn't know me yet... and in his eyes, that's why he wants to focus on just me.

Blah!
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options

So is this weird?? He seemed very happy to be with me but he doesn't know me yet... and in his eyes, that's why he wants to focus on just me.

Blah!

Not necessarily weird. I get his point. I would not have said that as early as he did.

Good enough for at least another date, and you'll see where it stands.
  • AllanMisner
    Options

Blah!

Not weird, but a definite flag of someone who is controlling. But I'm only taking this from a message board, I wasn't there. So, take it for what it's worth.