Starting ChaLEAN Extreme

Options
Tomorrow, anyone else? :smile:

Replies

• tabithajoyy
    tabithajoyy Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Im on my second month now. But if you wanna ask me anything or need help. feel free to ask!
  • Steph62002
    Options
    I'm on my third round. Love it!
  • prettytothinkso
    Options
    I'm starting my second week today. So much sweat! lol
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I just finished my third week. I love it!
  • courtrptr13
    courtrptr13 Posts: 272
    Options
    I'm getting up at 6 a.m. tomorrow and starting! I watched Burn Basics and a few minutes of the first workout today and I'm excited to get going!
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I just started on Saturday and today was my rest day, I'm sore, especially my arms! I'm sure tomorrow I'll be even sorer.
  • clowermom
    clowermom Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I started today, Monday 4-2-12. I just finished the first workout about an hour ago. I'm a total newbie at this. :)

But....I'm disappointed in my workout. I think maybe I underestimated my weights, so the workout seemed very easy for me. I'll have to use heavier weights on Wednesday.

I also think some of my "That's it?" feeling is because I've been doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred/Ripped in 30 and am somewhat used to Jillian trying to kill me.

I feel like I still need to exercise today.

(Edited because I apparently had no idea what today's date was!)
  • jennileeb1680
    jennileeb1680 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    me - I work out in the evenings though
  • reshapemariah21
    reshapemariah21 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies, I'll be starting this evening!
    To those who aren't already my friend, feel free to add me!:flowerforyou:
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I started today, Monday 4-2-12. I just finished the first workout about an hour ago. I'm a total newbie at this. :)

But....I'm disappointed in my workout. I think maybe I underestimated my weights, so the workout seemed very easy for me. I'll have to use heavier weights on Wednesday.

I also think some of my "That's it?" feeling is because I've been doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred/Ripped in 30 and am somewhat used to Jillian trying to kill me.

You sound just like I did when I started. It took me until week 3 to feel as though I was truly challenging myself with the weights. I was used to doing lots of cardio so I felt like I was missing something. I did add in more cardio than the program had for my non-lifting days. Sometimes I jog after my lifting workout. I take my rest days now though.

I can already see a difference in my arms. I haven't taken my second measurements yet. I have some work pants I haven't been able to wear in months. Just last week they were snug in the derriere. The scale has not budged in two weeks, but I'm wearing the pants right now and they are loose. When I was where you are now, I read these types of posts and wondered how that could really be. Yet here I am three weeks later with loose pants.

Karen
  • courtrptr13
    Options

I started this morning too and loved it, but I felt also like maybe I didn't push myself hard enough. I also just finished 30DS on Saturday, although I didn't do the 30 days consecutively, I did it 3 - 4 times a week. I'm going to do week 4 day 1 of C25K tonight to get my cardio in. I guess I'll guage how my muscles feel tomorrow and then decide if I need to up my weights a little.
  • KathieDee
    KathieDee Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I plan on starting this evening but i will be using resistance bands!
  • Lavern77
    Lavern77 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today 04/02/2012
  • Cclancaster
    Cclancaster Posts: 368
    Options

I started this morning too and loved it, but I felt also like maybe I didn't push myself hard enough. I also just finished 30DS on Saturday, although I didn't do the 30 days consecutively, I did it 3 - 4 times a week. I'm going to do week 4 day 1 of C25K tonight to get my cardio in. I guess I'll guage how my muscles feel tomorrow and then decide if I need to up my weights a little.

Guys if you get to the 12th rep and feel like you can do more then your weights are not heavy enough. She repeats this over and over. You have to be struggling to get that 12th rep up or you need to increase your weight. I did week 3 burn circuit 1 today and have increased all my weights from the first week and I barely got through the first week. It is supposed to be hard or you aren't doing something right.
  • clowermom
    Options
    I know that it's supposed to be hard, but with it being my first day I really had no idea what weight to start with. Now that I have Day 1 under my belt I feel like I have a better idea of what weight to use on the next workout. It wasn't until the 5 or 6 rep on each exercise that I thought I should have gone heavier.

I'm chalking some of this up to a learning curve. You don't know what's too light or too heavy until you try it, right?
  • prettytothinkso
    Options
    I know that it's supposed to be hard, but with it being my first day I really had no idea what weight to start with. Now that I have Day 1 under my belt I feel like I have a better idea of what weight to use on the next workout. It wasn't until the 5 or 6 rep on each exercise that I thought I should have gone heavier.

I'm chalking some of this up to a learning curve. You don't know what's too light or too heavy until you try it, right?

I found this to be very true. My first week gave me an idea of where I could go heavier, lighter, or harder this week.
  • courtrptr13
    Options

That's exactly how I feel. I used heavier weights than I probably would have because I knew I wanted to challenge myself, but I think next time I'll go a little heavier. And even though yesterday I was feeling great after my workout, when I woke up this morning I was a bit stiff and sore so I'm sure I challenged some muscles!
  • KimInsanityP
    Options
    I'm at the end of week one of the beginning of the program! I'm also doing Insanity, please feel free to add me as a friend for support! I also have a group called Love Beachbody Fitness, check it out!
  • KathieDee
    KathieDee Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Completed Burn Circuit 1 and 15 mins of Turbo Jam Fat Blaster last night...so achy!:smile:
  • clowermom
    Options
    So I've now completed BC 2 of Week 1 and I have to say -- today went MUCH better than my first day! My weights were more appropriate and I felt like I had worked out. In fact, my arms are burning just a bit as I type this.

But this leads me to another question. (Remember, I'm new at this...) I only have dumbbells in 5 lb increments and only up to 20 lbs. Today I used mostly 10 lb weights. When should I move up to the 15 lb weights? When I feel like the 10s are getting "too easy"?

And, thinking even further ahead, the 10s seemed a little too easy for some of the lower body exercises, but is jumping up to 15 lbs going to be too much?

I have a feeling I'm going to have to find some money (or win the lottery) pretty soon and upgrade to heavier weights.