Oat bran ?

Juliette320
Juliette320 Posts: 144 Member
where can I find it? I want to start the Dukan diet but I'm having a hard time finding the oat bran. Where did y'all find it?

Replies

• mamaro76
    mamaro76 Posts: 10
    I saw it at walmart in the cereal section near the gluten free stuff but I got mine at our local grocery in the organic section. Bob's Red Mill is the stuff I use. You can also find it on Amazon pretty cheap.
  • neekosmith
    neekosmith Posts: 47 Member
    I ordered mine on amazon.com really cheap! I got the Bob Mills brand. A case (6 bags) was like $10 shipped. I have barely put a dent in the first bag after a month.
  • krenwren
    krenwren Posts: 136 Member
    Got mine on amazon too. I found Hodgen's mill brand at my local stop and shop. amazon was cheaper--Bob's Red Mill.
  • Juliette320
    See I saw "cracklin' oat bran" by kellogs in walmart but nothing else guess imma have to look by the gluten free stuff. Thanks though.
  • Anniepoo04
    Anniepoo04 Posts: 16 Member
    Got mine at Whole Foods.
  • Juliette320
    Idk if there is a whole foods around here.
  • Juliette320
    I seen a oat bran hot cereal? Is that what it would be called it was by red mill I believe.
  • krenwren
    krenwren Posts: 136 Member
    Yes, hot oat bran cereal is what you want, check the ingredients. You can cook it just like oatmeal or mix it into yogurt or whatever. Not bad!
  • Juliette320
    Thank you (:
  • wkmadden
    wkmadden Posts: 74 Member
    Oat bran is usually with other cereals, I found it with other brans (wheat, oat, rice etc) next to normal oats and porridges. I use Lowan Oat Bran, but there are many varieties, even 'no name' types. I just mix my 2 tablespoons in a bowl with about 1/2 cup lite milk (quite liquid), then microwave for 1 minute, stir, microwave for up to another 1 minute, stir again, you may need to add a bit more milk. Sprinkle with cinnamon and a little sugar substitute: yum!