Replies

• augustbride2012wa
    augustbride2012wa Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you Ashley!
  • jstar05
    jstar05 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi Katie! Today I just completed day 5. I'm able to do the whole section without cursing at Jillian. LOL
  • augustbride2012wa
    augustbride2012wa Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Haha. Good for you! After day 3 this morning, I only yelled at the TV through the third circuit. Progress? :)
  • coombsy87
    coombsy87 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I am about to start the 30ds tonight. Just about to take photos for day one, then gonna take photos on day 30. I am excited but very nervous!

Keep fingers crossed, and feel free to add me if you'd like to give/receive motivation!

Xx
  • raqufern
    raqufern Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Hi girls! My name is Raquel, and I am a mom of two (2yr old and soon to be 6yr old). I have completed the 30DS once before and got pretty amazing results. Unfortunately I had planned to start Jillians No more Trouble Zones right after and slacked for about 6 weeks or so with little to no strength training. Luckily I have continued to loose weight but this past tuesday I did her NMTZ video and was sore for about 3-4 days later.....I am talking I cant even sit on the toilet sore LOL! (TMI I know) So I have decided to build my endurance again by starting up the 30DS again and hope to see some similar results. I know I am late on this but I hope I can still help support all you and get some awesome support back! Good luck everyone!
  • Lilith47
    Lilith47 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    hey guys! this group is much needed!
    I'm Michaela, 25, in Vienna , Austria. Student and dancer, new here on MFP.
    I started 30ds a few days ago, but I'm switching it up with pilates and dance , so I'll take more time to finish all three levels... but I love it! It's short and intense and I'm shaking by the end of it! :D
    Anyone doing it like this, switching up with other workouts?
    Oh and feel free to friend me ;)
  • bastokes88
    Options
    Hey guys,

I am on Day 4 of 30DS and it is starting to feel a little bit more doable. I started it once before back in December but stopped for holiday shopping and never did it again. I am pretty much trying to shred every day-- I'll take a day off if I feel my body really needs it, which I'm sure will happen. I am combining shred in the morning with a brisk walk and/or bike ride in the afternoon, to up that cardio.

Let's do it!
  • asalikin
    asalikin Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name's Karelle and I'm from Canada. I'm french so I'm sorry in advance if my english is not perfect. I'm turning 20 soon and I would like to lose around 30lbs by the end of the summer, or maybe lose less and tone-up a bit. I broke my wrist 2 years ago and sometimes it gets really sore, so I don't know if I will be able to do alot of push ups :/ Despite my wrist problem, I am really looking forward to start 30DS. I've never tried a fitness dvd before, I hope I'll like it because I also got 2 other dvd's from Jillian!

Hi Karelle!! I have wrist problems as well, what I've done for push ups is 2 things: 1. until I rebuilt up the strength, I did them elevated say on the back of a couch, with feet stretched out, and you touch your chest to the couch, then push back out to straight arms. Once my wrists were 100% ok with that style, I moved to the floor, but with a set of dumbells that I gripped, so my wrists stayed straight, rather than bent. it helped alot!! I hope those options maybe help you!
  • texasyarngirl
    Options
    Hi, y'all!

I'm Katie from Houston. I've started 30DS several times, done Workout 1 several times - but not every stuck with it. I've really never stuck w/ any work out for very long ... which I'm trying to change. Anyway ...

Last night was my official "restart" with W1D1 - I'm going to do W1 seven times - maybe not in 7 days, but not too spread out - then force myself to move onto W2.

The before/after pix are what motivated me to get her DVD to begin with. I took my "Month 1 - Starting - Before" pix this morning and was HORRIFIED. I'm so disappointed in myself that I've gotten so out of shape and over weight. BUT - here I am, right?

Thanks for letting me join the group! I'll be trolling for inspiration and helping motivate others who need it!

W1D2 for me tonight - and I went over calories yesterday so today I need to squeeze in some additional cardio to burn more calories!
  • texasyarngirl
    Options
    Tell us more about NMTZ - I get BORED with the videos - but love Jillian. How long is NMTZ? How does it compare to 30DS?
  • mrsmariasheehan
    mrsmariasheehan Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Maria....

I'm starting day one tomorrow (fingers crossed)........

I joined MFP in Aug 2010, 9 months after having my daughter. I lost 30lbs and got really fit walking for miles and miles every day. I went onto maintenance and found it harder than actually losing... i gained 10lbs and now I'm battling with those very pounds. I deleted my old account and rejoined a while ago, but I haven't been able to stay committed. I need something to get me motivated again so hopefully Gillian can sort me out! :-)
  • knkmfp
    knkmfp Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Karen. Did day 1 yesterday, and it doesn't hurt as badly as i thought it would. I feel it a bit in my chest/shoulders (that'll be the press-ups), but the rest is fine.

I've been on MFP just over a year now, and have lost 74lbs, I'd like to lose at least another 14. Hoping this will help, or at least get me down another dress size.
  • Daydreams406
    Daydreams406 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hi Karelle!! I have wrist problems as well, what I've done for push ups is 2 things: 1. until I rebuilt up the strength, I did them elevated say on the back of a couch, with feet stretched out, and you touch your chest to the couch, then push back out to straight arms. Once my wrists were 100% ok with that style, I moved to the floor, but with a set of dumbells that I gripped, so my wrists stayed straight, rather than bent. it helped alot!! I hope those options maybe help you!

That is a great suggestion! Thank you! I have issues with the pushups...my arms are not strong enough, and I have small wrists so the weight hurts them. I will be giving that a try! :smile:
  • a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've just joined myfitnesspal!

After following the slimfast diet for 4 months and managing to lose a stone in weight last year, i hit the dreaded plateau and have been unable to lose any more weight since (despite doing 2-3 gym classes per week). Even though my son is now 2 years old the remainder of my baby blubber is still there...i've had enough of it now and i am working to drop at least a dress size and hopefully become more toned and flexible.

My 30 day shred begins on monday!
  • Haley_Diane
    Haley_Diane Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've been on MFP for a while now, and LOVE it! My sisters are almost all on here, and having "The Sistah-hood" keeping each other accountable has been invaluable!!

The Hubs and I have three kiddos, and I am sick to death of having my knees and ankles hurt. I'm tired of trying to find clothes that fit, of being tired all the time, and of having heartburn.

My sister, kgblandin (Love you!!) got me started on the 30 Day Shred. We're doing each day together so we can feel the burn as a team. ;-)

I'm really proud to say that I can do jumping jacks. I'm absolutely in awe that I can do push ups!! Haven't done one in a long time. :-)
  • Fedup85
    Fedup85 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys!!! I am starting the 30 Day shred tomorrow.. I am really excited. Hopefully I will be as excited while I am doing it. I have struggled with my weight for awhile and I am SSOOOOOOOOOOOOO over it. My fitness pal has given me an outlet to find people like myself who are all trying to obtain a goal. I know we all can do this with each others support. I looking forward to our results... I heard that this will kick my *kitten*, But I need my *kitten* kicked.... Good Luck Everyone I know we do great
  • caytee118
    caytee118 Posts: 55
    Options
    Hi :D My name's Caytee! I'm starting the 30 day challenge and am on day 2 of level 1. I really just wanna lose my last 10 pounds I gotta get off of me! I also just joined My Fitness Pal
  • GailEMac
    GailEMac Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hellooo everyone!

I'm Gail from Swindon England. I am mum to 4 and trying to move my baby weight since I gave birth 10 weeks ago! Currently on day 5 of the 30ds and loving it!
  • a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Hi im Dawn, i'm mum of 4, and i joined the site yesterday. I'm just having a nosey about for hints tips and advice in preparation for my 30 DS that begins on Monday!

I've not had much luck with previous home exercise programmes but i'm hoping this one will be different! It looks easy to follow and not too time consuming which is a bonus as time is limited with a very active 2 year old!

feel free to add me as a friend fellow shredders!
  • tlcawthorn
    Options
    Hello, my name is Trista, I'm a single mother from Virignia. I used to be a member of WW, which was a slow success, but it began to be too much money, so I decided to start counting calories, and came across this site. I lost 15lbs, and got back to my pre-pregnancy weight of 137, but within less than a year, I gained all that weight back, and being 5ft 2in, you can see it all. I just want to be a healthy weight for my height, and to get rid of most of my mommy pouch! I am a proud mother, so curves, hips and a little pouch doesn't bother me, but being to the point of embarassment bc I have muffin top, and am just dreading the summer, not cool. I've done the 30 day shred before, along with counting calories, and walking at lunch, and it all seemed to really help, so I'm starting again, and am really excited. I've also started to do my yoga on a daily basis again, just got a new book, which has "cures" for just about anything!!
    :happy: