Gryffindor Common Room

Options

Replies

• MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    He has never said anything about our trees before, and we thought we were on good terms with him. Guess not.
    People don't know how to bring up things like that, and end up doing dumb things like writing letters. I had some young neighbours who who played loud music, everyone in the street hated it and there was talk about calling the police or getting their landlord to throw them out, and I was shocked to find that nobody had bothered to approach them and ask nicely.

I asked them to turn it down, they were really embarrassed and said they didn't realise it was disturbing people. :smile:

Go see him, smile and tell him he's being silly, and that you consider yourself a friend and that you're sure you can sort something out between you.

Let this escalate, retaliate, or let bad feelings brew and you'll end up with an enemy instead of a neighbour.

(But yeah, that was a crap thing for him to do!)

^^ This is what I meant to say instead of use the cruciatus curse on him. Really I meant to take the high road, I just tripped along the way.
    But you are totally right. My son has a band and they used to practice in my rickety old garage. Someone called the police on them at 4 in the afternoon. No one ever came over and asked them if they could quiet down or stop. Just went straight to the police, who were very good about it, btw. The kids felt truly aweful and have since found a better place to practice.
    When did communication become such a hard thing?
  • deanna_rosenbaum
    Options
    Count me in!!!

I wanna come back to Hogwarts!! (Wish I could go back to the one at Universal!)

Deanna
  • Letty_c
    Letty_c Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!!

Deanna

Me and my hubby are sooooooo going!!!!!!!!! after we've saved enough money
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Hi Gryffs!

Hope everyone's week is starting off well. I am in the final week of c25k. I ran for 35 minutes today, instead of 30. Not on purpose, I just don't check the time until I know I'm near the end because it just makes it harder. Of course, for the last third it was probably only slightly more than a fast walk, lol. Mondays always seem tougher for some reason, then Fridays are the best. Don't know why. Maybe having two days rather than one day between running really makes a difference.

I noticed a lot of people have been checking in on the spreadsheet, last week and this week. But no one's in the Common Room! I'm super busy with last days of classes, then finals. But it'll all be over in about two and a half weeks (whether I survive Admin and Ethics or not) and I hope to be more active in the Common Room then. I'm off the work on my preliminary injunction that's due tomorrow. Have a good week!
  • BrnIdGirl
    BrnIdGirl Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!!

Deanna

Me too we are talking about going later in the year.
  • AlyssaDarby13
    AlyssaDarby13 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Well, I used the "sorting hat" link, because I couldn't decide which house to join, and it said I belonged in Gryffindor. That's nice, because I always dress in Gryff colors when we dress up for movie showings or whatnot. :smile:

So, I thought I should stop in and say hi! Do I add my own name to the spreadsheet, or does the Head of House do that?

I was super excited to find an HP group, and I hope I can fit in here. Right now, I better get to bed so I can make it to the gym in the AM with my sister. Night all!
  • Honeybee511
    Honeybee511 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!!

Deanna

Me too we are talking about going later in the year.

How fun! It looks like it would be soo much fun! Hopefully one day we can get there!
  • Honeybee511
    Options
    good morning well afternoon everyone! hope you are all having a woderful day! havent been on much to encourage you guys thanks to work still being crazy but you have all been in my thoughts! hope everyone is setting goals and reaching them!

just signed up for pottermore!!! so excited!!!

Awesome I'm HeartUnicorn15208 on Pottermore if you want to add me.

i will do just that as soon as i figure out how lol.. i am PURPLEWAVE30401. anyone can add me if wanted!!

Now I'm going to add you both!!! :)
    I'm GhostDraconis28322

I'm adding you guys on Pottermore. FYI! My username is LumosSeeker7248
  • Honeybee511
    Options
    :smile: Just got sorted into Gryffindor on Pottermore! I knew I was where I belonged! :smile:
  • BrnIdGirl
    Options
    :smile: Just got sorted into Gryffindor on Pottermore! I knew I was where I belonged! :smile:

I just accepte your friend request on Pottermore and welcome to the group here we are glad to have you.
  • BrnIdGirl
    Options
    Sooooo my neighbor was outside today and I tried to talk to him and he just turned away and went inside. So much for trying to act like adults.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Sooooo my neighbor was outside today and I tried to talk to him and he just turned away and went inside. So much for trying to act like adults.

How pleasant of him. Blech!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Hi Gryffs!

I have a request of you all. It's really more of a 'please think about this and put a pin in what you come up with' kind of thing.

Slytherin has been having an awful time keeping members. I'm not sure what to do, but if we can't get some more people to participate actively, I'm going to ask if anyone is interested in switching to Slytherin for the sake of making the competition more fair?

I wouldn't force anyone, and I asked Ravenclaw to think about it too, since we're about even on numbers there. I just want to get a feel for who might be willing if it comes to that. The absolute last last resort would be to randomly sort everyone evenly into the houses, because right now the uneven numbers are skewing things in the smaller houses favor by sheer power of math.

If anyone has any other ideas, I'm more than open to hearing them.

Thanks for being truly awesome, my loves.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Well, I used the "sorting hat" link, because I couldn't decide which house to join, and it said I belonged in Gryffindor. That's nice, because I always dress in Gryff colors when we dress up for movie showings or whatnot. :smile:

So, I thought I should stop in and say hi! Do I add my own name to the spreadsheet, or does the Head of House do that?

I was super excited to find an HP group, and I hope I can fit in here. Right now, I better get to bed so I can make it to the gym in the AM with my sister. Night all!

Oh my gosh, I forgot to welcome you! Welcome to our house! I'll add your names and you can add your most current weight in the Week 3 column on the spreadsheet. :)
  • music_bird
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jamie. I'm in Gryffindor on pottermore so I decided to be a Gryffindor here too. My username on pottermore is PotionDragon13409 so please add me if you like.
  • veganbaum
    Options
    Heya Gryffs! Hope everyone's week is going well. Went for a run this morning. Doing RI30 later.
  • veganbaum
    Options
    Hey Bron -

If Slytherin's numbers are really that bad would it be awful to just disband that House and have them join other Houses?
  • BrnIdGirl
    Options
    Good morning LIONS. Having an awful day. The little boy I watch (3months old) won't stop crying. I am ripping my hair out. I have tried everything. Any ideas???
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Hey Bron -

If Slytherin's numbers are really that bad would it be awful to just disband that House and have them join other Houses?

It might come to that, and I've warned them of it. I don't have the time to keep doing all the work for them if they don't want to put in their share and keep the involvement up.

I don't want anyone to switch if they don't want to, but I wanted to know if anyone was willing.
  • BrnIdGirl
    Options
    Hey Bron -

It might come to that, and I've warned them of it. I don't have the time to keep doing all the work for them if they don't want to put in their share and keep the involvement up.

I don't want anyone to switch if they don't want to, but I wanted to know if anyone was willing.

I would but green is soooo not my color so I will have to polietly decline.