Options

Replies

• jeenim
    jeenim Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hello

I am new to this group so greetings...!
    I have these

- smoothie - soy milk, protein powder, berries (easy)
    -omelette - 2 eggs, baby spinach, sprinkle of parmesan
    - as someone else said, vanilla bean sugar free greek yoghurt and berries

These are all really easy and by keeping it simple I'm less likely to stray.

Love reading all the other ideas too.

Jeeni
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    My husband made me a simple breakfast with leftover rice. Rice pudding, add milk and raisons, cinamon to re-heated rice. I started of eating it just because I love him but turns out it is yummy and satisfying.
  • TaraDawn85
    TaraDawn85 Posts: 12
    Options
    I typically do a green smoothie, the fruit varies, but I always include protein power, a little organic milk, and both spinach and kale. Or I will do a scrambled egg + egg white and 3 frozen turkey sausage links, and its not uncommon for me to chop up some spinach and add it to my egg. My college years taught me how to cook full meals in my trusty microwave, so the egg is in fact cooked in the microwave in my office break room.
  • ajhr
    ajhr Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Take one apple (I prefer green) and cut it into small chunks. Microwave it for about a minute.
    Add half a cup of frozen berries (I usually use blueberries) and add to the bowl of apple. Mix it a little and microwave it for another minute or a little more if it's cold in spots.
    Top with a little cream or yogurt and some chopped nuts and maybe a little cinnamon.

A hot and decadent-tasting breakfast for under 250 calories.
  • ajhr
    ajhr Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I made a batch of mini ham and cheese quinoa cups and eat those for breakfast in the mornings. I just prepared 3/4 cups of dry quinoa following the directions on the box, then mixed it with 4 extra large eggs, 8 ounces of cubed ham, and 1.5 cups of shredded cheese. Then I placed the mixture in a mini muffin pan, and baked until golden brown along the edges. Let cool for 5 minutes, then remove from the pan. My batch made 36 mini cups, and I froze them 3 to a ziplock. Each cup is only 45 calories, and I just take a ziplock out every morning, nuke for about 30 seconds, and then I have a hot breakfast every morning! :)

Excellent! I must try these.
  • leanby2013
    leanby2013 Posts: 137
    Options
    Banana and apple chopped up, then mix some greek yogurt with almond butter, pour over the fruit and sprinkle with cinnamon :)
  • rswood62
    rswood62 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    bump
  • vabrewer33
    vabrewer33 Posts: 185
    Options
    I mash up some black beans, spread a couple spoonfuls on a corn tortilla, scramble egg whites and wrap it all up...with my coffee it adds up to 200-300 ish calories and keeps me full for awhile
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I alternate between these. My breakfast usually runs 400-500 calories.

1. My main one:

Greek yogurt, about 6oz
    Raw almonds, 1oz
    Some raw, unfiltered honey
    1/2 cup to full cup of fruit (usually berries or prunes).

2. Grits with butter. 1-2 servings. I love my southern tradition. I may eat some nuts separately since grits alone doesn't satisfy me long enough.

3. Eggs. Usually scrambled.

4. Combo of 2&3. Fried egg on top of buttery grits = YUM.

5. Slow cook, regular, oatmeal with raw almonds, cinnamon, and honey.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,102 Member
    Options
    I start every morning with a bowl of pure quick oats (made in the microwave-so fast!) and i add some BeneFibre, fruit, and have one egg on the side. You can add any types of nuts or fruit you would like to get more protein and vitamins, and its sooo fast and keeps me full for a few hours. Just a thought!

FYI - celiacs - Benefiber is not totally gluten free.

9.Does wheat dextrin contain gluten?
    Benefiber Powder, which contains less than 20 ppm of gluten and is therefore considered "gluten-free," based on both the FDA and the Codex Alimentarius Commission's proposed definition of less than 20 ppm. However, people who experience gluten intolerance should not consume any products, including Benefiber, that contain any level of gluten unless otherwise directed by their doctor.
  • linder4866
    Options
    I can consume dairy so that helps a lot with breakfast.
    * 1/2 cup GF cottage cheese w/ 2 Tbsp Pineapple salsa
    * Trader Joe's fat free Greek yogurt - pomegranate flavor
    * Glutenfreeda oatmeal w/ 1 tsp honey & 2 tsp peanut butter
    * One hard cooked egg white w/2 Tbsp Trader Joe's edamame & hummus

I don't a big breakfast; not really hungry usually until later.
  • linder4866
    Options
    Ha, the previous post was not everything I eat in *one* breakfast but each line is a different idea for what I might eat.......snort. Sorry, I didn't make that clear!!

Hi fellow celiacs..........
  • ResilientWoman
    ResilientWoman Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Curious but why do you eat gluten free? I do because my digestion was destroyed eating junk growing up. For me gluten free is the foundation of healing my life. Your reasons and therefore, your mileage may vary.

Some of my faves:

* Leftover meat and veggies from last night's dinner.
    * One quarter to one half rotisserie chicken.
    * 6 eggs fried in grassfed butter or pastured bacon grease, 4 slices of pastured bacon.
    * Four boiled eggs and a couple slices of raw milk cheddar cheese.
    * Shrimp, IQF, warmed in grass fed butter with parsley.
    * Scrambled eggs with leftover veggies.
    * 2 Tablespoons raw almond butter with homemade coconut flour/almond meal blueberry mini muffin. See Jenny at Nourished Kitchen for recipe - http://nourishedkitchen.com/blueberry-almond-crumb-muffins/#comment-25187

Most of us who have quit eating gluten don't heal our guts without at least 1-3 years of also eating grain free. In addition to that huge shift in lifestyle many of us find that supplementing our guts//brains to heal the gut/brain axis is needed. Often we also need to avoid all fiber and veggies for a few months. For me HCL and MCFAs have become dear friends.

Took me 60 days gluten free, grain free, legume free, processed foods/sugar/corn syrup free as well as fruit and vegatable free while supplementing with Betain HCL acid with digestive enzymes and digestive bitters to begin to correct over 40 years of eating the Standard American Diet.

Over a year later, I now only sporadically take the bitters and I still take HCL with each meal. My gut is healing but only because I continue to avoid what harms it. My health has improved enough that I can eat veggies in moderation and an occasional piece of fruit (2-3 pieces weekly).

Coconut oil/coconut cream in my coffee/tea help a lot and kombucha that my friend makes at home is one of my latest digestive soothing finds.
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I am going to ask you the question that everyone asks me - so what did you eat during this 60 days? Just animal products?
    Took me 60 days gluten free, grain free, legume free, processed foods/sugar/corn syrup free as well as fruit and vegatable free while supplementing with Betain HCL acid with digestive enzymes and digestive bitters to begin to correct over 40 years of eating the Standard American Diet.
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    turkey bacon, egg whites, cheese on a gf english muffin
    egg whites, cheddar, salsa, avocado on a rice cake
    polenta with bacon and fruit
    granola with berries
    gf pancakes
    baked banana with granola
    omelettes of all sorts
    baked egg in an avocado with cheese and salsa
    apples with raw peanut butter

and of course, always, coffee
  • vabrewer33
    vabrewer33 Posts: 185
    Options
    Who makes GF english muffins?! That is one of the things I miss the most! I live in a small town that only has a Safeway, Walmart and one small health food store. Anybody know of where I could fine them?!
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Who makes GF english muffins?! That is one of the things I miss the most! I live in a small town that only has a Safeway, Walmart and one small health food store. Anybody know of where I could fine them?!

the ones I have are trader joe's brand
  • islandnutshel
    Options
    Udi's whole grain bread 2 slices toasted, scrambled egg w grated cheese on top, Made into a sandwhich. about 300 calories. Makes me full for long time.
    I also like a cup of frozen blueberries heated till hot, topped w Greek yougurt and sprinkled with granola, (best gf granola: Bakery on main)
  • islandnutshel
    Options
    Normaly I dislike glutino products, DRY, but thier english muffins are delish and can be used as hamburger buns too.
  • designsbymlg
    Options
    I am not a morning person and I'm on a highly restricted diet due to many food allergies. I eat what I call scrambled egg muffins. They are like portable omelettes and quite delicious and simple. I cook up a batch and microwave for 30 seconds on my way out the door each morning.

If using a jumbo muffin pan, this recipe will make 6 @ 200 - 300 calories each
    If using a standard muffin pan, it will make 12 @ 100 - 150 calories each

Ingredients:
    1 dozen eggs
    0.5 lb pork sausage (or turkey sausage), cooked
    0.5 cup frozen chopped bell peppers (or bell pepper, onion blend)
    0.5 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or dairy-free alternative)
    0.5 cup frozen hash browns, shredded (just shredded potato)
    0.5 teaspoon salt
    0.25 teaspoon pepper
    0.25 teaspoon garlic powder

Mix ingredients together in a bowl and distribute evenly to muffin pan.

Enjoy! I sure do... and I've yet to meet a person who didn't!

Side note: A world-renowned doctor for his work in gluten sensitivity and food allergies is in my area (Houston). He is working to get the word out about gluten and is seen regularly on our local Fox News. He also spends a lot of time and money on research. I went to see him speak this last weekend on why many people on a gluten-free diet do not completely heal. The information was BEYOND valuable and made so much sense! I want others to find healing too, so I'm going to give you all access to my account with Gluten Free Society so you can see his presentation.
    My login info is:
    username: designsbymlg
    password: designsbymlg
    http://www.glutenfreesociety.org/gluten-free-tv/gluten-free-society-meeting-what-to-do-when-the-gluten-free-diet-fails/