Wonder products!

Options

Replies

• dis5150
    dis5150 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    EZ-Sweetz! Liquid Splenda. I just got my order last Friday and I am loving it! It has 0 carbs. I drink lots of hot and iced tea and was hating having to add in all the carbs for the Splenda packets or granular so this stuff is great! Also use it in my MIM! I got a free sample from here http://www.ez-sweetzstore.com/servlet/Categories?category=Request+a+FREE+Sample (just had to pay shipping so my total was $2.98). They sell this on Amazon.com but the shipping is much higher here. On every other order from EZ Sweetz the shipping is just .99 on all US purchases.

Stubbs BBQ sauce. Not necessarily super low carb, but at 6 carbs per 2 TBSP I think it's great if you love your BBQ like I do. Compared to something like Kraft BBQ sauce (15 carbs per 2 TBSP) or Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce (17 carbs per 2 TBSP) it's a great option for grilling! I know you can get low carb specialy BBQ sauce online, but I can get Stubbs at Walmart or Safeway without having to order it (and wait for it, lol!).
  • hesgro2
    hesgro2 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I think for nutrition Almond milk is amazing, but i just bought some to try the other day and I spat it out. UGH. If I can find some yummy coffee drink to make with it, MAYBE I will give it a shot... Someone give me some non-gross uses?

I know many people who use Almond Milk for making sugar-free puddings, use it for making their protein-breakfast smoothies... Im not a fan of the Almond milk, but LOVE LOVE LOVE - the Silk Light Vanilla Soy Milk.. DAMNIT that tastes like candy to me! Makes a GREAT smoothie with frozen strawberries and French Vanilla Designer Whey protein powder!

I also LOVE the Light Vanilla Soy Milk, either by Silk or by 8th Continent. 8th Continent also has a Light Chocolate which is wonderful! I love to use them with flavored protein powder (my brother-in-law makes it in flavors like Marble Cake and Cotton Candy) or for smoothies.
  • cfrollins
    cfrollins Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've recently discovered Atkins Carb control bars....They really help me in between meals or as a snack at night. Some are like a Granola bar others are more like a candy bar. Loaded with protein and fiber!

me too. so good. I love the endulge ones.
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    UK Peeps take heed!!

Tesco has started selling Alpro almond milk & Alpro Hazelnut milk :o)
  • Daisykyo
    Daisykyo Posts: 15
    Options
    The syrups are amazing. I love the caramel.
  • frixtine
    frixtine Posts: 965 Member
    Options

Trader Joe's Avocado's Number Gucamole (2 carbs, 2 fiber per serving and it's DELICIOUS)

Any other nerds like me laughing at that name? ;)

I didn't catch it till u pointed it out! Pol!
  • hummingbirdxss
    hummingbirdxss Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I found these today and it was wonderful !!!

LaTortilla Factory Smart and Delicious Tortillas

1 has 10 carbs but 7 Fiber giving it a net of only 3 !! Very tasty, soft and a great taste !!
  • squigley50
    Options
    Love Atkins shakes and protein bars. Low in sugar/carbs & high in protien.
    Great Chocolate taste - doesn't taste chalky. Walmart has the best prices !!
  • smsinger75
    smsinger75 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    i love the Atkins shakes and bars. My favorite new shake mix is the CarbThin ZeroCarb Chocolate flavor. Awesome taste! I also use ZSweet as a sweetener. Carbquik is great for making muffins, pancakes and even used it to make dumplings (for chicken and dumplings) last night. No one knew the difference. I also love PB2. Great stuff!
    I order most of my low-carb stuff from Netrition.com They have a flat shipping rate, fast service and great prices.
  • chasingbabes
    Options
    I don't know if this link has ever been posted before, but I tried it last night and it was DELICIOUS.

Zero Net Carb Flax Meal Pizza Crust
    http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2012/01/zero-carb-flax-meal-pizza-crust.html

Ingredients:
    1 cup flax meal (ground flax seeds)
    1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
    2 eggs

I made a yummy pepperoni pizza... seriously, try it. :) It got nice and crisp and had that good "nutty" flavor.

Ooh cant wait to try this!!

Yummy, me too!!

me, three!
  • sharonwitten
    Options
    Cream cheese! You can make bread, pancakes, cover MiMs, dip celery. OMG cream cheese is wonderful!
  • sharonwitten
    Options
    Got to have my cream cheese too!
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke! Can't live without a fix about 2-3 times a week. It's like my sweet treat every couple of days for being "good"! I know the theory that it's not that good for your insulin levels etc, but come on, a girl's gotta live!

At the risk of stirring up a wasp nest ... I think insulin is the least of the concerns.

I think Diet Coke is a wonder product ... I wonder how it is legal to sell it.

Will be interesting to see how the latest investigation into Aspartame goes (in Europe).

I used to love Coke Zero and especially Vanilla Coke Zero but I just had to give it away, each to their own though :)
  • lisa2826
    lisa2826 Posts: 16
    Options
    Walden Farms... Salad dressings, marinades, syrups, dips... all NO calorie, NO carb, and NO fat!

*Not everything tastes that great*

You need to be careful. My daughter has a deadly allergy to coconut anything and some walden farms products have coconut oil in it.
  • chelll224
    chelll224 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I love Premier Nutrition Protein shakes for breakfast. They have 30g of protein so they keep me feeling full all morning, and only 5g carbs, and 3g fiber. Not bad for 160 calories. They can be hard to find though, so when I see them I stock up.
  • schureman
    schureman Posts: 1
    Options
    I love blue diamond Almond Breeze half coconut half almond it unsweetened it very good and I don't like almond milk
  • TheMiddlePath
    TheMiddlePath Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this link has ever been posted before, but I tried it last night and it was DELICIOUS.

Zero Net Carb Flax Meal Pizza Crust
    http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2012/01/zero-carb-flax-meal-pizza-crust.html

Ingredients:
    1 cup flax meal (ground flax seeds)
    1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
    2 eggs

I made a yummy pepperoni pizza... seriously, try it. :) It got nice and crisp and had that good "nutty" flavor.

BUMP For this and other tips!

Anyone else heard about the microwave pork rinds from J&J?
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    i'm sooooo surprised i haven't seen anyone (especially the paleo crowd) say anything about coconut flour!! the best thing i love to make is old fashioned bisquets and really good tortillas> Great cook book for those of you who love to cook and keep it low carb.. The Paleo Comfort Food Cook Book! amazing recipes!
    Quinois muffins are awesome too.. in moderation of course!..
    fried chicken anyone?? chicken breast or thigh dipped in egg whites and dipped in almond four with spices.. quick fry edges in coconut oil then put them in the oven till done..
    SOOOOOO GOOD!!!
    enjoy!~

I need to look into this, I have some raw coconut flour and can't remember what I bought it for lol!

ETA: I've had some microwave pork rinds, not sure if it's the same brand you mentioned but they were awesome!
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I love using Almond Meal (Ground almonds) for baking! I love cheesecakes and experimented with making the crust by mixing 1/2 cup Almond meal, 1/2 cup dessicated Coconut, one egg white and a bit of substitute sugar (I use canderel). It works for me! My cheesecakes is usually 3g carbs in total which is awesome. I know you can use the flax seed and almond meal for crust but I don't like it too much. I have a slight obsession with coconut related food lately too lol. I like to be prepared for moments of sweet cravings when my tom hits me >_<

Thank you for sharing this, I bought a bag of Almond Meal at Trader Joe's tonight with the vague idea of using them for a cheesecake crust! Can you tell me what size pan this measurement fit and how you long you cooked it?
  • Elmorlan
    Elmorlan Posts: 37
    Options
    Fried chicken with almond flour and flax meal pizza crust! :noway: I am so excited about this thread. I can't wait to reread it over and over! HA!!

You are all amazing!