Gryffindor Common Room

Options

Replies

• nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Ok, I entered my totals for last week in the spreadsheet. I always freak out that I'm going to mess stuff like that up, but I work with spreadsheets (as does hubby) a lot, so I'm pretty confident I didn't screw it up. lol

I've got some school to accomplish, and then I'll (hopefully) be heading for the gym.

How many brave souls are going to post their measurements? I took mine this morning, and posted them on my Biggest Loser group, but I don't want to be the only one posting them here. :embarassed:

I'll be posting mine tonight! Don't be scared, no one will judge you :)
  • music_bird
    music_bird Posts: 10
    Options
    Hey Bron -

If Slytherin's numbers are really that bad would it be awful to just disband that House and have them join other Houses?

It might come to that, and I've warned them of it. I don't have the time to keep doing all the work for them if they don't want to put in their share and keep the involvement up.

I don't want anyone to switch if they don't want to, but I wanted to know if anyone was willing.

I'll switch
  • BrnIdGirl
    BrnIdGirl Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Ok, I entered my totals for last week in the spreadsheet. I always freak out that I'm going to mess stuff like that up, but I work with spreadsheets (as does hubby) a lot, so I'm pretty confident I didn't screw it up. lol

I've got some school to accomplish, and then I'll (hopefully) be heading for the gym.

How many brave souls are going to post their measurements? I took mine this morning, and posted them on my Biggest Loser group, but I don't want to be the only one posting them here. :embarassed:

I'll be posting mine tonight! Don't be scared, no one will judge you :)

take mine on friday and will post them then.
  • BrnIdGirl
    BrnIdGirl Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Also, I need more NEWT ideas! I'm at a loss, so we just keep rotating the same 15 ones.

I don't know all the ones you have already but here are some (it's okay if you think they are dumb just seeing what ideas I can come up with) I'll let you figure out the points

1) Pick a food (say carrots) and see how many different ways people can prepare it that week.

2) everyone has to pick a food they have never tried once a day

3) Post a favorite recepie - you pick a food (to be easy let's say carrots again) and we all need to post a favorite recipe using it.

4) create a healthy choice - you post a common comfort food (say mac & Cheese) and we need to post a healthyier version of it.

5) What am I making - you post the ingredients to a recipe (Like say chicken, broccoli, noodles, butter, flour, etc.) and we have to guess what you are making - Chicken broccoli alfrado. You could award points for who guesses correctly, who is is most creative, who makes the dish, Etc.

That's all I got for now.

edited to correct some mistakes
  • mgaver
    mgaver Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm new to this chat room and My FitnessPal in general, but can't wait to get involved.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Also, I need more NEWT ideas! I'm at a loss, so we just keep rotating the same 15 ones.

I don't know all the ones you have already but here are some (it's okay if you think they are dumb just seeing what ideas I can come up with) I'll let you figure out the points

1) Pick a food (say carrots) and see how many different ways people can prepare it that week.

2) everyone has to pick a food they have never tried once a day

3) Post a favorite recepie - you pick a food (to be easy let's say carrots again) and we all need to post a favorite recipe using it.

4) create a healthy choice - you post a common comfort food (say mac & Cheese) and we need to post a healthyier version of it.

5) What am I making - you post the ingredients to a recipe (Like say chicken, broccoli, noodles, butter, flour, etc.) and we have to guess what you are making - Chicken broccoli alfrado. You could award points for who guesses correctly, who is is most creative, who makes the dish, Etc.

That's all I got for now.

edited to correct some mistakes

These are REALLY good! I'm definitely going to adapt some of these. Thanks!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    I'll switch

Ok, then! Good luck! :)
  • AlyssaDarby13
    AlyssaDarby13 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Here are my measurements. *shaking in my boots*

Neck - 15.125
    Left Bicep - 12.25
    Right Bicep - 12.375
    Left Forearm - 10.4375
    Right Forearm - 10.25
    Bust - 43.125
    Chest - 36.125
    Waist - 36
    Stomach - 43.75
    Hips - 46.875
    Left Thigh - 29.1875
    Right Thigh - 29.375
    Left Calf - 15.75
    Right Calf - 16

I think it's so weird that left/right measurements are not the same, lol.
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Last week really sucked! my daughter fell off a stool and hurt her wrist, had to wear a splint all week because shes to lil to tell if she fractured it, but after the week was up she doesnt have to wear it now. thank goodness. didnt get anything logged due to being busy or exhausted so going to have to start logging the entire week like i did 2 weeks ago and change anything if needed.

hope you all had a great day today and a wonderful night tonight, see you all tomorrow!!!
  • kelsue35
    Options
    heres the measurements for the start of this month. still not that pretty but it is what it is

waist: 30
    hips: 34
    butt: 35
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options

I was thinking of a really good one the other day but I couldn't get to my computer. Wish I had written it down. I know that's not helpful at all.
  • veganbaum
    Options
    Morning fellow Gryffindors! Had a great week junk food and exercise wise, but still put weight on.

This may be something to do with excitement at getting my new ice cream maker... But after doing (and eating too much of) a few batches of "real" ice cream, I've progressed to making sorbets from just fruit juice and nothing else. Delicious and very healthy. :smile:

Sounds like fun!
  • veganbaum
    Options
    I'm new to this chat room and My FitnessPal in general, but can't wait to get involved.

Welcome to Gryffindor!
  • veganbaum
    Options
    Good morning my fellow Gryffindors!!!!!

Can I say I'm loving life right now why cause I'm on a roll the last four weeks is the best I've done with exercising and eating the right foods and it's awesome and i'm starting to think I can do this I can really do it and I'm going to look freaking awesome when I'm done!!!!

Of course you can do it. Keep it up - the longer stretch you have the more likely it will become a habit.
  • veganbaum
    Options
    Hey Gryffs! Just checking in. Finished c25k yesterday, yeah! Hope everyone has a good weekend.
    Congratulations on finishing C25K, that's awesome. :)

Thanks! I feel quite good about it.
  • veganbaum
    Options

I was thinking of a really good one the other day but I couldn't get to my computer. Wish I had written it down. I know that's not helpful at all.

I have a real challenge for you: how many meatless meals can you create in a week?
  • AlyssaDarby13
    AlyssaDarby13 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Last week really sucked! my daughter fell off a stool and hurt her wrist, had to wear a splint all week because shes to lil to tell if she fractured it, but after the week was up she doesnt have to wear it now. thank goodness. didnt get anything logged due to being busy or exhausted so going to have to start logging the entire week like i did 2 weeks ago and change anything if needed.

hope you all had a great day today and a wonderful night tonight, see you all tomorrow!!!

Aww, how little is she? I hope she's ok now!

Do you have a smartphone? I have the MFP app and it really helps in being able to log everything.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Happy Anniversary of the Day Voldemort Kicked the Bucket! Also, RIP half the Wizarding World. Let's have a moment of Wrock for them all: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg1JfwCpjVw
  • kelsue35
    Options

Aww, how little is she? I hope she's ok now!

Do you have a smartphone? I have the MFP app and it really helps in being able to log everything.

she is less than a month from 8 yrs old but she is very petite

i have the app too but half the time it doesnt work for some reason
  • kelsue35
    Options
    happy wednesday! hope everyone is doing well today! i am off to grocery shop (dreading it, hate having to do it but if i dont no one will) have a great day and i will be back to check in on everyones day later!!