10-week challenge

Options

Replies

• Jessica1274
    Jessica1274 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Hi guys
    I want in! Pweez! :flowerforyou:
    I'll only be here for 6 weeks and 2 days which will take me up to my wedding day of 8th June
    My goals,
    1. lose 6lbs and/or inches from waist and hips (1-2 would be great)
    2. complete diary EVERY day!
    3. eat good foods by uping protein and veg intake, cut out binging at weekends!
    4. stick to 1700 a day and lifting days up to 1900
    5. complete stage 3 of NRL4W
    And I'll stick to it, being consistant is key for me!
    Good luck girls!
    x

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    The week is going good so far for me. I've been good with my logging and food measuring but I did eat a couple cookies yesterday that someone brought to work. I was really happy to see I did not gain any weight over the weekend. I was having one of those weekends where I was just sure I would see a higher number on the scale and I didn't.

I also started stage 2 tonight, wowza was that tougher than stage 1! I really think I will see some progress with this stage and I'm feeling really excited about it.

Hope everyone's week keeps going well!
  • mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I ate some beans! And they were good! Still gonna eat a bowl of my nightly cereal though. I need it!
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    How's everyone doing?

My week started off much better than my weekend did. Hopefully I can maintain it over the weekend. They really are my biggest weakness. We are always so busy and I don't ever feel like cooking. Saturday, I have 3 soccer games for my boys, then the church auction all afternoon/evening, then I leave for Atlanta for 5 days on Sunday. They always have the worst foods there. I know everything will be high in sodium, but hopefully I can stick with proteins/veggies/fruits and stay away from the processed carb stuff.
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    My week : not so good. I won't duplicate what you all have already read in other threads.

I will not attempt cardio this week.
  • DarkAngellEyes
    DarkAngellEyes Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    So far so good for me! The most processed thing on my menus lately have been greek yogurt - which im not even really sure is technically considered processed??

Weekends are always the toughest for me too though so I think im going to allow myself ONE cheat meal/snack... and hopefully I'll stick to just the one and not completely blow the whole weekend!
  • jenniet04
    Options
    Mary, sorry you're having a bad week. Maybe you should try upping your calories by 100 or 200. I know in Stage 1 I was constantly starving and I had no energy for cardio at all. It hasn't been as bad in Stage 2, thankfully, so far,but I've done 3 workouts then had to take a break because of my hip.
  • mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to adjust my goals because I just can't give up my cereal. It would be like sending one of my kids away (which I sometimes want to do, but then they suck me back in with their sweetness). I'm going to call it a win though since I was eating 3 cups a day a couple of weeks ago.

My "eat more beans" goal is going pretty good. Ate some on a salad and have been putting them in my afternoon eggs.
    I'm about 50/50 on going to bed at 11 pm. I just relish that alone time at night and have a hard time dragging myself to bed, tired or not. But I'm trying!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,987 Member
    Options
    I've been 100% perfect this week. Stepped on the scale, yesterday (pre-workout) and was down 3 lbs. So, yeah, the water weight came off...now to tackle the REAL weight!

Anyway, it felt good. Really good.
  • duckpond11
    duckpond11 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I would like to stay consistent with my diet and exercise for the next 10 weeks. I assume some weight loss will happen as a result. So I am going to:

1. Log food intake every day.
    2. Keep weekly food intake at or below 10500 (that's 1500 a day X 7)
    3. NROLW at least 2x a week, walk 30 minutes at least 2x a week.

So, my week is almost up - I'll check in tomorrow with weight results. So far I have only logged 6/7 days, and I am guessing that my food intake for the week is a little bit over my goal (that one day I didn't log I went nuts). But my exercise has been 100% on target.
  • kcfaber
    kcfaber Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everyone is doing well! I had a great girls weekend which included the NSV of the friends telling me I needed to get smaller pants followed by actually getting smaller pants in the clothes store. Very exciting. Since I've been back it's been a little less exciting (read stressful). This is week 4 of P90x which is recovery so I did yoga then this one called core synergistics yesterday. wasn't feeling the martial arts love today so ran on treadmill instead and then proceeded to eat everything in sight including a lot of hershey kisses that we have in the house for my daughter's birthday cupcakes for school. note to self never buy the big bag when you need 24. Had really though the scale love would show up during this week off lifting but not yet. still need to drink more water. think next week is TOM so hope food craziness is related to that. anyway, still following along here despite finishing the program so hope that is okay.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I think this zig-zagging thing really has something to it! (Yesterday was a higher-calorie day....)

I won't know, for sure, until I step on the scale on Monday/Tuesday, but I think this is a workable solution for me. I'm happy in week 1 of this challenge!
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Beeps, I started the zig zag of calories yesterday. Someone posted a link and it gave the option. I like it that it is calculated for me. We have a sports banquet next week and I can use my high calorie day for that.

I miss the cardio! Honestly, the only reason I miss it is because I can do it every day. I can't really explain it other than I feel like a bum on my non lifting days. KWIM? I feel like I should be doing something every day to help the weight/fat loss. Hopefully, as my body gets accustomed to the lifting I can add the cardio back. I
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I like exercising every day, too, manic.....and the days when I don't, I really DRAG through the afternoon. It actually isn't that often that I miss a work-out. (Although, looking at my May calendar, I have a LOT of lunch appointments, so I will be missing more lunch work-outs than normal.)

When the weather is nicer, if I miss a lunch work-out, at least I can go for a walk in the evening, or something (if I skip the gym on my drive home). But, today, for example, it is SNOWING. So, um, noooooo, I HAVE to get to the gym at lunch!

Some days I do miss my cardio....
  • duckpond11
    duckpond11 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    gah - I am up 1 pound this week :(. I am really hoping it is just water weight. I think I'll just keep on doing what I'm doing another week and see how it goes. I do feel good about my goal of being consistent, although there is room for improvement.
  • jenniet04
    Options
    @duckpond - nice job on being consistent. It sometimes takes a while for your body to get used to any changes you have made, so definitely give it some time!

Mary (manic) - I sometimes miss cardio as well. It's actually been a good break this week from lifting and getting some cardio in. I didn't have the energy to do any in Stage 1. But, now I'm getting a bit restless and can't wait to get back to lifting. Sucks I have to wait another week since I'll be out of town next week.
  • Jessica1274
    Jessica1274 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I've done pretty well working on my fruits and veggies, until today. I'm out of fresh produce. I'm going to have to break down and go to the store again. Lol!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Week one I will call a pretty good success. I did cave into Late-Night Snacking last night and slept terribly and have a horribly bloated stomach. Lame.

This week I have to take photos/measurements for a separate challenge, so I'm going for the low-calorie days today and tomorrow to give it my best shot.
  • lizlee8
    lizlee8 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Well I made it throught the weekend! Yeah :happy:
    Gotta keep the momentum going, finished workout 2 of stage 3A of NROL4W :)
    Gotta try and lower my carbs and up the protein as am not hitting my goals at the moment.
    Hope everyone is still with it! :bigsmile:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    It's pretty touch-and-go, today. I'm hungry....and, I'm trying to limit my calorie-intake, today.

:sad:

I did get my exercise in....but, I *know* that doesn't matter as much as what I put in my mouth. I'm concentrating, VERY HARD, on the fact I have to measure this week - so every little thing is going to count.

I thought I'd drink more water....I've only managed 9 cups, today - that's just a little over 2 litres!! I'll try and swallow for a total of 3 litres, but the water-works stops at supper-time (so I can get some sleep without tinkling in the middle of the night, tonight....)