Challenge Day 1

Options
Goooooood Morning Everyone!

I hope everyone had a great weekend and that you're all as excited and motivated to start this challenge as I am!

As "Challenge Moderator" (what a cool title!) I'll take care of posting a new topic for everyday of this 30-day challenge. Today's topic is 'Challenge Day 1', tomorrow's will be 'Challenge Day 2', the next day will be 'Challenge Day 3', and so on and so on. :happy:

In these topics, we can share how we're feeling, ask each other questions, etc., and of course, share which one of Jillian Michaels' awesome dvds we're doing that day!

So best of luck to us all!

On your marks.....
Get Set.....
GO! :wink:

Replies

• eleslie1989
    eleslie1989 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    hey, your title should be "challenge MOTIVATOR"!

well id started 30 Day Shred and made it 12 days in a row but then i had a long weekend away with the family 2 weeks ago and just havent got back to it. its a shame as in those 12 days days i lost inches. so thank you for posting this challenge! thats me left time for breakfast to settle now off to start 30DS Level 1 RIGHT THIS MINUTE!

Emma x
  • AnnyaSB
    AnnyaSB Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Not sure if I shoudl post in here as I did Day 1 of Level 2 last night.

I feel OK today. It is TOUGH but I was surprised how much I could manage at Natalie's level and how little I ache this morning (although the achy bits are very achy!). My upper body is still definitely much weaker than the bottom, but things are really starting to improve - I even managed the proper straight legged walk out push ups last night (not much push up yet though!). My stamina is improving hugely as well - the cardio is tougher, but at least I don't feel as if I am going to pass out from lack of oxygen any more :frown: I am not even going to mention the abs section at this point in time :sad:

I am away on business overnight but am taking my DVD with me in the hope that I might get the opportunity to fit it in - after all it is only 20 minutes!

C'mon folks - we can do this :happy:
  • micmac327
    micmac327 Posts: 128
    Options
    hey, your title should be "challenge MOTIVATOR"!

well id started 30 Day Shred and made it 12 days in a row but then i had a long weekend away with the family 2 weeks ago and just havent got back to it. its a shame as in those 12 days days i lost inches. so thank you for posting this challenge! thats me left time for breakfast to settle now off to start 30DS Level 1 RIGHT THIS MINUTE!

Emma x

I'm very motivated to hear that in only 2 weeks of doing the Shred you lost inches! Awesome!
  • rds532
    rds532 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi - I started last Monday but still wanted to be part of this challenge. I am on Day 6, Level 1 of 30DS. I do two days of this and one day of Elliptical. I have bad knees so I want to take it easy. Day 6 still kicks my butt. I am sweating buckets as I am typing this. Wasn't sure if I could do this first thing in the morning but I did. What a great way to start my Monday! I really really hope I lose the inches that everyone else has since I am not losing any weight yet. Good luck to all!
  • eleslie1989
    eleslie1989 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i put on 2lbs during my 12 days of 30DS but i lost 1 and half inches from my waist, 1 inch from hips and an inch on my thigh! which i thought was pretty great for 12 days work. i did do 30 mins on my exercise bike every day aswell but im not that active the rest of the day.

oh and just completed day 1 of 30DS and surprised that i handled it so well after not having done it for 2 weeks! it does get boring so i might have to mix it up by doing one of the other 3 JM DVDs i have.
  • cheryl010812
    Options
    Juat about to do Day 1. level 1. If you don't hear from me again. It was nice knowing you all!!! x x
  • stephl21uk
    stephl21uk Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    i started 30DS a while back got to day10 level 2 and had an injury and had to stop and never properly got back in to it, i also bought banish fat, boost metabalism so going to alternate it.....and get motivated again!
  • grainne_eire
    Options
    Thank you for starting this group! I have a busy month of college ahead of me so the 30 day shred will be replacing my hours at the gym ! Still gunna try go there a few times a week for cardio. I've done level one a few times can't wait to try level 2 :) Good luck everyone!!
  • tateslady
    tateslady Posts: 13
    Options
    Ripped in 30 Day 1 as soon as I get the babies' breakfast!
  • nyssa1231
    nyssa1231 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I just finished the "Day 2" workout from "Making the Cut". It was a bit easier than the workout from yesterday, which made me feel nauseated! This workout is ROUGH. However, I felt great afterwards!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I've just done day 1, Ripped in 30 level 3, burned 278 cals....or there abouts, hrm decided to go funny and tell me my hr had gone upto 213 :huh: so I based it on my previous burn!

After 3 weeks of not working out I felt it , but I was using 11lb weights and got a bit shakey towards the end lol!
  • bangersnmash90
    Options
    I'm going to 6 week 6 pack when I get home from work tonight and possibly day 11 - level 2 30DS depending on how dead I am after my first attempt at 6W6P. I'll let you know how it goes.
  • lilpe5512
    lilpe5512 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Good morning eveyone,

How are you guys accounting for the calories burned for this workout? Is anyone using a HRM? Or do you choose a certain exercise type for this like circuit training?
  • KM1970
    KM1970 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Today is cardio day. I am doing banish fat and boost metabolism.
  • Mischelina
    Mischelina Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Glad I found this group! I started doing Jillian vids March 30. 30 DS, Ripped in 30, 6wk Six Pack, and Killer Buns & Thighs. I think my concentration will be 6W6P since my core is the weakest part of my body. But I love doing them all. Good luck, everyone!
  • dsengel01
    dsengel01 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Today I will be doing 30 DS Level 1 and Quick NMTZ. I'm 16 days into this and feeling great!!! Happy Shredding :smile:
  • rds532
    rds532 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Juat about to do Day 1. level 1. If you don't hear from me again. It was nice knowing you all!!! x x

LOL! I actually thought I would die while doing the first 2 days of this. My heart was pounding so fast I actually stopped until I had my doctor appt. She told me I would not have a heart attack! So, it does get better in a few days. My heart still beats wild but I don't feel like I will die.
  • wohwy
    wohwy Posts: 22
    Options
    I finished Level 1 Day 1 of 30DS nearly two hours ago. I was about ready to give up a quarter of the way through as my arm and leg muscles were already screaming. After a moment's rest, I continued with the modified exercises and was able to finish the whole workout. Hurray!

Now I can feel a slight soreness on my arms, thighs and butt... I'm pretty sure the soreness will be more prominent the moment I get out of bed tomorrow. :ohwell: no pain, no gain.
  • Bordelinski
    Options
    Good morning eveyone,

How are you guys accounting for the calories burned for this workout? Is anyone using a HRM? Or do you choose a certain exercise type for this like circuit training?

I wondered the same thing! After a bit of research, i found this link http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/calories_burned.asp?exercise=64
    i hope it helps...
  • RieBerg
    RieBerg Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Did day 1 yesterday. I can only do 10 regular pushups. the rest are the modifed version. I am having trouble doing the side lunges. I am not coordinated enough to move to the side and stick the butt out at the same time. That whole knee forward things she says not to do-thats me. I can do it on one side more than the other. Any advice?