Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Anyone enjoy being single?

Replies

• Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    I recently read an article that 33 was the best age according to a survey done.
    I'll be 33 next month. :wink:

I hope so, it's 4 months away for me.
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    I was enjoying it...being free to do what I want, when I want, but I am ready to find Mr. Right now :)
  • tfbrave77
    tfbrave77 Posts: 29 Member
    If I had more time and friends to go out and have a good time I probably would not sweat being single at all. But in trying to be the best father I can be I do not find the time needed to get out and make friends. Not sure I would really know how if I did.
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Some of the time, in that I can do whatever I want to do, without having to consider what a SO needs or would prefer. If I need to go to Austria, France and Germany in a week for work, there's no-one to feel abandoned or unloved. Mind you, there's also no-one to come home to, and I've always been single, so I don't exactly have much basis for comparison except my observations of my friends' relationships.
  • jaxdiablo
    jaxdiablo Posts: 580
    I'm surviving it. I'd rather have someone in my life, I'm getting to the point where MY biological clock is ticking like big ben. I know, right, weird for a guy.

I'm just lonely, I mean I love my friends and my ability to get out and do what I want whenever I want, I'd just like to find someone to do these things with me.

Basically like everyone else, not unhappy, but not as happy as I could be.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    I do enjoy being single (much better than being in a bad relationship). Though while I have guy friends for the times when I really just want a guy by my side sometimes I wish I had a relationship. There's a depth that comes with knowing someone intimately for years, and you just don't get that with guy friends whose first priority is finding their own special someone.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    YEssssssssssssssss!! I am so so so so so happy. Seriously, I think I'm having the best days of my life.

I am happy in my own skin and am proud of myself. I'm in a good healthy place right now both physically and emotionally which helps me make better decisions which makes me happy with makes me want to be the best ME I can be.

I'm giddy most days... for life. I am in love with my life and I don't know what to do about the excitement I feel.

I'll be 34 next month! :sad:
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Okay well the survey said you start being the happiest at 33 and so far that was the best year for these folks.. when they hit the 33. Sooo that means you're still good. :flowerforyou: How was 33??
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Okay well the survey said you start being the happiest at 33 and so far that was the best year for these folks.. when they hit the 33. Sooo that means you're still good. :flowerforyou: How was 33??

Pretty good, but I expect to make my goals at 34 so I'm thinking it will be better!
  • missbethea
    missbethea Posts: 280 Member
    I dunno, I like not having to answer to anyone. But I miss sex :/

That pretty much hits the nail on the head! But I'm at a point where I'm not interested in casual sex anymore, either.

But for the most part, I like being single. I like being able to go out with the girls, go hang out with my guy friends, go here or there, and not have to answer to anyone. I don't have to prioritize anyone over me and what I want- and I like that.

For a long time I was not okay with it. But I've been single for 3 years now. In the last six months or so I've become totally okay with it. I've got a lot of platonic friendships with males that satisfies my want/need to have "men" in my life, so to speak.

.... Of course, everyone tells me once you reach the point where you're genuinely happy, seriously okay, and enjoying being single is usually when a person waltzes into your life and mucks it up. I hope that's not the case.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    I like being able to date different types of guys.

But I miss the sex and closeness of a relationship.
  • kali2785
    kali2785 Posts: 42 Member
    YEssssssssssssssss!! I am so so so so so happy. Seriously, I think I'm having the best days of my life.

I am happy in my own skin and am proud of myself. I'm in a good healthy place right now both physically and emotionally which helps me make better decisions which makes me happy with makes me want to be the best ME I can be.

I'm giddy most days... for life. I am in love with my life and I don't know what to do about the excitement I feel.

^^^^^ THIS!!!!! I couldn't say it better myself, except for the 33 bit, I'm only 26 and still having the time of my life!
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    I'm surviving it. I'd rather have someone in my life, I'm getting to the point where MY biological clock is ticking like big ben. I know, right, weird for a guy.

I'm just lonely, I mean I love my friends and my ability to get out and do what I want whenever I want, I'd just like to find someone to do these things with me.

Basically like everyone else, not unhappy, but not as happy as I could be.

mostly this - except for the biological clock, I threw that thing away when I was a young girl
  • erintheinspiration
    erintheinspiration Posts: 229 Member
    It's not that I'm miserable being single at all... but sometimes you just miss the companionship. Someone to text with all day, someone that says good morning and good night, that person that you think about all day and can't wait to see them again. Someone to cuddle on the couch and watch movies with, someone to make you feel better after you have a rough day. It's definitely great not having to answer to anyone, but with that said it would be nice to have a guy around. That's just me though... Of course I've been single for about 2 years, so I think I'm ready to find that person! I'm definitely not going to settle though just to have someone around... been there, done that (more than once) LOL! ;)
  • DavetheHYNIC
    DavetheHYNIC Posts: 318 Member

Chile plz!! Your over the topness reeks of you tryin to use your enthusiasm to mask your denial. I have NEVER in my adult life met a woman who was HAPPY to be single. I have met many who were CONTENT to be so, there is a big difference.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    I love being single most of the time - AMEN for toys on those times when feeling twirly. I would rather be single than in a piss poor excuse of a relationship. So right now I am happy where I am at ... and looking forward to seeing where things from here will go.

Besides I am thinking I am going to go all out with my skinnier me and PARTAY for my 40th coming up in Aug - Maybe a trip to Mexico :drinker:
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member

Chile plz!! Your over the topness reeks of you tryin to use your enthusiasm to mask your denial. I have NEVER in my adult life met a woman who was HAPPY to be single. I have met many who were CONTENT to be so, there is a big difference.

Well you just met your first one honey.

I'm sorry you seem to be gloomy and that you're around unhappy women. So sad for you. :brokenheart:

Oh and you "reek" of *kitten* for attempting to speak for me.
  • twisted88
    twisted88 Posts: 294 Member
    I enjoy being single, but I enjoy being with an ex-SO as well (but whether he and I are in a relationship doesn't really impact the enjoyment of spending time with him, now that we've gotten over that sort of weird phase where you aren't exactly sure how to act around the other person).
  • UsedToBeHusky

Based on your response, I'm kind of not surprised that YOU are single!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Its better than being in a bad relationship so it is enjoyable when you are free from turmoil. Being single for me as given me the oppurtunity to grow, learn from my mistakes, heal from the heartache, etc. But after a while, I would just like to start dating eventually. But at this point it's 50/50 for me because since I've been single, I realize that I'm more alone that I've ever been, so that's the part that's not enjoyable.