What does a relationship mean to people now adays?

Options
chicky89
chicky89 Posts: 262 Member
okay, so I'm one of those girls that have a few fwbs. I have had one guy where we have been fwb for 3 years. If one of us gets into a relationship, we have always told each other and stopped.

Welllll, he came over last night. We had a good time. We also talked about him patrolling (hes a cop) and found a friend in a car with some chick... which is no big deal, but his friend is married. He made a HUGE deal about it.

Anyyyways, after he left, I decided to see if he is on FB.... low and behold, he was! AND now he is ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From someone who made a big deal about his friends cheating on his wife... and how we used to always call our fwb off if we were in a relationship with someone else, I'm shocked!!!

I have NO idea what to say to him.... It would be awkward "I was creeping your FB and was wondering where your fiance lives?"

Boggles my mind what a relationship is these days and how people treat them. YES- I do have fwbs, BUT if I'm in a relationship, I am totally committed!! I just don't get it!!!!

Replies

• dynamicwon
    dynamicwon Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Thats a tough one! I would just tell him that you want to call it off because you want more and feel that you fwb is holding you back from getting what you really want. I wouldnt even mention the fiance. Just my opinion. I had that happen recently an ex called me and said what happened to us and that we should try to get back together ...about a month later I saw on his FB page that he got married!!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I'm with you there honey. I'm also of the mind that a FWB is not required when in a relationship!! And I also had this 'agreement' when I had a FWB.

I guess people just have different views on it. And this guy sounds like a total douche! I would be heartbroken if I was engaged only to find my fiance was still shagging a FWB :explode:

I guess it just shows that some people will always abuse any rational system you give them............. SMH :huh:
  • Steelheart7
    Steelheart7 Posts: 1,056
    Options
    I would call his cheating *kitten* out! I would say I was bored, doing some facebook stalking and lookey here .. you are an engaged cheating SOB.

I don't understand cheaters.
  • chicky89
    Options

I guess people just have different views on it. And this guy sounds like a total douche! I would be heartbroken if I was engaged only to find my fiance was still shagging a FWB :explode:

That's the thing!!! I feel obligated to msg her and tell her!!!! I would want to know!!! I feel like a home wrecker!!!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I would call his cheating *kitten* out! I would say I was bored, doing some facebook stalking and lookey here .. you are an engaged cheating SOB.

This is how I feel too! Only if you hate to admit you were creeping you could say "I heard from so-and-so that you're engaged."
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options

That's the thing!!! I feel obligated to msg her and tell her!!!! I would want to know!!! I feel like a home wrecker!!!

You're not the home wrecker, he is. But man, if I were her, I suppose I'd want his FWB to tell me what's been going on. I have no problem with casual dating, but to me when you get engaged is the absolute drop-dead time to stop dating others and start erecting those "marriage boundaries" in preparation for your life together.

Maybe she's modern, already knows he has FWBs on the side and it doesn't bother her...?
  • chicky89
    Options

This is how I feel too! Only if you hate to admit you were creeping you could say "I heard from so-and-so that you're engaged."

We don't know anyone in common!!!!!!! It would be hard to swing that one.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I would give him a chance to be honest first. Just tell him you are aware now that he is engaged - and that he can come clean and tell her the truth or you will.

That way - just in case it's one of those stupid cutesie not really engagements that people do on FB all the time he can also clear the air with you.
  • chicky89
    Options

That way - just in case it's one of those stupid cutesie not really engagements that people do on FB all the time he can also clear the air with you.

ohhhh, its for real!!!! I crept her!!!! Has pictures of their get away and her ring!!!!!!!!
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I would give him a chance to be honest first. Just tell him you are aware now that he is engaged - and that he can come clean and tell her the truth or you will.

This was my thinking too except was more thinking the engagement may have ended suddenly or something like that.
  • The_Iron
    The_Iron Posts: 288
    Options

ohhhh, its for real!!!! I crept her!!!! Has pictures of their get away and her ring!!!!!!!!

OH SNAPPLE!
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    once you told us he was a cop, I was more surprised that he would be offended by a friend cheating on his wife than I was that he would do it. Most cops I know are notorious for infidelity. I've also heard some cops talk about how awkward policeman''s balls are because the woman they introduce as their spouse is not the same woman who they were with in the bar the previous weekend.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    What were the agreed upon terms of becoming FWBs?
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m193vxKDsC1qffloyo1_500.jpg
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    Ok, I'm clueless. I don't know what a fwb is???

Although from what you've described, I can make an educated guess...

Relationships mean different things to different people. But, for me, I guess I'm a little old fashioned. I'm a ONE man woman, and my man better be a ONE woman man, too. I want committment. I will be committed, and I want him to be committed. Loyalty, trust... and communication... that's what I want.

then again...

Maybe that's why I'm single. ;)
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    tumblr_m193vxKDsC1qffloyo1_500.jpg

cool I like that
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    friends with benefits
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    friends with benefits

LOL Okay... thanks!

I was hoping someone would tell me.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

You're a FWB, I'm not sure it's your place.

You should comment to him though.

Personally, I'd never do that to a gf/fiance/wife. Single is one thing, but committed is committed.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options

You're not the home wrecker, he is. But man, if I were her, I suppose I'd want his FWB to tell me what's been going on. I have no problem with casual dating, but to me when you get engaged is the absolute drop-dead time to stop dating others and start erecting those "marriage boundaries" in preparation for your life together.

Maybe she's modern, already knows he has FWBs on the side and it doesn't bother her...?

I had a friend who hooked up with a guy who had a girlfriend once. She went on Facebook and sent the girl a message and the girl didn't believe her, and she said, "Well, it's your loss then but I wouldn't make something up about this." Then the girl had a change of heart and dumped the guy because she started to believe my friend.