Gryffindor Common Room

Replies

• nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    AND not quite as late, but still behind, MARCH WEEK 1 RESULTS for our House!:

We haven't been very good at the losing, but I'm not as concerned with that. I'm much more concerned about keeping the participation up as much as possible so everyone's having fun! When you're having fun, it won't seem so much like work.

I'm still proud of all of you no matter what. Life happens, and I will not judge you on that ever. :)

PREFECTS for Week 1 (remember, these will be based both from the OWLs/NEWTs/SPEWs column from now on):

MindyBlack with 50 and TourThePast with 46! Great job ladies, and to all of our wonderful Gryffindors!

Remember, you're free to wear your badges from the rules blog, here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/bronwenhilary/view/hogwarts-inter-house-challenge-143613
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    A lot of people seem to have dropped off the radar. Maybe an invite post should be made in the forum?
  • nerdyandilikeit
    A lot of people seem to have dropped off the radar. Maybe an invite post should be made in the forum?

That's a good idea. It's always been tough to keep people around in Hufflepuff and especially Slytherin, though. It's a little frustrating for the people still really interested.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    This is the new recipe I tried this week:

http://www.thatssomichelle.com/2011/09/smoked-salmon-pizza.html

It doesn't have a lot of substance, but Emily and I had it with some asparagus and it was very yummy! I cut the cream cheese to about 6 oz with the other 2 oz being Greek yogurt to thin it out. It worked nicely!
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    I don't know if I should count this as a recipe but it is the only new thing I made this week .It is really too simple to call a recipe but hey it's as close as I am getting.
    Broccoli Slaw with Newman's Own Lowfat Sesame Ginger Dressing

I used 1 cup of Kroger broccoli slaw and added 1 tablespoon Newman's Own Lowfat Sesame Ginger Dressing. Let marinate for about an hour in fridge.

43 calories, 8g carbs, 1g fat, 2 protein, 190mg sodium, 3g fiber
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    I have a funny story I have been wanting to share with my fellow Gryffs. Several weeks ago I was trying to extend my walk so I wandered down new streets. Bt this time it was getting pretty dark. I found myself confused and on a dark street that did not look that safe. Finally I found a familiar street sign. Still kind of disoriented I noticed a new section of this street that went through to a main road. It did not used to do this so I was even more disoriented. As I walked under a street lamp the light suddenly went out. My first thought was how creapy I was feeling. My second was, "Bloody hell, Ron, put it back". Now this street has become part of my nightly routine. Frequently the light still goes out and I say the same thing every time.
    Tonight I was in a different area and I noticed a light that was barely flickering. I thought, "Ron, you are just messing with me now". Just then the light came on and I said. "Thanks Ron". My neighbors must think I am nuts!!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    I have a funny story I have been wanting to share with my fellow Gryffs. Several weeks ago I was trying to extend my walk so I wandered down new streets. Bt this time it was getting pretty dark. I found myself confused and on a dark street that did not look that safe. Finally I found a familiar street sign. Still kind of disoriented I noticed a new section of this street that went through to a main road. It did not used to do this so I was even more disoriented. As I walked under a street lamp the light suddenly went out. My first thought was how creapy I was feeling. My second was, "Bloody hell, Ron, put it back". Now this street has become part of my nightly routine. Frequently the light still goes out and I say the same thing every time.
    Tonight I was in a different area and I noticed a light that was barely flickering. I thought, "Ron, you are just messing with me now". Just then the light came on and I said. "Thanks Ron". My neighbors must think I am nuts!!

That is amazing! Hahaha! Oh, I love our geekiness. :)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    I don't know if I should count this as a recipe but it is the only new thing I made this week .It is really too simple to call a recipe but hey it's as close as I am getting.
    Broccoli Slaw with Newman's Own Lowfat Sesame Ginger Dressing

I used 1 cup of Kroger broccoli slaw and added 1 tablespoon Newman's Own Lowfat Sesame Ginger Dressing. Let marinate for about an hour in fridge.

43 calories, 8g carbs, 1g fat, 2 protein, 190mg sodium, 3g fiber

That broccoli slaw is kind of awesome, isn't it? That flavor of sauce sounds really good, too!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Veganbaum is the Quidditch Captain for losing the most weight in the month!
    Awesome, well done Captain Veganbaum! :bigsmile:

I feel so special. Your soup looks really good, especially with the horseradish. I don't think I've ever actually had fresh horseradish, but I used to love horseradish sauce.

I agree, you are special! I also thought Hayley's soup sounded delicious. I'm putting it in my 'recipe box.' :)
  • Honeybee511
    Honeybee511 Posts: 97 Member
    Good morning! Hope everyone had a great week! Still can't lose weight! It's driving me nuts! I hope I can start losing again soon! I am pretty closer to my goal, it is frustrating when I am so close and yet so far!
  • Honeybee511
    Honeybee511 Posts: 97 Member
    I didn't try any recipes last week, but Iam going to try them this week hopefully! Some of them sound pretty good!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Veganbaum, both o those chickpea recipes look divine! They're going in the 'box,' too!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Challenges sound great this week! How did everyone get on with their feb goal?? Im very surprised to say I actually surpassed mine!! Really wasnt expecting to, but im hoping now that I can start to maintain for a bit a work more on toning up :)
    Everyone is kicking *kitten* though, hope you are seeing the results you all deserve!!

:drinker:

I haven't met my goal in a long time, so it's very nice to see others doing so well! Hopefully I can follow your lead and hit this month's goal! GREAT work, Laura!
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Wow, Nekoashi, averaging six and a half hours exercise a day, that's an incredible commitment!

The weight's going to be dropping off you, what are you doing? :)
  • ashhhhole
    ashhhhole Posts: 60 Member
    I would love to join this challenge, but I'm a little confused. Do I have to wait for April to really jump in, or can I add my name to the spreadsheet right now?
  • nerdyandilikeit
    I would love to join this challenge, but I'm a little confused. Do I have to wait for April to really jump in, or can I add my name to the spreadsheet right now?

I'm a little OCD, so I'll add you name, but you can jump in right now! Just post your current weight under the March 12th column and read above for the March Week 3 challenges to get started! If you have any other questions just let me know :)
  • nerdyandilikeit

I'm a little OCD, so I'll add you name, but you can jump in right now! Just post your current weight under the March 12th column and read above for the March Week 3 challenges to get started! If you have any other questions just let me know :)

Also, WELCOME TO GRYFFINDOR! :)
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    can i join?
  • Nekoashi
    Nekoashi Posts: 220 Member
    Wow, Nekoashi, averaging six and a half hours exercise a day, that's an incredible commitment!

The weight's going to be dropping off you, what are you doing? :)

Thanks for thinking I'm so dedicated, I am, but I have been slipping lately :grumble:

Well my huge chunk of hp came from our trip to Disneyland; went for a few days for the One More Disney Day Shenanigans :P we stayed near by but walked back and forth in addition to all of the walking in the park. I broke even on calories and lbs, not too bad in my book LOL :ohwell: I wanted to see a drop... but when I decided to have fried chicken at 1am while we were there I thought I might not be making the greatest decision.... but it was memorable hehe :laugh:
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Veganbaum, both o those chickpea recipes look divine! They're going in the 'box,' too!

You should really try the Hawaiian Chickpea one, it's so delicious and easy that it's probably going to become a staple around here.