Day 1!

Options
2»

Replies

• ovenboy
    ovenboy Posts: 10
    Options
    oof! good stuff, got interrupted halfway through so im going to start day 1 again today...
  • emalbright
    emalbright Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I did my day 1 last night and I feel great this morning! I hate pushups with a passion so I modified. Other than that, everything else was great! I only have 5lb weights and the side lunges/lateral raise was TOUGH! I only stopped for a few seconds so I am happy with that! Here's to day 2 tonight!!
  • Keisha2BFitAgain
    Keisha2BFitAgain Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Day 1 was great; I am pumped to do 30 days nonstop. I currently do zumba as well as brisk walking and jogging. Looking forward to results on May 31. :flowerforyou:
  • tbellamy1
    tbellamy1 Posts: 353
    Options
    DAY 1!!!! I liked it. I actually underestimated 30DS. I just finished Insanity and thought 30DS would be easy peasy........UM No!!! Im using 5 lbs and my arms were on fire. Ill be doing 10 days of each level along with some extra workouts like jogging and a circuit boot camp class. Im not used to the low calorie burns but its still a heck of a workout.
  • dianer75935
    dianer75935 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    my legs are shaky and so are my arms. but ready for day 2 tonight
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I did my day one last night. It felt great! I am ok with the push ups, but those DAMN jump rope things. They kill my shins. :grumble: I might modify them a bit today (I don't think that this is the kind of pain I am suppose to have). Any suggestions? Maybe I will just do jumping jacks instead...

Can't wait for day 2 tonight!
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I was previously doing level 1 Ripped in 30 and thought this was very similar, so it was nice. I think it might be just be a little (dare I say) easier! So I'll do this 30 day program and then go back to RI30 (I struggled with week 2). Love this so far!!!
  • MMAQueen
    MMAQueen Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I did my day one last night. It felt great! I am ok with the push ups, but those DAMN jump rope things. They kill my shins. :grumble: I might modify them a bit today (I don't think that this is the kind of pain I am suppose to have). Any suggestions? Maybe I will just do jumping jacks instead...

that's interesting that jump rope hurts your shins, but jumping jacks don't. try to keep the impact on the balls of your feet (not your heals) and use your whole leg to absorb the impact (what i mean by this is bend your knees a bit with each landing). If that doesn't help. i don't see anything wrong with doing jumping jacks instead.
  • marylynn04
    marylynn04 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Completed day 1 last night! Had a crazy busy day, but I'm proud of myself for getting it done, when all I wanted to do was plop down in front of the tv. :ohwell: I hate the side lunge/arm lifts too - I think I'll have some 3# weights to switch to for those until they get a little easier...

A little sore today, but will get Day 2 done later tonight!
  • netsirk12
    netsirk12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    DAY 1!!!! I liked it. I actually underestimated 30DS. I just finished Insanity and thought 30DS would be easy peasy........UM No!!! Im using 5 lbs and my arms were on fire. Ill be doing 10 days of each level along with some extra workouts like jogging and a circuit boot camp class. Im not used to the low calorie burns but its still a heck of a workout.

i went with 30ds because i didnt think i would be able to do insanity.... so its just as intense??
  • tbellamy1
    tbellamy1 Posts: 353
    Options

i went with 30ds because i didnt think i would be able to do insanity.... so its just as intense??
    Insanity is 10x more intense and the workouts are longer, In the first month of insanity my burns were around 4-500 month 2 they were 5-600. Lots of jumping and crazy moves. I love it cant wait to start back again.
  • EchoOfYourPast
    EchoOfYourPast Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Was able to get a 5 mile walk in as well as the 30DS both yesterday and today....hoping to keep it up, i am loving it! Not so fond of the jump ropes though :)
    San :)
  • EchoOfYourPast
    EchoOfYourPast Posts: 459 Member
    Options

I just don't like the jump rope!! I would modify them to start with ...maybe in a couple weeks you can try the full jump!
    San :)
  • Gladiolus
    Gladiolus Posts: 20
    Options
    I woke up hungover today so I didn't do it in the morning.

Then I came home from work and had ice cream for dinner.

But finally, around 7 p.m., I did the work out.
  • jordgirl
    jordgirl Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, I definitely should have stretched more afterwards. (I did day one on the 30th and found this group afterwards!) The only dumbbells I have are 10 lbs, so I was WAY sore afterwards! Like, can't breathe too deeply sore cause all the muscles in my upper body were aching. Haha, but now it's on to day 2!
  • netsirk12
    netsirk12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, I definitely should have stretched more afterwards. (I did day one on the 30th and found this group afterwards!) The only dumbbells I have are 10 lbs, so I was WAY sore afterwards! Like, can't breathe too deeply sore cause all the muscles in my upper body were aching. Haha, but now it's on to day 2!

my 1st time and this time i am using 5 lb weight but now that ive done it once i want to move up to 10lb weights.
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I just did day 1 last ngiht. I was a little behind everyone else and then I got sick too.

Well, I was tired after the warm up, that should give you some hints about my fitness level. I did finish the whole level 1 workout, which surprised me. Jillian is very motivational... I needed that :)

I really felt like I was going to throw up after I was done. OMG I haven't worked out that hard in at least 10 years!

I'm sore and tired today... I know today's workout will be harder, but I'm determined to stick with it!
  • MMAQueen
    MMAQueen Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    good work finishing the whole thing! today will be harder, but the next day should ease up! you can do it!