10-week challenge

Options

Replies

• manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Yesterday and today was NOT a good day. :sad: Son's bday was Friday. We celebrated yesterday and then today we had a church dinner. In the deep South of Mississippi, the black ladies know how to cook! OH MY WORD! The food was delicious. Every vegetable had a big ol' ham hock in it. :tongue:

Yesterday I lifted so I didn't have to decrease my calories. We had chinese food and not sure if I calculated correctly. Today I think I have stayed in my calorie range. Still have supper to eat.

Monday is a new day ........
  • DarkAngellEyes
    DarkAngellEyes Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I am totally in for this challenge!

My first goal will be to lower my body fat % to 20% (or below?!)... Pretty sure I'm currently hovering somewhere between 22-24%.
    My 2nd goal will be to lose 10 lbs - but since I know I dont always lose very steadily, I will be happy to lose 5.
    My 3rd goal is to really focus on eating "clean". I am going to aim for 100% clean during the week and around 80% on the weekends.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,995 Member
    Options
    Yesteday's lower calorie day went well. I did have a grumbly tummy (very) early this morning, but I think that will simmer down by about day 3 or 5. Today is a heavy lifting day, so I'm going to make sure I get in all my protein, for sure.

So far, so good. Day 1 down, 69 (or so??) more to go!.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I totally want in!!!!

I'm just starting NROLW, week 1 down, 2nd week starting. Hubby is doing it with me (yay for him - he's terrified of the gym!)

My goals:
    1. Lose 10lbs by the end of June
    2. Firm up my baby apron so I can wear a bathing suit on vacation (I leave 7/9/12!)
    3. Eat clean 80% of the time
    4. Comfortably into my size 8 jeans!!!!!!

To do this, I'm going to do at least 30 minutes of cardio on all non-lifting days. On the days where I haven't hit muscle failure the day before, I will do more intense cardio (ie, elliptical). I will eat clean at least 80% of the time (but, sorry, I can't afford all the free range stuff and I love my protein shakes). On non-lifting days, I will stick to 1500 calories, with 150g protein. On lifting days, I will stick to 1700 calories, with 165-175 grams of protein.

WE GOT THIS GIRLS!
  • manic4titans
    Options
    I totally want in!!!!

I'm just starting NROLW, week 1 down, 2nd week starting. Hubby is doing it with me (yay for him - he's terrified of the gym!)

My goals:
    1. Lose 10lbs by the end of June
    2. Firm up my baby apron so I can wear a bathing suit on vacation (I leave 7/9/12!)
    3. Eat clean 80% of the time
    4. Comfortably into my size 8 jeans!!!!!!

To do this, I'm going to do at least 30 minutes of cardio on all non-lifting days. On the days where I haven't hit muscle failure the day before, I will do more intense cardio (ie, elliptical). I will eat clean at least 80% of the time (but, sorry, I can't afford all the free range stuff and I love my protein shakes). On non-lifting days, I will stick to 1500 calories, with 150g protein. On lifting days, I will stick to 1700 calories, with 165-175 grams of protein.

WE GOT THIS GIRLS!

I really like your plan! I may "copy" it. :flowerforyou:
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Not off to a good start. Saturday and Sunday I was starving all day. I didn't eat crappy stuff (except for a few cookies), but just ate a lot. I'm hoping I didn't do too much damage. I was within my cals on Satruday, but I never log Sundays and that's my real rest day, so not sure how it came out. Back on track today and going to be at 1800 the rest of the week.
  • Jessica1274
    Jessica1274 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about what my goals should be, and I think my goal is to just keep doing what I'm doing. I've already made mega changes in the past couple of months. So far they have been working. Sure I'd like it to be a little faster, but hey, progress is progress.

Oh, I do have one goal. That is to eat at least three servings of fruits and/or veg a day. I guess I'm going to have to break down and go to the grocery if I expect to make that goal.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    manic - I think those are achievable goals....good for you!

jen - I'm cool if the "official" start date is today....for whatever reason, Mondays always make for good FRESH START days!

In any event, 10 weeks basically brings us to June 30/July 1st.

So, how is everyone else doing in week one??

(I also joined a "thermometer jeans" challenge....MANY weeks ago - which was only supposed to be 8 weeks to get into smaller jeans. Fail for me. But, I'll add that in here....I'm hoping to be in those smaller jeans in 4 weeks time - 8 weeks TOPS!)
  • jenniet04
    Options
    On a good note, I keep getting comments from co-workers on how it looks like I've been losing weight. I havent' really lost anything since starting new rules 7 weeks ago. Must mean my body is changing, even if I'm not seeing it too much.
  • Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'd like join in. I'm not looking to lose weight,just get stronger.

My goals:

1) Drink more water
    2) Stop nibbling on foods that I shouldn't
    3) Have one cheat meal per week...not the whole weekend!!!

I haven't stepped on the scale,I've been going by how my jeans fit. So far so good! But I need to hold myself accountable,because I know how easy it is for me to lose control on my eating!

Good luck ladies!:flowerforyou:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    jen - the 'saying" my personal trainer gave me, when it comes to beginner lifters, who practice regularly, is this:

- by 4 weeks, the tape measure will be moving (in the right direction);
    - by 8 weeks, you will notice some differences (whether your jeans feel loser or you can buckle your belt loop one hole tighter or whatever); and
    - by 12 weeks, your family and friends will start to comment.

So, you're actually AHEAD of the game....hope you took pictures at the beginning (and throughout) so that you have the PROOF of your efforts!
  • jenniet04
    Options
    Beeps - those are great guidelines - I've never seen that before. I have been taking pictures, except I acctidentally deleted one of the before NROLW pics, but I have another one from a month or two before that. I think I still need to get after pics from Stage 1 though so better do that soon.
  • mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Well, I haven't made any cereal progress (yet), but I am soaking some beans right now! :)
  • jody75
    jody75 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I made a checklist for the challenge. I scheduled what activity to do for each day. I think that is going to help me stay focused on what I've challenged myself to do for the next 10 weeks. I think this 10 week challenge is a good concept. I need to lose over 100 lbs. Its daunting to think in those terms. I think I'll just keep setting new goals every 10 weeks to break it into manageable chunks.
  • jenniet04
    Options
    mstawnya - I agree with Beeps - you look amazing!!!

jody - that sounds like a great plan!

As for me, I think I'm going to have to take a rest from lifting this week :-( I went from Stage 1 directly to Stage 2 because I knew I was going out of town and would be taking a break soon anyway. But yesterday I got my hip adjusted at the chiropractor and it was really sore yesterday and still very sore today. I could barely walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes at 3 mph, I usually walk at least 4 mph for 60 minutes no problem. Think I may need to go back for a massage and another adjustment.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    A break is probably a really good idea, jen....it took me QUITE awhile to get through Stage 1 because I was working on "form" issues throughout....no matter, I'll get there when I get there. It's a journey, not a destination!

This is day 3 of the challenge - and I'm doing very well, so far. No worries. I expect the "hunger" monster to kick-in at some point, but so far, it has been quite manageable and I really am focusing on absolute proper nutrition (geared towards heavy lifting - but on the "fat loss" side, not the "muscle growth" side).
  • jenniet04
    Options
    It's a journey, not a destination!

Beeeps - you are so right about this and I really need to remember this. I'm too quick to get in the mindset of just getting it done
  • lizlee8
    lizlee8 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi guys
    I want in! Pweez! :flowerforyou:
    I'll only be here for 6 weeks and 2 days which will take me up to my wedding day of 8th June
    My goals,
    1. lose 6lbs and/or inches from waist and hips (1-2 would be great)
    2. complete diary EVERY day!
    3. eat good foods by uping protein and veg intake, cut out binging at weekends!
    4. stick to 1700 a day and lifting days up to 1900
    5. complete stage 3 of NRL4W
    And I'll stick to it, being consistant is key for me!
    Good luck girls!
    x
  • manic4titans
    Options
    Today is non lifting so I walked . Yay me! we are having spaghetti for supper and I wanted to eat . LOL
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Welcome, emc - a wedding is a pretty darned good reason to head into this challenge - good for you!

manic - a walk counts!! Good for you!

I don't think I'm going to get my work-out in....so, it means I have to be even MORE controlled with my calories, tonight. I can do it....I'm mentally really strong right now, for some reason (and I'll ride that wave as LONG as I can....)