Introductions

Options

Replies

• takehomepay
    takehomepay Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I did LoseIt! on my smart phone for a couple of years but MFP has it all over LosIt!. So much better in many ways. I joined .... I think the 6th of this month and am down over 5# already. I've met some great people here already and I'm determined to log in every day. I am doing this for my health. I need to get weight off for the sake of my heart and my knees.
  • DM5086
    DM5086 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello everyone, my name is Dee, going to be 55 soon! Have about 50 lbs to lose. Did weight watchers a couple years ago and lost 30 lbs, then gained it all back. Not sure if this is going to work for me, but I want to give it a try. I hate to exercise and love to eat sweets, so, it is always a challenge. Looking forward to your tips and encouragement!
  • samantha1953
    samantha1953 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Welcome to our recent newcomers.
  • queendebor
    queendebor Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am glad to be back on mfp after a month "hiatus". Migraine and work knocked me off track, but I'm on a week's vacation and hope to get back to it. My son even drove to my house this morning at 7 am to make sure I went to the gym. He is very supportive and that helps immensely. And in the past month, I've only gained one pound, so I'm very excited about that!
  • samantha1953
    Options
    Welcome back!
  • bwatergirl
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is Bonnie.I am 51years old. really enjoy using this website. Since I started about a month ago my goal was to lose about 110lbs. So far I have lost about 15-18. I have had assistance from my Dr. with appetite suppressant, but I would say it has mostly been this website. I never have been a healthy eater. Always justified what I ate. This website has made it possible to really be accountable for what I eat. It makes it easy with the phone app and being able to scan some of the items I eat. I started my husband on it and he lost 7 pounds in about a week. i am now looking for some healthy recipes for meals and tasty snacks, if anyone has any suggestions. thanks
  • samantha1953
    Options
    Welcome. We have a section for recipes both on our group section and in the general messaging area. I am traveling at this time so haven't been checking all the messages regularly.

Regards, Samantha
  • cindysuew
    cindysuew Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. My name is Cindy. 58 years old and on this lifelong journey of losing weight and trying to keep it off. I made Lifetime at Weight Watchers years ago and slowly and steadily gained that weight back. It's not their fault ...... of course it's mine. I know that any time one decides to take charge of their life, it's going to be a struggle. Anyway, it's that way for me. I love to eat and let me tell you, I HATE exercise and everything about it.

So.....my daughter signed up here and invited me to join this site. The funny part is I had already signed up here a few years ago and did lose some weight. I love it as there is also a phone app which makes it pretty easy to succeed. I can cancel my WW membership as this is free! How great is that!!!!

My husband and I retired a little over a year ago and we were able to winter in San Antonio where our daughter lives. We joined a health club with awesome amenities. We went to the aqua fitness class five days a week and really enjoyed that. We have classes here in Iowa at our local wellness center but it's a very small pool and not nearly the workout. WIth that said, I've been working on the elliptical and treadmill to get my workout in. Today it's a sunshiny cool day here so I'm about to go out and tackle mowing our yard. That will give me the exercise I need.

Glad to be a part of this group!!!
  • JuzDuIt
    JuzDuIt Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I am back at it after falling away from MFP over the winter. I am 51 and definitely notice 1) weight is creeping up and 2) it's a bit more difficult to lose! I don't have any illusions about being a size 2, EVER! But a healthy BMI would be nice! I'd be thrilled with 30 pounds.

I am committed to checking in with MFP daily. It sure seems like this thread will be a great source of encouragement!

12465080.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • samantha1953
    Options
    Welcome Cindy and JuzDuit!!! We are a friendly group. Read some intros and gather some friends. We're in this together!
  • MelodyBronson
    MelodyBronson Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm new here...have a long way to go on my weight loss journey...Need friends to help me along the way. I've been blogging to myself....no one to "diet" with at home, so I need some friends to help me! :flowerforyou:

I started this journey back in December and have lost about 25 lbs before I discovered MFP....my weight loss has come to a halt it seems like..but have lost about 1 pound each week since I joined MFP. When I hit forty my weight just exploded and I have been fighting it for 12 years now!
  • debbiecox1970
    Options
    hello
    my name is debbie , i have three grown children . i live in southern oklahoma and i work as a jeweler . i want to be healthy to enjoy my golden years .my interests are classic cars and farm life. just started a gym and have hired a trainer .
  • debbiecox1970
    Options
    hi you can tell that i am new to this , can you tell me where i go to accept you as a friend ? also i thank you for the invite , i am off to the doctor for my yearly checkup to see how healthy i am really am . have a great day.
  • JuzDuIt
    Options
    Welcome and feel free to check in anytime... I am just getting started (again!) myself and I think the opportunity to encourage each other is priceless. Feel free to check in any time!

12465080.png
  • JuzDuIt
    Options
    I've heard that it is a myth that it is harder tolose after 50, but I don't know - seems harder to me! :ohwell:

This site makes it a bit easier!

12465080.png
  • samantha1953
    Options
    There should be a friend request message. Click on it and press accept.
  • debbiecox1970
    Options
    i finally found it , thank you so much. i hope you have had a blessed day .
  • Rileybeagle
    Rileybeagle Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello all 50 and older new friends. I started myfitnesspal after running into a friend at work I hadn't seen for a while. He had just hit his 50th pound lost and looked great. When he revealed MFP as his app, I immediately downloaded it and have been going strong since. I can't run much (sore feet) but have loved walking and do it daily.

I joined this forum (group) to get inspired by others in my age group and to keep working toward my goal. Happy to be here!
  • shunyata13
    shunyata13 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! We all seem to have some sort of physical issues in this group including myself. The good part is that we don't let it slow us down in reaching our goals. May you have much success in acheiving your weight loss goals.
  • betsybruhn
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    My name is Betsy and I turned 50 in Feb of 2012. I started gaining weight when I went back to school 8 years ago and then worked for 2 years. I let my activity level slip during this time and found myself 40 lbs overweight. Once I stopped work I got back into working out with weights, a Nordic trak and walking the dog several miles each day. Two years ago I joined a gym and go 5-7 days a week. I cook almost everything from scratch most of the time out of Cooking Light cookbooks and magazines. Have I lost weight---NO! Very frustrating but for 2013 I am recommitting myself to getting healthy. This has led me to your group who I hope can offer me support and I hope to offer you support as well.
    For Xmas my husband gave me Fitbit (very timidly cos he was worried I would be totally offended by his 'helpful hint') and I am using MFP to record my food intake. I am hoping that MFP and really monitoring the food that I eat will help me. My goal is that by focusing on portion control and watching my wine consumption (1 glass, not 2, and not every night!) then hopefully the weight can come off.
    Our 3 football playing sons are out of the house in college or out on their own so I no longer need to have massive quantities of food in the house and cook gigantic meals. I can focus on me and my husband who has joined my effort (he had 20 lbs to lose at Xmas and is already down 9!). I am hoping to keep a positive attitude and not get crazy over daily weight fluctuations that seem to have no rhyme or reason.
    It took a long time to put on this weight and it may take a long time to drop the weight.

-