Options

Replies

• AmateurSurgeon
    Options
    hey im Raphael

20 years old

male

just here to keep track of my calories.

don't have much times these days but my favorite games are dynasty warriors, dynasty warriors 2, dynasty warriors 3, dynasty warriors 4, dynasty warriors 5, dynasty warriors 6, dynasty warriors 7, samurai warriors, samurai warriors 2, samurai warriors 3, and guild wars.
  • robneilhendrix
    Options
    Well lets start with my name is Rob or Neil because one is my first and the second is my middle and some call me one or the other. I'm 29 going on 30 in October and at least every check I've done for those years every so often throughout a day, I've been male.

Gaming wise I own a lot of Magic the gathering cards that I never use, love video games of which there is a Wii in the House, own an Xbox 360, and make it a point to have a decent gaming computer around. Latest beaten game was Mass Effect 3(Xbox 360), currently playing Skyrim (Gotta love the mods), and I have an ecclectic taste. I'm on Xbox Live, Steam, Origin(Just because of Sims 3, Star Wars: The Old Republic, and Mass Effect 3), and various social media Twitter, Google+, Facebook, and so on. Love anything from Nintendo 8-bit even that McKids game McDonalds put out, gamed since Atari 2600, and played most systems since that. Honestly I'll admit, I like PC gaming best though there are times a console controller is a nicer fit (Skyrim)

I have a son turning 2 in a month and some days, I sit at a desk all day, and even when I lost a ton of weight and was still over 210, the doctor was worried I was anorexic, hence I've been so used to the idea I'll always be a big framed guy I never cared until my son came along and started paying attention to what I eat and do. Now I'm not a believer in all the organic health food stuff that others do but I want some better habits than what I have, preferably cheaper too, hope it helps lose some weight or at least curve the bad habits.
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Sound, and I'm a 25 year old female inbetween college and life. I love to derp around in all sorts of video games, and strange ends of tumblr/youtube for mild lulz'ing. I currently play SWTOR, Republic- Lord Adrass (Hollaaaa The Ninth!), where I run around and inject people with chibi droids and claim they are 'healed'. I used to LARP locally until the scene shifted (White Wolf setting) from vampire-Camarilla oriented to Werewolf (not a fan of the fuzzies for LARP personally).

I'm wanting to get down to my 'normal height weight', or close to it. Will see how I look as I go along. Really I just want to look smokin' hot (Cus I'm a vain peacock). So far I've gone up and down (Thanks SWTOR for crashing my life-changes there for a month :P), in total I've lost over 50lbs, but gained back 25 (uhg the same). So I'm at a loss of 25 from my orginal starting weight. I aim to keep going and be at my 'goal' by June- doing a steady 2-5lb a week.

Currently I'm working on a goal project for the month of april where I am attempting to walk 100 miles in the month (Thats roughly 7,000 steps aday). So far doing good!

:3 hope to contribute to the community!
  • Ohjeezitskim
    Ohjeezitskim Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Who are you!
    Age?
    Female or male?
    RP?
    LARP?
    What are your weightloss goals?!
    How many pounds have you lost?
    Walk on the Beach?

You get it!

I'm Kim, 19/F/PA. Been playing video games since around the age of four! I remember playing Mario 64 at that age in my parent's bedroom!
    If RP is role-playing, no sir!
    Same with LARP, no ma'am!
    My goal is get back down to the 130s which is about 20-30 pounds I need to lose!
    Lost three pounds - however, my sodium intake has been high, so I haven't weighed myself lol maybe by this weekend.
    I have a PS3 and play different types of games, my favorite being Skyrim (previous oblivion) I play COD, though not much anymore. I have 10+ more other games for my PS3. I also have a Wii, and used to play twilight princess and brawl, but now mainly wii fit, and wii sports, I use my boyfriends xbox to play halo and portal!

I haven't been gaming lately (besides wii fit/sports) due to me focusing on weight loss.
  • AndrewXB9
    AndrewXB9 Posts: 114
    Options
    Hello all,

I am Andrew, 19 and I'm from Glasgow.

I have lost around 26 lbs before I joined MFP and now I want to lose more. I am 5 ft 8, I study Computer Games Development and I'm going to University in September. As I am a Games student I enjoy everything geeky.... Lord of The Rings, Star Wars, Big Bang Theory... Etc. I love games, movies, technologies and hanging out with friends.

Got to have comedy in your life too! Family Guy, American Dad, Big Bang Theory, Friends, etc!

Also, I dream of living in America.

I am mostly looking for requests from people around my age, with my interests or at College/University so I can chat with you lovely people! If not.... Feel free to add me anyway and we can still support each other :)
  • InvidiaXII
    InvidiaXII Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    My name is Lauren, I'm 22, live in the NJ area and just graduated college. 5'9", 140 lbs. My fitness goals are mostly trying to get stronger and more athletic at this point, as I've been a weakling my whole life. Surely due in part to the cumulative months sitting in front of the computer :) I've been doing strength training and cardio 5-6 days a week for the past 2.5 months now.

My interests that are relevant to this group include scifi/fantasy fiction, PC gaming, mythology, anime, and horror movies.
    Favorite author is Neil Gaiman, favorite movies are Star Wars (3 original only) and The Princess Bride. Favorite TV shows are Firefly, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Game of Thrones, How I Met Your Mother, and more recently The Big Bang Theory.

Favorite games/series include: WoW, Mass Effect, Minecraft, Left 4 Dead, Gears of War, Dragon Age, Portal, Resident Evil, and Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines.

Feel free to add me! It would be super duper to have MFP friends with similar interests.
  • Iheartpsychosis
    Options
    Who are you!
    Age?
    Female or male?
    RP?
    LARP?
    Walk on the Beach?

You get it!

I'm Harmony, 25 yr old female student lol. I have a long way to go in terms of losing weight but I'm more determined now than ever. I've been playing games since the master system, my favorite console was the sega mega drive. Most of the games I enjoy as an adult have changed more towards pc gaming. I'm a big fan of getting lost in MMORPGs.

My favorite kinda games includes; The Mass Effect series (besides stink ending), Dragon Age 1&2, SWTOR, WoW, Rogue's Galaxy, Rift, Guild Wars,The Sims series, Clock Tower series.

My favorite kind of shows includes; Survivor, Vampire Diaries, Breaking Bad, The Big Bang Theory, Shameless & Dexter.

Add me. I am probably into SWTOR the most but since trying to change my lifestyle I haven't been able to get around to it as much. Still trying to find that right balance. Thanks all.
  • jstur14
    jstur14 Posts: 30
    Options
    Hello all

My name is Josh Age 28

My basic weight loss goals is get to a comfortable weight to be able to keep up with my children.

I game on all the systems 360/PS3/Wii/PC

I mostly like RPGS/MMOs/FPS as my primary games but like a little of all types of games
  • Femmekid
    Femmekid Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! My name is Lauren and I'm a 25 year old female. I live in Oregon, but I'm originally from Southern California. I moved to Oregon about 1 1/2 years ago to live with my boyfriend of 4+ years. We met online, on GaiaOnline to be specific. I don't use the site anymore, but it used to be cool.

I used to RP in chatrooms as a teen and did that for about ten years until a lot of my main groups died off. I love RPGs and adventure genres. I play mostly PC and Xbox 360. Some of my favorite series/games include Assassin's Creed, Final Fantasy, Sims, Suikoden, Red Dead Redemption, Elder Scrolls, Gears of War, Grand Theft Auto and Fallout. I've played several MMOs over the years such as MapleStory, Dofus, Ragnarok Online, and a few others.

I'm initial weight loss goal is 50lbs. From there I want to lose another 100lbs. I'm currently weighing in at 300lbs. I have no idea how I got where I am today, I'm the biggest I've ever been. The fear of diabetes and such has motivated me to lose weight. My step father was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes and it's a terrifying thing.

Hoping to find a few people to pair up with and maybe we can help keep each other accountable and lose weight together!
  • Wilson336
    Wilson336 Posts: 76
    Options
    Who are you!
    Age?
    Female or male?
    RP?
    LARP?
    Walk on the Beach?

You get it!

Jon
    6'0"
    Age 38
    Male

MMO on LoTRO (sometimes) and I am just starting on SWTOR.
    Game on the 360 (tag Sheepdog Alpha) and PS3 (tag Seriatim_finite) as well.
    Almost at goal, want to lose 25 pounds and get my 1.5 mile run time down to 11:00 minutes (at 11:40 so far). I am in fairly good shape, but have never concentrated on lowering weight (just lifted more instead as my weight went up).
    Also want to get body fat% down for my walks on the beach (going on Carribbean cruise in December 2012).
  • DarkFlutter
    DarkFlutter Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Who are you! Name is Angela...Dark Flutter on Xbox :0)
    Age? 34
    Female or male? F
    RP? ?
    LARP? ?
    What are your weightloss goals?! Goal #1 is to lose 30 lbs by Sept. Goal #2 is lose another 40-50 after that.
    How many pounds have you lost? Not a single one :0( This is a slow go right now. Can't seem to jumpstart my body into it.
    Walk on the Beach? Don't live near one :0(

Would appreciate any thoughts on how to get this process jumpstarted. I lost about 10 lbs at the end of last year and haven't seen then when I've really been trying to. I HATE to exercise...but have given in and will start attending Planet Fitness tonight. Any exercises you think I should do in particular...especially for thighs...please let me know.

Most nights if I am not sitting and reading, I am sitting and playing Call of Duty. Only game for me, even though I do have a Kinect as well. GT is Dark Flutter if you want to hit me up :0)
  • DarkFlutter
    DarkFlutter Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    FemmeKid:
    Sounds like we have similar stories. Hit me up and we can help support each other. :happy:
  • Lynvincible2012
    Lynvincible2012 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    S'up gamers!

Lyndsay
    Galway, Ireland
    Have lost 25lbs, another 15-ish to go, depending on how I like it ;)

XBox live: Lynvincible

Games: MW3, Black Ops, Overlord (1 and 2), Assassins Creed, Battlefield, anything good really and i LOVE MULTIPLAYER so please add me and lets kick some a..! :)

Looking for friends so feel free to drop me a line, I'm the one on the right in the pic, look in my profile for how i looked Xmas eve 2011- I'm on the right again in the white top.

Looking forward to chattin to ye all :)

Lyn xx
  • evilstarburst
    evilstarburst Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hello Im Sara 5"7 220 pounds, was 250 pounds in new years, made a goal this year so far so good.
    I am highly motivated and I love to play indie games, halo reach, league of legends and other games i have on my steam account that i come across, also love deep meaningful games or puzzles like limbo. I also love music games lol well i guess I love all kinds of games but im mainly a pc gamer even though I have like every system.

I haven't played video games as much but still love them.
    I love to hike,camp, scuba dive, adventure, party, read, and cook.
    I can't play any instruments or sing or real talent like that but I have many hobbies and love crafting and art.
    I am a pretty blunt person but I think I am a calm and understanding.
    My goal isn't to be skinny, its to get in shape to be able to do more adventurous things, to have a great endurance and instead of day dreaming to go on adventure in my video games, I WANT TO BE the adventure.
    Hope to make more friends around here and help keep each other motivated :D
    PEACE OUT!
  • TeutonicKnight
    TeutonicKnight Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Who are you! I am Jared, aka TeutonicKnight
    Female or male: Male
    RP: Aye!
    LARP: No, but would!
    What are your weightloss goals: Get down to 160lbs
    How many pounds have you lost? 20
    Walk on the Beach: I rather be lost in the country than found in the city.
  • Ryan_Bullock
    Options
    Who are you!
    Ryan, usually go by Gonzo or Twizzler in games.
    Age?
    31, but I'm high mileage!
    Female or male?
    Male
    RP?
    Nope
    LARP?
    Nope

To get down to the 160 mark but I'm not too hung up about weight. It's more about being athletic again and feeling good. I played lots of soccer and am always very active. I'm currently going through my first round of P90x while training for my first sprint triathlon in June. So excited!

11lbs, 2-3 more to go to get to goal weight!

Walk on the Beach?
    Only if it's with the wife and kids!

So a little more about me. I grew up playing video games, starting with the NES. I'm mostly a PC gamer and have played just about every game under the sun starting with the Police Quest/King's Quest series. I spent a lot of time playing Doom/Quake and Everquest series. I recently finished Warhammer 40k: Retribution and have moved onto the Witcher series.

I don't spend a lot of time playing, maybe 1-2 hours a week. I work in the industry as a 3d artist, so spending more time in front of the computer when I get home isn't as appealing. That being said, I'm looking forward to sinking time in Diablo 3, Guild Wars 2, and the new Civ 5 expansion.

Cheers!
  • workreadplay
    Options
    Hey, I'm Jessica, an almost-30-year-old who is 5'5", 183 pounds and looking to drop to at least a nice 145.

I am a total geek/nerd/dork/dweeb and make no apologies for it. I "embrace it proudly, without fear!" (Bonus points if you know the character and movie that comes from.) I'm a book, movie, music, and game junkie who just started hitting the gym every other day (thank god for my Kindle while I'm on the bike and treadmill!).

Right now, I'm rocking the XBox and a few casual games. I love RPGs and survival horror. I just started getting into some FPS because I suck at aiming. Since I had knee surgery in August '11 and again just before Thanksgiving, I've had a lot of time on my hands and have knocked out quite a few games, including, but not limited to: Silent Hill Downpour, Metal Gear Solid Collection, Final Fantasy 13-2, Bulletstorm, Dante's Inferno, Captain America, and X-Men Destiny. I'm working on the first Darksiders now, to be followed up by PREY and Gears of War 1 and 2.

I'm also not ashamed to admit that I have a "gaming account" on Facebook. You know, that other account you create to play casual games so that all of your friends don't know just how dorky you are? And it also enables you to add "friends" from other continents so you're never lacking for neighbors without giving them a chance to look at your life. I mostly play farming or hidden object-type games, but right now, I'm addicted to The Avengers Alliance. It's pretty much and RPG where you become a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent and recruit heroes to kick some booty.

My GamerTag is Quiet182. Just send me a message to let me know who you are if you want to add me. :-)

OK, I've probably typed way too much, so TTFN!
  • mandi2r
    mandi2r Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm amanda, prefer to be called mandi, hence my name on here... I think it sound cuter ^-^
    I'm 23 years old
    I am female
    I do rp in some of my games, that is if there are other people that want to, and are not being stupid about it
    My want to lose 55lbs before october of this year and so far I've only lost 2 for the week :(

We own a wii, xbox360, ps3, gamecube, and computers.. Used to have other game systems but no more :(

At the moment I mostly play CoH, WoW, GWs. And Biggest loser on wii for part of my exercises.
    I'm beta testing for Diablo3 and WoW mist of pandaria.
    And pre-purchased GW2!!! (<-- Excited)

I'm not really a geek, just really really odd..
  • canesfan3301
    Options
    Hey all, Macthe here. I'll be 36 on the 26th. I'm a guy that loves RPGs, never LARPed, but know a bunch of damn dirty LARPers, hah! I started at 230lbs, and am currently at 215. My goal weight is 205, so 10 more to go! I currently own a PS3, but have all the last gen systems too. I'm saving up for the Star Wars Kinect Xbox 360 bundle. I play all times of games, but love RPGs, Sandbox-type, and Strategy Games. I'm currently playing Mass Effect 2 and Oblivion on PS3, and Disgaea on PSP. My gamertag is Canesfan3301, so if you have room for me on your list, feel free to add me! Lets motivate! JUST BRING IT!
  • Paul_Taylor
    Paul_Taylor Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Cute group!

I am Paul, a part-time gamer. I play EveOnline whenever I can, but 2 kids and a job tends to make flying internet spaceships quite hard (and dangerous).

I have always struggled with weight, although 6 years ago I finally did a full-on program and got to the best shape of my life. It lasted a year before I got complacent.

I was 85kgs (6foot1) then.... slowly I got all the way to 118kg.... now after a half-assed effort I am tetering on 100kgs....

Converted to pounds, it's about 40lbs more I am seeking to lose , and the timeframe.... 140 days.

Hope to get to know you all better on the journey :)