Season 2 premier.. POTENTIAL SPOILERS

Options
2»

Replies

• DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    So I'm not just being Mr. Negative. I'm liking the actor who's playing Rob, doing a great job w/growing his character. And even though Joffrey is the biggest *kitten* there ever was, the actor who's portraying him is great. Finally, Dinklege commands the screen in all of his scenes.
  • DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    I am not sure why they had Maester Cressen drink the poison wine before Melisandre?

that happened that way in the book.. he did it and as he dies was confused as to why she wasnt as well.. it shows that mel owns..

It didn't happen that way in the book. Yes, he did die from the poison but she drank about half the glass before he had any. If I'm wrong, I apologize, (I don't have the book at work w/me) so I can't double check.

im pretty sure its the way i remember it.. i will check when i get home.. i may be wrong.. but i distinctly remember thinking he drank it first because he knew she wouldnt drink it until he did.. and he knew he poisioned it.. so he knew he was going to die.. thats sad..

thats what i remember..
  • DarthCeltic
    Options
    So I'm not just being Mr. Negative. I'm liking the actor who's playing Rob, doing a great job w/growing his character. And even though Joffrey is the biggest *kitten* there ever was, the actor who's portraying him is great. Finally, Dinklege commands the screen in all of his scenes.

i agree rob is very tough and seems to be really smart with all of his choices.. it makes me think twice though that he would fall for the wedding..
  • DanOhh
    Options
    cmt-medium.gif
    cmt-medium.gif
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I love that second gif lol
  • Banannafish512
    Banannafish512 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    The North Remembers! Such an epic title for such a not as kickass episode. It seemed very much as it was setting the scene of what was to come. I liked the Robb and Catelyn scenes as well as Robb with the direwolf intimidating Jaime. One thing I was confused about, did it actually happen? Or was Jaime dreaming it?

The killing of the *kitten* was pretty awful, especially the baby One thing I was surprised about was that Joffrey knew about the rumours surrounding his parentage. Wasn't he left in the dark (on Cersei's orders), until some prisoner insults him in person? One of Stannis' men I think ?

i also wanted Dontos to be naked! And more drunk! It seemed more comical in the book when some drunk guy is running after a horse with his pants down, and then decides the horse is too fast and sits down to have another drink.

I feel as Ros is going to be replacing both roles of Alayaya and Chataya in the books. Which is too bad because they're both described as being dark-skinned. C'mon HBO, let's not make everyone white! I will be furious if Dorne is white-washed >:o
  • DanOhh
    Options
    The recasting of 'The Mountain That Rides', Ian Whyte
    tumblr_m1v8svjWMj1r9h4heo1_400.jpg

First look at Roose
    tumblr_m1v7mplIUz1r9h4heo1_400.jpg
    This is good casting for Lord Bolton
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    cmt-medium.gif
    cmt-medium.gif
    YES
  • DarthCeltic
    Options
    cmt-medium.gif
    cmt-medium.gif
    YES

i love this!!!
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Is it Sunday yet!?!?!?!

I loved the first episode. I'm glad they got Liam Cunningham to play Davos.. I don't know who the actor playing Stannis is.. but his face doesn't look familiar to me.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I am not sure why they had Maester Cressen drink the poison wine before Melisandre?

Better visually that way - you see him bleeding pretty much instantly after drinking and her not being affected at all. Happens the other way round in the book (she half drains the cup and then asks him to drink, he can't refuse as Stannis will then know he tried to poison her). I thought Melisandre was ace, looked barking, in a good way!
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I loved it! I loved the part with Rob and Jamie. Rob is so badassed. For some reason I have a soft spot for Cersei. I actually felt bad for her. You can see she is kind of horrified at the monster she created.
  • DarthCeltic
    Options
    I loved it! I loved the part with Rob and Jamie. Rob is so badassed. For some reason I have a soft spot for Cersei. I actually felt bad for her. You can see she is kind of horrified at the monster she created.

cersei was only scared that her monster.. might be worse than she is..
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options

Very true. Sansa..the poor girl. I hope she kills Joff. Her or the hound.
  • DarthCeltic
    Options

you havent read the books huh?
  • Banannafish512
    Banannafish512 Posts: 87 Member
    Options

you havent read the books huh?

no spoiling! and who knows? HBO might decide to do something differently....but in this case if they did, I feel as if there'd be a fan-based mutiny.
  • bigswedeman
    bigswedeman Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    HBO will not alter the course of the books... :)