Introduce Yourself!

Options

Replies

• anr1228
    anr1228 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hey! My name is Ashley. I'm 24. I live in a pretty little town on the coast of Mississippi. I have a 4 year old son, Jacob, and a supportive fiance, Jason. I just finished my first day of the 30ds and oh boy! I feel the burn already!! I'm really glad I found a support group to help push me thru this! I'm 5'2" & 150 lbs. I'm hoping to lose at least 10 lb when this 30 day journey is over. Overall I would like to get down to about 135 but that might take more than 30 days!! My question is how much cardio are you guys doing along with the shred and how often? I have an elliptical that i use 3 times a week for about 30 min. Should I bump it up some? (That's assuming I will be able to, God willing my legs are not complete jello after these workouts!!) Can't wait to get started with all of you!! Good luck!
  • jenny6701
    jenny6701 Posts: 18
    Options
    Hi my name is Jennifer I am 31 years young and I started 30DS today.
    Please feel free to add me.
  • msmith2020
    msmith2020 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Melissa and I'm 22, I have done day 1 of 30 day shred last sunday, had to get on antibiotics that make me a little sick so I have decided to wait until I finish them to re-start and finish 30 day shred. I plan to start tomorrow after my weigh in (since I know, from 1 day personal experience that you will gain water weight) and I really want to tone up, maybe lose some inches and really get in shape!!

I have decided to do the 30 day's straight through, I have it all written out on my calender and I even have little gold stars to put on there when I complete a day, I have realized that if I give myself something, even a star, that I cant wait to finish my workout to give myself a start and it also feels really good to SEE how many stars i will have in the end, 30 hopefully lol. Its a completion that you can see, so it helps!!

Anyone else looking to start tomorrow April 3rd??
  • aray1107
    aray1107 Posts: 75
    Options
    Hello everyone!

My name is Ashley and I just started 30 DS (for the 2nd time around after a few months) today! I am wanting to lose a little weight, but mostly tone up. I plan on walking/jogging most days of the week along with the 30DS simply because it's so relaxing to me to be able to get outside and enjoy the weather. :)

I'm here for support and enjoy new friends! Feel free to add me. I'm 24, live in Michigan, and I'm 5'4 120-125 lbs.

Good luck everyone!
  • wvtracyann
    wvtracyann Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    hello everyone I am Tracy and I am starting the 30 Day shred today I am hoping to lose 12 pounds by May 25 and hoping this will help me in that journey
  • Drews_girl
    Options
    Howdy! My name is Jen and I am a 41 year old, married, mother of two. I am really excited about this whole program. I just started 30DS yesterday with my friend and, while I couldn't do it all (no jumping jacks or anything that stressed my knees out because I have arthritis on both of them), I did do the majority of level one. I'm sore today but definitely looking forward to working out more and getting to feel better about myself.

It's nice to be here with all of you, and I am looking forward to our conjoined success! Best of luck to us all!
  • babywing
    babywing Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi, I'm a 34 year old mom of 2. Just had my last baby about 4 1/2 months ago. Started the 30DS saturday in addition to my usual 30 minutes of cardio on my elliptical. Really want to get through these 30 days!
  • pattesterman
    pattesterman Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Is any one else in their late 50's doing this,and does it get easier?
  • sphyxy
    sphyxy Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is Jennie and I just finished day 2!

I have been overweight for over half of my life and tired of it. I am 29, SW of 339, CW around 314. My HW ever was 363 a couple years ago. I am lucky to be tall and feel that I carry my weight well, but my health is starting to affect me.

I am doing a lot of modifications with 30ds but I never stop. Unfortunately my weight is KILLING my knees so I can't do the jumping jacks and have to do the modified jumping jacks which makes me feel like a moron. Oh well, I refuse to give up!
  • anniebanani19
    Options
    Hello everyone! I just started the 30ds today and am looking forward to doing all 30 days this time around. I am 26 and live with my husband and 2 dogs. I recently lost 40 pounds doing weight watchers, but switched to mfp as I really needed a change of pace. Hoping to lose 5-10 pounds while doing the shred, but more then anything, get more toned. Looking forward to getting to know everyone in the group!
  • nomayo
    nomayo Posts: 228
    Options
    Hi everybody! I'm geraldine, I'm 30 YO and I started the 30DS at the end of March, I'm in my 6th day of level 1. I don't feel that sore, like in the first 4 days or so, but I still feel it. Right now is the only workout I am doing, I'm still on the fence if I can add another one, I was thinking in adding the killer buns and thighs (since I bought it already) when I could reach the level 3 in 30DS, or to get BFBM, or the Extreme Shed and Shred or the Shred it with Weights... too many options (that's good!). I didn't measure or weighted myself before starting: my max weight was 206 ponds, then one day before staring I was in 201 lb, and today I weight 199 lb. I was expecting to gain instead of losing, but OK. Thank you very much for the support. Hugs.
  • Louise12
    Louise12 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! am i too late to join in ?? I have done the shred a few times before but i fancy another round!
  • suzikay12
    suzikay12 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Suzi. I am from Iowa. I'm 36. I have a wonderful boyfriend of several years and a teenage son (13 yo) who is wonderful too.

I'm 5'8 and started at 187lb. I've always been a solid person but have really added some weight since I turned 30. I think at my smallest, I weighed 145lbs. Honestly, at 145 I was a little on the scary skinny side. Collar bones and ribs showing. Unfortunately, I have the ever so troublesome hip and thigh affliction. No matter how little I weigh, they seem to stay the same(Thanks mom!). I started dieting and walking about a month ago. Adding in 30DS two weeks ago. I'm on Day 4 of Level 2. As of this morning I was at 178.6lbs. Feels good to break the 180 barrier!! My goal weight is 160, give or take. I just found MFP a few days ago and have no friends yet, so please feel free to add me.

In the past I've always done cardio, cardio, cardio to lose or maintain weight. This time I'm trying to focus more on strength training, which is where 30DS comes in to play. I feel like it is doing the trick. Hope I can hit my goal my bikini season!
  • jstar05
    jstar05 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I started my 30DS on tues 4/3/12, I had to skip it today though :( I'm excited to get back on it tomorrow. I'm 5'0 and between 118-121, I would like to get to 110, this back fat and belly has got to go.
  • notsoshort23
    notsoshort23 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello Dawn Here Im looking to lose 43 lb to be at a health weight and according to the BIM Im to be at 128 so current weight is 157.4 and im hoping to be to my goal weight by or before 10/31/12 Well it doesnt help I work out once a day with Jillian and sit at a desk 5/6 days a week well wish me luck ...
  • jstar05
    Options
    Hello Dawn Here Im looking to lose 43 lb to be at a health weight and according to the BIM Im to be at 128 so current weight is 157.4 and im hoping to be to my goal weight by or before 10/31/12 Well it doesnt help I work out once a day with Jillian and sit at a desk 5/6 days a week well wish me luck ...

Good luck!
  • AshleyChanel
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm Ashley from Dallas,TX & yesterday was Day 1
    Of Level 1 for me! I'm a little late, but I'm super excited
    This is my 1st Challenge & I'm happy to be a part of this group.
    My goal is to lose 50lbs by July 21, I'm also joining other pals in a no
    Scale til Memorial Challenge which begins April 9 so Im hoping this shred
    Will give me good results come May 31st. Thanks in advance for the support
    We can do this!!

-Ash
  • ColleenMachine
    Options
    Welcome, Ashley! Better late than never, girl! :)
  • jstar05
    Options
    Hi Ashley, good luck!
  • augustbride2012wa
    augustbride2012wa Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I'm late to join, but I just started 'shredding'. I finished day 2 today. My name is Katie, and I live in Denver. I am hoping to lose 20 pounds over the next 4 months. How is your shred going?:)