PHASE 2, WORKOUTS 5 & 6 (start 4-16)

rosied915
rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
Thought I'd start a new Phase 2 thread to keep current.

Workout 5 in a few minutes~ heeeere we goooo!!!

Replies

• mrskellyray
    mrskellyray Posts: 114
    yay! good job!

today is my last workout day of week 5 (cardio) I hate workout 5. it stresses me out its so hard on my upper body! :( I have no upper body at all! (this is a lie- i didn't have any until now! 10 real push ups baby! )

I did think that the workouts were a little bit easier the 2nd time around, hopefully even better the 3rd and 4th time! then to a whole nother baseball game! haha
  • rosied915
    GOOD for YOU, Mrs K!!!

Workout 5 completed~ yep, it was harder, but not impossiible and someone mentioned how long it takes to get the cables organized and how you miss half the exercise~ well, I second that one!!

(those freakin' crabs though~ they gotta go~ seriously......)
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    w00t!

I'm starting Phase 2 today, too! Can't wait to see what the "next step" in these workouts will be.... and really interested to see what Cardio 2 is all about...eeek!
  • mrskellyray
    mrskellyray Posts: 114
    GOOD for YOU, Mrs K!!!

Workout 5 completed~ yep, it was harder, but not impossiible and someone mentioned how long it takes to get the cables organized and how you miss half the exercise~ well, I second that one!!

(those freakin' crabs though~ they gotta go~ seriously......)

i read that they don't go away- they just get harder- Jillian adds kicks to it, and then adds WIEGHTS! ohmygoodness..not looking forward to that one!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    I'm on my 2nd week of Phase 2 and I totally agree with you on the crabs! HATE them with a passion!!
  • phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member
    I'm on my 2nd week of Phase 2 and I totally agree with you on the crabs! HATE them with a passion!!

Get used to them folks...you add weights to them in workout 9.

Stay Strong!

phatsoslim.blogspot.ca
  • cookieta76
    cookieta76 Posts: 91 Member
    Yay - starting phase 2 this evening as well! Good luck everyone!
  • I'm here too :) Just started my 2nd week of 5 & 6's.. I LOVE workout 6... 5, not so much- haha.. the crabs are killer, but I can totally tell a difference that I can do them much better now... ooo.. weights... omg.. haha!

Great job everyone! :)
  • Fit2befitZ
    Fit2befitZ Posts: 150 Member
    I start phase 2 today also!! Woohoo!!
  • adamb83

Stay Strong!

phatsoslim.blogspot.ca

What!? I can't even imagine how to add weights to it... aren't your hands and feet supposed to be on the floor?? O.o
  • phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member

Stay Strong!

phatsoslim.blogspot.ca

What!? I can't even imagine how to add weights to it... aren't your hands and feet supposed to be on the floor?? O.o

You put them on your lap.
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member

Stay Strong!

phatsoslim.blogspot.ca

You put them on your lap.

O.M.G. I guess we better get liking those crabs pretty darn quick then!
  • beachdiva2010
    beachdiva2010 Posts: 180 Member
    Getting ready to start w/o 7! OMG! Here we go again...a new kind of happy soreness....:laugh:
  • adamb83
    Just completed Workout 5 for the first time.....

What. The. F@%K!? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

The crabs weren't so bad... but what's with those woodchoppers?! Did anyone else fall over while trying to do those?! I don't think I've got the balance/coordination for that move.
  • cookieta76
    cookieta76 Posts: 91 Member
    Just finished. Oh my word.

You know it's going to be killer when Jillian says, at the BEGINNING, "Wait 'til you see how much THIS one hurts." And she's so excited when she says it!

It makes me love her even more. Ha!

However, I thought I was SUPER good at squats. This is one move I never phoned-in. One-legged squats? So far, I suck. I was better on the right leg over the left - got lots of work to do!

How was everyone else's first time on 5??
  • theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    in workout 9, you do so many pushups and other upper body, that the crabs are actually a relief. you dont work your triceps that much in the workout so its not too bad. its actually one of my favorite moves in workout 9.
  • rosied915
    Just finished. Oh my word.

You know it's going to be killer when Jillian says, at the BEGINNING, "Wait 'til you see how much THIS one hurts." And she's so excited when she says it!

It makes me love her even more. Ha!

However, I thought I was SUPER good at squats. This is one move I never phoned-in. One-legged squats? So far, I suck. I was better on the right leg over the left - got lots of work to do!

How was everyone else's first time on 5??

Couldn't do the one legged squats at all due to balance (from MS), so had to leave one foot touching the ground on the first set, then just did 2 leg squats for the second set. I ffigured as long as I was doing a squat with the arm move, I'm in the ballpark!

@Adam~ I did amazingly well with the Woodchop! Bending up and down that fast is another thing that's challenging for me (balance) but I was able to do them somehow! Start out SLOW with them and don't worry about keeping up with Jillian~ get the hang of the move, then work on speed.
    PS Your weight loss so far is fantastic~ great, great job!!
  • lalfaro01
    lalfaro01 Posts: 60 Member
    I loved it!! I had to rewind it a few times in order to do-over the moves because I wanted to get them right. One legged squats are super hard for me as are the woodchoppers. My balance isn't that advanced, haha! Doing workout 6 today but won't be able to rewind it since I work at my part-time today.
  • rosied915
    Workout 6 completed~ VERY challenging~ but FINALLY busted the 200 calorie-burn mark!!:laugh:

Some of the moves a little complicated but again, I think I was in the ballpark with most of them!
  • roander
    roander Posts: 192 Member
    Look at you all go! Pushing through stuff you couldn't do a few weeks ago!

theredcliche - I agree, I got into crab (almost typed crap, lol) position and I didn't even realize that I was just doing them without thinking. I was so focused on keeping up. The weights didn't make much difference - I used 3 pounders. It was a different story with the crab KICKS though.