Leslie Sansone May 2012 Walk Challenge

Options
princessf1
princessf1 Posts: 495 Member
It's a new month and time for a new miles challenge! Walking with Leslie is a great workout and a challenge is fun and keeps us accountable.

This challenge is open to all no matter how few or how many miles you want to walk in May. Set your goals and start walking! Post your miles here, we'll be here to cheer you on and encourage you when you need it.

WELCOME ALL! :flowerforyou: Walk yourself Strong in May!

My goal for May will be 60 miles.:happy:

What's yours???:huh:

Replies

• 2jayjaysmom
    2jayjaysmom Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Since this is my first time I'll start slow and go for 50 miles for the month of May :flowerforyou:
  • hernandezcr87
    Options
    I walked 5 today with leslie and idvreally like to do five miles a day mon thru fri so my goal will be 75 miles this month
  • princessf1
    Options
    Welcome! Great goals so far!

Today I did 3M Weight Loss Walk with 2lb weights.

GOAL - 60 Miles
    5/1 - 3 Miles down!
    TO GO - 57

Happy Walking!:wink:
  • lmtrevin77
    lmtrevin77 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Since I have finals, I will lower my goal to 50 this month. But I hope I end up doing more! The less pressure on myself the next three weeks, the better. :)
  • Taymay75
    Taymay75 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I'm in again for May! Let's walk our butts off everyone!

Goal: 90 miles

Completed today (5/1) – 4 miles (Leslie Sansone Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan)

Total completed – 4 miles

Left to complete – 86 miles
  • 2jayjaysmom
    2jayjaysmom Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Goal: 50 miles
    5/1/12: 2 miles

miles left: 48

Leslie : walk it off & tone it up

tried to do the 3 miles on this one, realized I will have to work up to that....these resistance bands are no joke got a full body work out.
  • shay0119
    shay0119 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Okay, since this is my first time doing this I'm going to start out with 50 Miles this month....GO ME!!!!:smile:
  • princessf1
    Options
    Since I have finals, I will lower my goal to 50 this month. But I hope I end up doing more! The less pressure on myself the next three weeks, the better. :)

There you go! That's what I did too but hoping for more! I don't know if I will catch Tidy though!
  • princessf1
    Options
    I'm in again for May! Let's walk our butts off everyone!

Completed today (5/1) – 4 miles (Leslie Sansone Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan)

Total completed – 4 miles

Left to complete – 86 miles

YAY! Go TIdy!!
  • princessf1
    Options
    Goal: 50 miles
    5/1/12: 2 miles

miles left: 48

Leslie : walk it off & tone it up

tried to do the 3 miles on this one, realized I will have to work up to that....these resistance bands are no joke got a full body work out.

This is a killer workout! Doing all 5 miles just about kills me - LOL You are soooo right - those bands are no joke.
  • princessf1
    Options
    Okay, since this is my first time doing this I'm going to start out with 50 Miles this month....GO ME!!!!:smile:

HI - Welcome!

Great goal - you can do it!
  • HealthyFitNTrim
    HealthyFitNTrim Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I am new to the group my name is Michelle, I have a question this DVD set this is done at home right. So you are doing the walking in place etc all at home for 5, 10 miles each day. Is that right, I am very interested in walking daily I am slipped bad, so I am up for the challenge.

One more question are you using a pedimeter to keep track of the miles walked and what is fitbit. One last question which are the best sneakers to wear for this any suggestions I am looking at getting either nike or reebok flex type sneakers. thank you

Michelle:smile:
  • Taymay75
    Options

Completed today (5/2) – 4 miles (Leslie Sansone 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk)

Total completed – 8 miles

Left to complete – 82 miles
  • Taymay75
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I am new to the group my name is Michelle, I have a question this DVD set this is done at home right. So you are doing the walking in place etc all at home for 5, 10 miles each day. Is that right, I am very interested in walking daily I am slipped bad, so I am up for the challenge.

One more question are you using a pedimeter to keep track of the miles walked and what is fitbit. One last question which are the best sneakers to wear for this any suggestions I am looking at getting either nike or reebok flex type sneakers. thank you

Hi Michelle...I can only answer two of your questions. These are Leslie Sansone DVDs that we use inside the home. The DVDs will track the mileage so you'll know how far you've walked. You can go to YouTube and preview some of her DVDs. I hope this helps a little.:smile:
  • Taymay75
    Options

If you start feeling stress, take a one mile Leslie walk. :smile:
  • CnocNaCu
    CnocNaCu Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Good morning, ladies. Here we walk again:flowerforyou:
    @Tidy : congratulations, you reach your goal in the April challenge. What a walker you are :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    @princess: I hope you've recovered from the green miles ? :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I really did them yesterday. Hate the grapevines LOL
    Ok, here's my goal for May. I try 80 miles again. Hope to get them in this time.
    Yesterday I did 2 yucky green miles AND the 5 mile FB walk. So 73 to go.

Good luck and happy walking to all of you :drinker:
  • GMBrad
    GMBrad Posts: 7
    Options
    Hello Everyone!!

I'm new to the group and this is my first time joining in on the monthly challenge. I started on MFP two months ago and have had a slow start, so I'm hoping this will help get me going!! I will set my goal for 50 miles in May. Happy Walking!
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a challenge I definitely need to get my mojo back!!! Think I will set my goal for 50 miles.....:smile:
  • CnocNaCu
    CnocNaCu Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!!

I'm new to the group and this is my first time joining in on the monthly challenge. I started on MFP two months ago and have had a slow start, so I'm hoping this will help get me going!! I will set my goal for 50 miles in May. Happy Walking!
    welcome, great you join us. 4 months ago I didn't even know about Leslie S. and now I'm hooked:tongue:
    I bet you will enjoy walking. Have fun :flowerforyou:
  • princessf1
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Hi Michelle,

Welcome!:flowerforyou: I am not sure what fitbit is myself. The Leslie Sansone DVD's are mile specific, so I don't use a pedometer but I do use a Heart Rate Monitor. I have the Reebok Realflex shoes - LOVE THEM!

Good luck - checkout the Youtube for Leslie!