• 3mmalou16
    3mmalou16 Posts: 27
    Options
    Day 1 yesterday = hurting today!!
    Wont give up though :laugh:
  • Tatyanne
    Tatyanne Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Hi girls... As i already told you, I'm at Level 2 (today was D02)...but i decided to come and tell somethings...
    Girls...Level 2...i can tell you...you are going to sweetttttt.... I saw a drop fall from my face today :laugh: and i though...crazy thing...how i this possible....i ran 20km and i don't see drops falling like this...yes i sweet, but not as in the Shred
    Lot's of new exercises, new muscles beeing worked there. Even Natalie looks to be in troubles with some of the hardest exercises :laugh:

Someone refer they wish the exercise were "more" to the abs...get ready! level 2 cardio exercises will do your wish. Lots of Planck there. I'm love in it :bigsmile:
    I'm sure you are going to love it too!

Keep going!
    I know is not easy, but if i can do it, since D01L01 withouth a day break, you also can do it!!!!

Feel free to add me as friend.

Kisses to all,
    Tatyanne
  • Sportaholic013
    Options
    Completed day 1 of level one last night. Didn't think it was going to be very tough considering I am quite outgoing and sporty.. Boy was I wrong. Great workout :) Hopefully it will keep getting that little bit easier each day :)
  • MexisMom
    MexisMom Posts: 249
    Options
    I did day one yesterday, and I have no idea how I'm going to do day 2 today! My legs are so sore!!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness today is my cardio day!! My thighs and calves are SO FREAKIN' SORE!! LOL It even hurts to squat to sit on the toilet!:ohwell:
  • BeachGurl815
    BeachGurl815 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I did L1D4 yesterday. Today is a body pump class for me so I will do L1D5 tomorrow. This workout is no joke. I am amazed that I can get through a grueling 90 minute spin class but have trouble getting through 20 min of this! I'm not sore anymore. I was just a little sore in my calves and upper arms/shoulders just slightly. I am burning between 150-175 calories as verified by my hrm. I also noticed my weight is up by about 3.5 lbs. but also TOM is visiting right now so that may have something to do with the weight.

Feel free to friend me if you wish - just let me know your from this group.
  • ColleenMachine
    Options
    I just finished D2L1! Today seemed much more intense, maybe because I didn't allow myself stop and take a water break! Lol. I seem to be doing okay on all of the workouts expect the last one, butterfly crunches I think she called them. My legs are constantly trying to collapse on me! Any advice, ladies?!

Oh my god, the bicycle crunches! They kill me! I just do as many as I possibly can, then I lay there for a second, take a deep breath, and make myself sit up and wait for the cooldown. I'm to the point where it's only a few seconds between when I sit up and when they go into the cooldown, so I'm hoping that by the time I'm ready to move up a level I will be able to make it through the whole set. The most important thing I've always been told is to watch your form and your breathing. Breathe in during the easy part of any exercise, then breathe out during the hard part. Better to do only 2 crunches with good form than to do 20 with poor form. Work on your form and your breathing, and the rest will follow.
    Funny story though, the bra I was wearing has a clip on the back so I can make it racerback, and somehow as I was trying to stand up after the chest flys, the hook got caught on the carpet! I was stuck for a second! Greatly amused me, but don't worry, still made it up in time for the side lunges ;)

This is hilarious. :D At the Target near me they had yoga mats on clearance, $10 each. Maybe get one for those chest presses so you don't catch on the carpet? I got one because I have a hard wood floor and it really hurts if I try to do anything on there without a mat.
    I think it's more of a personal preference. I prefer to do the workout in the morning myself; it seems to set me up for more energy throughout the day. And then it would give you time to fit more cardio in during the evening.

I love working out in the mornings. It wakes me up better than coffee ever could, and I feel that the continued movement of going through my day afterwards helps to keep the stiffness and soreness at bay.

I also tried doing yoga before and after (like I said I would) and it reaaaaaally helped with the soreness.

To all of you that just did L01D01, welcome aboard! Each day gets easier, you just have to push through it! You can do it, keep moving!
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Made it through L1D2 and it did seem more tense today. Could be because I was still sore from yesterday and TOM's right around the corner though. I have a feeling Jillian will be on mute soon enough. :-)
  • ToEKnee213
    ToEKnee213 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Day 2 went well. Less breaks but just as much sweat and cussing. I do feel pretty awesome after, like I really acomplished something. Hooray for us!!

Totally felt this way too.

My quads are BURNING though lol

I'm working muscles that I've not worked in years....I dig it!
  • Ttopeka
    Ttopeka Posts: 160
    Options
    Completed L1 D4 earlier this evening. Proud of myself for not stopping to rest/drink during the middle of this workout at all - but that might have more to do with the fact that I forgot my drink downstairs before I started than anything else ;)

However, later tonight (it was like...2AM), full of energy and having nothing to do, I tried checking out Level 2. Actually managed to complete it and be half-alive afterwards (sweating up a storm!), so I'm hoping when I pick up on L1 D5 tomorrow I can push myself a bit harder than normal to follow the "advanced" girl. I think I'm still going to do each level 10 days, as planned, before moving up to the next level full time though.
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Shred day level 1 complete! Husband and I did it together with baby Thomas cheering us on. I'd been using 3lb weights but bumped up to 5lbs today. Arms = jello. My legs are feeling great though! Shred day again tomorrow followed by a cardio day Friday.
  • get_fit_Milena
    get_fit_Milena Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks Mary for starting this forum!!
    :flowerforyou:
    I love it. I am on day 7 and each night I sit for a few minutes and read other people's experience. I've done mostly level 1, and tried level 2 and think tomorrow I'll keep on level 2. I am going straight through 30 days. With lots of extra stretching at the end, I am finding it possible.

I am more hungry, but am trying not to do what I did on the first 3 days which was have a big breakfast! It sets my tone for the day.
    These last two days I"ve stuck to salads, chicken, veggies, fruits and some chocolate or peanutbutter or both and stayed under MFP goal calories.

I am counting the exercise as "circuit training". I am hopeful that at the end of the month, I'll be really happy with my results and will be motivated and in a habit of working out each day..........its taken me almost a year to get motivated to work out again. This after losing 30 pounds with WW and training for 3 Adventure Races.

Thanks again for starting this support!
  • get_fit_Milena
    get_fit_Milena Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I really really recommend extra stretching at the end. She holds those stretches for like 3 or 5 seconds! We need at least 15 seconds on each muscle. This has helped me not be sore, so i just thought I'd mention it! Good luck!
  • Ttopeka
    Ttopeka Posts: 160
    Options
    Phew....level 1 day 5 complete. I think my late night rendezvous with level 2 last night really wore me out for today, because I had to force myself up to do level 1 this evening...and it kicked my butt! And I had thought the past few days I was getting better :P I did try to kick things up a notch, but I think it was more the aftermath of L2 that slowed me down. Not looking forward to switching to L2 full time in a few days...haha. Definitely feeling a bit stronger, though!

I don't think I do the crunches in circuit 2 correctly, though...the cross-body crunch? No matter how many times I watch them and try to imitate, I just don't feel much "burn" or anything when I do them, like I feel when I do the others. Anyone else have the same problem?
  • 3mmalou16
    3mmalou16 Posts: 27
    Options
    Level 1 Day 4 DONE!! Jillian this had better be worth it! LOL
  • Meloonie
    Meloonie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Just finished level 1 day 9 this morning and I have to say I am noticing a difference in my endurance from day 1 already. Not looking forward to level 2 though! Argghh!!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Day 4 for me today. I was actually able to make it through all of the warm up with out stopping! Usually the jumping jacks get me. AND I can tell I'm going down lower on my push ups. Still had to stop a few times, but I can tell it's getting better!

Cardio day for me tomorrow and then my off day on Saturday (although I'll be mowing the lawn and bowling). Back at 30DS on Sunday!
  • JenniferDent_CHC
    JenniferDent_CHC Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    That's great! I'm looking forward to increased endurance :)
  • MommyofLily
    MommyofLily Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Just started last night, Level 1 - Day 1 complete!! I got a late start, but the soreness I'm feeling today has me motivated to keep going! I've never actually made it to Level 3, but I'm determined to go the whole way through it this time. I took before pics last night so I'll be posting those soon. Hope you're all doing well kicking butt!!
  • Millefleur
    Millefleur Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Day 6 complete, definitely felt a difference today, still hard work but it felt like I was actually working out and not just stumbling through it :happy: