December 2012 due dates :)

Options
ehg87
ehg87 Posts: 430 Member
We're expecting our third addition December 5th.....not really planned, but obviously not prevented :) Either way we're excited! We've told our close family...I'll be 8 weeks next week and have the ever lovely first OB appt then :) How many more December mommies to be out there?

Replies

• eacatterton
    eacatterton Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I just found out about a week ago that we are expecting our 2nd in December (I am thinking around Dec. 11th). It was also a surprise, but the same, not prevented either. We have not told very many yet as we had a good many complications with my 1st and want to wait a bit before we start spreading the news. I am thinking around Mother's day we can announce it to everyone :)
  • ehg87
    Options
    Oh, Mother's Day is a neat idea! We've told parents and my sister....but we're waiting to tell everyone else until a later undecided date. I think it's going to depend on how early I show...this is my third pregnancy in 4 years....so I don't think it'll take too long :)
  • smte
    smte Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I just found out on Sunday that I am pregnant, due around 12/20. I am 5 wks along! No one knows yet except for husband! This will be our 4th child. We have 3 daughters, ages 8,5&3. We are very excited for our 4th and final baby! Going to tell our daughters in about 2 wks, so they can go to the first appt w/ us. I am having an ultrasound, so I thought the girls would enjoy seeing it. After that, we'll tell our family. Probably wait a little longer to tell everyone else, though
  • ajsdream
    ajsdream Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I am due around December 19th. This is our first (through IVF), and it took us 9 years to get here! We are very excited, even though it's still really early. We've pretty much told everybody, because they all knew we were going through IVF, but we made sure to tell family first.

I'll have my first OB appointment on May 3rd when I'll be 7 weeks. I don't know how patiently I can wait until then!!!

AJ
  • ehg87
    Options
    smte - congrats I bet your girls will spoil this one rotttten :) I can already tell my 3 yr old daughter is going to drive me crazy over the baby; plus she'll be almost 4 when the baby arrives.

aj - congrats!!! so excited for you, especially after such a long wait!!!
  • Murphy15
    Murphy15 Posts: 142
    Options
    This is our first and we're telling our family on Mother's Day too! I'm going to give each of our moms a grandmother card and let them figure it out. :) I'm due Dec. 29.
  • smte
    smte Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    egh7 - thank you! My girls are going to be thrilled. They have a 5 month old cousin and a 2wk old cousin and all they talk about is how they want a baby too! Your 4 yr old is going to be so helpful, I think that will be a fun age to have a new baby around!

murphy15-fun idea to tell the parents on mother's day. My 2nd daughter was due on 12/29/06, we had everyone over for brunch (parents & grandparents) for Mother's Day and gave them christmas invitations. It was alot of fun, plus we got it all on video. A really great & special memory!
  • aya619
    aya619 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm due December 10th with my second! I have a 3yr old son, like others here, it was not planned but not prevented either. Still doesn't feel real. I think I'm more nervous about this one because I already know how much hard work one child is, plus another?! ahh! I had a great first pregnancy--so far thisone, I am emotional and super hungry, and if I don't eat right away I start to get nauseous.
    Yay I'm glad there are other December mommies here on MFP that are interested in keeping healthy,active and fit while pregnant. Any other December mommies,feel free to add me I would love the support/give support.
    Last time I found i was pregnant I was at my heaviest ever, then gavined 40lbs. With the help of MFP and running, I managed to lose close to 70lbs, So I want to keep up healthy lifestyle and to continue running ;)
  • ehg87
    Options
    murphy - super cute idea!

aya - I'm not going to lie; two is an adjustment for sure. You get used to it so quickly though! PLUS lucky you, yours will be well spaced in age. My daughter was 15 months old when her brother was born. AHHHH!! Very overwhelming. Plus I went from working full time, to after my son arrived I stayed at home full time. Your son will be old enough to help out with the baby, which will be huge. But like you I'm going through the nervous factor again this time, cause we're expecting number 3, and I'm like but I only have two hands!!!
    Also I had JUST gotten back down to prepregnancy weight when I found out I was pregnant with the 3rd. So I'm having very mixed emotions on the weight gain. Oh well I'll just have to work hard at it again! :)
  • Murphy15
    Options
    murphy15-fun idea to tell the parents on mother's day. My 2nd daughter was due on 12/29/06, we had everyone over for brunch (parents & grandparents) for Mother's Day and gave them christmas invitations. It was alot of fun, plus we got it all on video. A really great & special memory!

What a great idea!
  • tmartin42
    tmartin42 Posts: 13
    Options
    Wow, look at all these December babies! Ours (our second) is due on 12/04. I'd be excited if I wasn't so $#@!%! nauseous all the time.
  • ehg87
    Options
    tmartin - you're due a day ahead of me :)

Side note; our lil munchkin is due on the hubby's birthday, hehe
  • kikkipoo
    kikkipoo Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I found out a couple weeks ago, and my due date is December 25th. Very excited for my Christmas baby. That would be awesome to have him/her either christmas eve or christmas day. My little blessing!

This will be my 3rd, but my first 2 were from a previous marriage, so my husband and I are excited about sharing this experience together. I'm a little out of practice. I haven't been pregnant for over 6 years.
  • ehg87
    Options
    Kikki - CONGRATS!!! what an exciting due date!!! :)

I'm 8 weeks this week and had my first OB appt today...yuckkkk. Don't get me wrong I know it's necessary, but what an invasive appt!!. Weight, blood pressure, urine sample, family history, breast exam, pap smear, uterus check (I think I dislike those worse than a pap) AND then blood work.....Definately NOT a fun appt. But no bad news either, so YAY! :) Next appt is scheduled for next month and an ultrasound so we'll get to see our lil munchkin then. YAY! :) Hope everyone else is well.

Is anyone else having a really hard time staying on top of their exercise? I know it's a mental thing for me, but I feel like I've given up b/c in my mind I'm like "well I can't see a difference, or lose weight anymore." I need to kick myself in the tush. *sigh*
  • tmartin42
    tmartin42 Posts: 13
    Options

Is anyone else having a really hard time staying on top of their exercise? I know it's a mental thing for me, but I feel like I've given up b/c in my mind I'm like "well I can't see a difference, or lose weight anymore." I need to kick myself in the tush. *sigh*

I was having a hard time, but then I realized exercise REALLY helped with the nausea and that sure motivated me.
  • ehg87
    Options
    Well that is a motivating factor.... except this is my 3rd pregnancy and I'm one of those very few fortunate women who hasn't experienced more than some scent aversions. I'm just in blah mode all the way around... I'm going to have to pep talk myself
  • pcedano
    pcedano Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    So glad I found you guys!!!! I found out on Saturday!! As of today I am 6 weeks 5 days and Due December 13, 2012. This will be my 2nd child, I have a 2 year old daughter who will be turning 3 on December 2nd!!! December has become the most expensive month in the year for me lol. This will be my partners first child, we have been together for a 1yr and 5months. Our parents and siblings now and also 4 of my closest girlfriends. We are planning to let everyone else know when we find out the sex of the baby, that is if my belly isn't that noticeable. :D
  • ehg87
    Options
    CONGRATS pcedano!!!! I feel your pain on December expenses. My bday is the week before Tgiving...my husbands bday is 2 weeks after mine Dec 5th...our third is due on the hubs birthday AND our anniversary is Dec 11th!!! AHHH :)
  • Murphy15
    Options
    December is so busy for you!

I'm pretty much bursting to tell my family, and my first OB appointment will be the day after (May 14). I'm a little apprehensive after hearing your "horror" stories!
  • pcedano
    pcedano Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    ehg87 my anniversary is 11/21!!! Thanks for the well wishes and best of luck for you and your family!!!