Options
    Neck: 16
    Waist: 40.9
    Hips: 48
    Arms: 13.2
    Thigh: 28.4
    Belly: 48.5
    chest: 49

Oddly I lost the most inches in my thighs... ok its odd to me :)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I have a bittersweet announcement to make. I've been debating this for quite a few months now, but today I've decided I have to do what's best for me. I need to step down as Headmistress (probably as Head of Gryffindor, too). It's become more time consuming with the issues with other Houses on top of everything to allow me to do what I need to do outside of the group, too.

I've asked all the other Heads of House if they're willing to take on the Headmaster/mistress role, but if any of you are willing (Headmaster OR Head of Gryffindor) this is your chance :) I know how a lot of you feel about this already. If no one feels comfortable doing it, that's ok. I don't feel ok pressuring anyone into anything that doesn't work for them in a group that's just supposed to be for fun/motivation, not another full time job. If no one can be found to replace me as Head of House, then we can take suggestions as to what should be done.

So, at the end of this month (through the week off before June starts) I'll be stepping down. I'll help organize any replacements as needed, but whatever isn't filled by then I feel that I've done all I can about it. If no Headmaster/mistress is found, the current Heads of House can organize how they wish, or the Houses can be left to their own devices. This is something that I hope to have decided before I leave as well.

Thanks for being so helpful and reliable! One way or another, I want to figure this out so the group can keep going :)
  • BrnIdGirl
    BrnIdGirl Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon LIONs having an awesome day.

Hope you all are too.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    APRIL RESULTS
    are posted in the Great Hall, but Week 4 Prefects and April Quidditch Captain are being announced right here!

Prefects this week are Amandapratt and Letty_c! Great work, girls! You set a great example for us to work harder. :)

April's Quidditch Captain is Lhawkins1975, losing 5.8% of her weight this month! That's awesome!

Don't forget that you can get your badges from the bottom of this link if you wish to do a little bragging ;)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/bronwenhilary/view/hogwarts-inter-house-challenge-143613

WEEK 2 CHALLENGES:
    (Starting after check-in between 5/4-5/7
    and ending with check-in between 5/11-5/14)

OWL (exercise): Split Squats! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvbrM1tFvIs

Be careful with these if you've never done anything like it before!

Each day you reach your daily goal you earn 5 OWLs, you earn 3 OWLs for reaching half way to your goal, and 1 OWL for trying but not reaching half way.

NEWT (food): Fiber! Reach or exceed your fiber allotment every day.

5 NEWTs for every day you at least meet your fiber allotment, 35 NEWTs possible for the week.

SPEW: Earn 1 point every time you post something encouraging or motivating or how your day is going in the Common Room (ANYTHING BUT A CHECK-IN POST COUNTS TOWARD YOUR SPEWs).
    Up to 5 points possible per day, 35 points possible for the week.

***Remember to double check the dates for this challenge! Don't start early and lessen your progress for the current week!

These are also posted in the May Blog, here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/bronwenhilary/view/may-gryffindor-owls-newts-251002
  • Nekoashi
    Nekoashi Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say Happy Friday to everyone! :flowerforyou: Hope everyone has had a great week and has some fun plans for this weekend! :heart:
  • AlyssaDarby13
    AlyssaDarby13 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I know I'm still new here, but I wanted to let y'all know I have to leave for a while. Family issues have cropped up and I have to deal with them and so won't have time for MFP for a while. Best of luck on your journeys, and hopefully I can get back on the Hogwwart's Express soon.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this chat room and My FitnessPal in general, but can't wait to get involved.
    Welcome! :)
  • TourThePast
    Options
    I know I'm still new here, but I wanted to let y'all know I have to leave for a while. Family issues have cropped up and I have to deal with them and so won't have time for MFP for a while. Best of luck on your journeys, and hopefully I can get back on the Hogwwart's Express soon.
    Sorry to hear that, hope things are resolved soon.
  • TourThePast
    Options
    Not a great week for me, 121.3 (TOM gah!)

Waist 27"
    Hips 37"
    Thigh 22 1/8"

Fingers crossed that next week will be a bit easier all round...
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    i was gone for a while then came back a few weeks ago thinking that i would be able to keep up with this and work but that hasnt been the case. so i hate to say it but i will have to take some time off from MFP until my work load becomes less, which i know it will because it changes all the time. i will miss each and everyone of you! i hope you all set yourselves goals and reach beyond them!!

i will check back every so often when i get a chance just to say hi and see how everyone is doing but i dont want to hold the group back by not being able to be here at least once a day..

take care and again i will miss you all!!
  • TourThePast
    Options
    i will check back every so often when i get a chance just to say hi and see how everyone is doing but i dont want to hold the group back by not being able to be here at least once a day..
    You don't have to be here every day, or do massive amounts of exercise, but do think about staying - we'd miss you and it's far too easy to fall off the wagon without support!

Whatever you decide, take care, and I hope your work lessens soon. :smile:
  • Letty_c
    Letty_c Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Gryffindors!!!!! How is everybody doing. I'm pretty awesome started going to my new gym wanted to do weight lifting....... but everytime I looked at the machines and tried to figure them out I start to freak out so I signed up to meet with the trainer tomorrow so weights here I come!!!!!
  • Nekoashi
    Options
    Hello fellow Gryffindors!!!!! How is everybody doing. I'm pretty awesome started going to my new gym wanted to do weight lifting....... but everytime I looked at the machines and tried to figure them out I start to freak out so I signed up to meet with the trainer tomorrow so weights here I come!!!!!

I'm doing fantastic! I just accepted a job at a cosmetics company doing photo touch up work, graphic design and social media :D I'll be starting at the end of the month. Time to go apartment hunting in the greater Los Angeles area

Good luck with your trainer! I hope you learn a lot! :) Not knowing how to work the machines (correctly) has always been a downfall for me at the gym, and heck I can get hurt too lol >_<
  • TourThePast
    Options
    Not a great week for me, and I'm off on holiday for two weeks today, so I have a feeling that June is going to be the time when I really focus on getting back on track...
  • TourThePast
    Options
    Apologies for the late check in, not a bad weight, but I've a nasty feeling that it was a glitch...
  • Taralinda
    Taralinda Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi,

I've been a member of My Fitness Pal for about a couple of months, and just discovered groups. Very happy to join. Hogwarts Castle, and Gryffindor Room. Usually weigh-in on Tuesday, will change to Friday of this week
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Hi,

I've been a member of My Fitness Pal for about a couple of months, and just discovered groups. Very happy to join. Hogwarts Castle, and Gryffindor Room. Usually weigh-in on Tuesday, will change to Friday of this week

Welcome! You don't have to change just to Friday, you could weigh in as late as Monday and be good. Just FYI :)
  • TourThePast
    Options
    Welcome to the group. :)
  • Nekoashi
    Options
    Hi,

welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • Nekoashi
    Options
    Happy Memorial Day weekend to my fellow Gryffs!

I did an early weigh in and logging my weight and HPs, since I know I will be very nervous and busy on Monday with my new job starting on Tuesday morning. Turns out I made my goal of being under 170lbs! it wasn't by much, just .07 lbs, but darn it I am out of the 170s and hopefully will continue on the trend of going downward :tongue:

I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe weekend planned. Keep an eye on those calories, but be sure to have some fun even if you're a little over on them :drinker: