What's your ride

Options

Replies

• the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    1984 Kawasaki KZ700 that I'm restoring.

Nice choice! I nearly bought a running KZ750 recently for almost nothing and have kicked myself since!

JM
  • harley_rose
    Options
    I ride a 2001 Harley Wide Glide for 9 years now.. before her I had 650 V-star... I too had the issue of the one foot down flat and the second on the ball.. I know don't realize it.. I am very comfortable with my bike.. it is in my ticker but she had a paint job she is now candy yellow with orange flames.. will try to post pic later..

I would like to go to Sturgis looking good on my bike...not a HOG on a HOG
  • Petge
    Petge Posts: 1
    Options
    04 Road King , I to am new to the site , but not to trying to lose weight , up and down with that , this seems like it is going to help
    13 lbs in a little over 40 days .
    Anyway dropped in to say hello , and Ride safe - Later
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I have ridden the same ole Harley since 1995, she's a 92 Heritage, and I love her, considering passing her down to either my wife or my kid (I'm seriously considering an Ultra-classic). Before that, I had 2 different Sportsters - a 75 and a 74. I had a 1972 BMW r80-7. and two different Honda 750-4's. I restored a 1977 Honda 550 a few years ago, had fun on that). I had a couple of Yamaha's before that - a 350 and a 125. I had a couple different dirt bikes through the years, but my off-roading now is done with a Yamaha Bruin 350 4-wheeler. I started, back in 1969 or 1970 on minibikes and minicycles (remember the Honda Minitrails - awesome little bikes!).
  • idahoprincess72
    idahoprincess72 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi. Just joined the group. I'm on a 2009 Harley Dyna Superglide. My first and only - so far. Started riding August 2008 after many years of wanting to learn. I look forward to another great year of road trips. My husband and I have two short trips planned so far: one from Denver to central WY for a bike fest in June and a weekend to Yellowstone in July. Other than that, we'll get our miles logged around here in CO. And I plan on looking smoking hot with my new bod! :)

Happy riding!
  • FitPatty738
    Options
    I have a 2008 Harley Davidson Electra Glide Classic - we ride all the time. My husband has a 2011 Road King. We are both trying to lose weight to look and feel better when riding. I think what got me was when my parents were riding behind me and my dad said my arms jiggled.....
  • HealthyRider
    Options
    '93 Heritage Classic Nostalgia & 2001 883 Sporty (tricked out) :heart:
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

It's nice to see a riding group in the forums that rides bikes with engines on them :laugh:

I have a 06 Yamaha V Star 650 custom

I found this bike spring of 2010:love: and it spurred me to get licensed to ride.

We've been together 2 years next week:drinker:

IMG_20110801_121657-1.jpg
  • sarvissa
    sarvissa Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have a Honda Shadow 600... new to this group, sort of new to riding. Coming up is my second full summer of riding, can't wait! I'm in Albany, Oregon, and technically could ride year round, but I'm still a fair weather rider.
  • the_journeyman
    Options
    Here's a shot I took this weekend, that bridge behind me is the Blue Ridge Parkway.

(right-click & open in a new tab or window)

DSC_0144-1024-1.jpg

JM
  • alisonst76
    Options
    ^^^ feeling some jealousy :cry: right now Jman. We just had a fresh dump of snow last week so spring won't be here for at least another month. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • the_journeyman
    Options
    i'm hoping we're done with snow for the season!!!

JM
  • DanTheRunningMan
    Options
    Nice to see several V-Star riders on here. My first cruiser was a 2002 V-Star 1100. I rode that bike on two fairly long trips. The first was a 2 week ride down the coast from Seattle to the Monterrey Jazz Festival. I took 5 days going down, spent a week down there, and rode home in one long 17 hour day. The second trip was to Lake Tahoe for a sidecar rally, my step-brother being a sidecar guy. Those were two of the best vacations I ever had. I loved that bike, but it wasn't the best setup for the kind of touring I enjoyed.

Last fall I bought the Ultra-Glide I'd always wanted. The goal is to ride it to Key West, FL and see a lot of the country I've never seen. For now, I mostly just ride it on my 22 mile commute. Looking forward to a longer trip when the weather improves a bit.

IMG_2165.jpg
    hd.jpg
  • debloves2ride
    Options
    Nice to see several V-Star riders on here. My first cruiser was a 2002 V-Star 1100. I rode that bike on two fairly long trips. The first was a 2 week ride down the coast from Seattle to the Monterrey Jazz Festival. I took 5 days going down, spent a week down there, and rode home in one long 17 hour day. The second trip was to Lake Tahoe for a sidecar rally, my step-brother being a sidecar guy. Those were two of the best vacations I ever had. I loved that bike, but it wasn't the best setup for the kind of touring I enjoyed.

Last fall I bought the Ultra-Glide I'd always wanted. The goal is to ride it to Key West, FL and see a lot of the country I've never seen. For now, I mostly just ride it on my 22 mile commute. Looking forward to a longer trip when the weather improves a bit.

IMG_2165.jpg
    hd.jpg

The vStar is my favorite bike and was my first pick for myself. but the suzuki boulevard was better balanced and I bought that. I do love it, have taken many long trips on it and it has been a wonderful bike. You need to ride to key west - awesome trip, just avoid Miami :)
  • cino2684
    cino2684 Posts: 26
    Options
    Starter and only bike 2000 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic.
    Went to a Harley dealership today to use a gift certificate I got and i want a HD!!! I can definately dream. Started riding July 2011, never been on one before and I love it. Definately need to get alot more miles under my belt before getting a HD.
  • the_journeyman
    Options
    Speaking of HD, If money wasn't a concern, I would LOVE a Night Rod!

Cino - You'll get great use out of that Vulcan, stone-reliable and easy to handle!

JM
  • Steven4BatmanSuit
    Options
    2005 Ducati 800 SS - love it!!!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    2006 Triumph Daytona 675. My first and only bike (I've always built stupidly fast cars)...and every time I get on it...which is multiple times a day, EVERY day...I kick myself in the *kitten* for not having bought one years ago.

Daytona675Side.jpg

And the poser shot!
    2012-02-14141204-1.jpg
  • PJ901
    PJ901 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    2004 Yamaha Road Star Midnight Silverado. I bought her 3 years ago and am very happy with it, but I am thinking about moving up to a full-bagger.......We'll see :)

18499363.png
  • eschwab855
    eschwab855 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    BMW 2010 Ri200GS Adventure The big pig I love this bike it holds 9.2 gallons of gas I can go 375 miles on a tank of gas allows me to cover huge distances when I head out west. Riding across the great plains to get to the rocky mountains you need to cove huge distances of flat *kitten* boring riding I want to get done with as fast as possible