Week 2, May 6 to May 12

Options
2»

Replies

• justmstry
    justmstry Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I did W1D3 last Friday, and wasn't able to run again until tonight. Needless to say I was extremely nervous about how the long break would affect my progress. I am happy to say that I did so much better than I thought.

Tonight was the first night that we weren't able to run on the track (our high school had the district meet tonight). So I had a little added stress because of that. We ended up running around a large grassy area at the fairgrounds. Since my husband is my running partner, we have to run where we can see our kids (5&2) at all times.
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    Completed week 2 today!!.. my legs are going to enjoy the 2 day break until week 3 on Sunday. Great job everyone!
  • RoadkingDavid
    RoadkingDavid Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I start week 2 tomorrow! I can't wait! Never have been so excited to run. This is great!
  • chrissilini
    chrissilini Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Week 2 done! Yay! Week 3 doesn't seem too bad, it's week 4 that's got me nervous. All in time I say. Good work everyone.
  • thebassdrumheavy
    thebassdrumheavy Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I agree! I keep looking at the upcoming weeks thinking how the heck am I going to pull that off!
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I jumped to week 2 last week, and will be running my third and final day of the week 2 either today or tomorrow.....my issue has been dealing with the soreness.......
  • sara6636
    sara6636 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Just finished week 2 and it still feels pretty good! My shins were beginning to have that familiar ache, so I went and got fitted for some new sneakers (it had been 4 years), and started doing more stretching and toe taps. The pain is almost gone and today's run felt great! On to week 3!
  • jkpfeifer2
    jkpfeifer2 Posts: 9
    Options
    Just started Week 2 today..am off a little. It seemed kind of hard but the time went fast (if that makes sense). Looking forward to doing W2, D2 on Sunday.
  • smanning1982
    smanning1982 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Finished week 2 today and it was pretty good! The last run I actually made it a full 3 minutes so I could get a feel for next week and was able to do the 3 mins! Bring on week 3!
  • RoadkingDavid
    RoadkingDavid Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I did week 2, day 1 yesterday in the rain! It was tougher, but I loved it!!!
  • FitToFifty
    FitToFifty Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I finished week 2 this morning. For the first time when I got done - I said to my husband "That was a good workout, it felt great!" I was a little worked up about the 3 minute run; but after today's workout I am more easy about trying it.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Finished week 2 on Friday, and moved onto week 3 today, of which i did complete day 1....not sure how in the world i made it through, but it felt so good!!!!!!!!
  • its_sania
    its_sania Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Completed Week2 yesterday. Keen to get started on Week 3 now!
  • chrissilini
    chrissilini Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit ahead. Not sure how that happened. I'm listening to Robert Ullrey's c25k podcasts and I think I skipped a day here and there. Oops. So, I just finished week 4 day 1. Awesome. I was really nervous, a 5 minute run, twice? But it really wasn't problem. Yeah, the second time I got tired at the end but I felt so good after.

You all can do it! No matter what day, week, etc, just keep pushing through. What an accomplishment. Go for it.
  • justmstry
    Options
    I completed Week 2 day 1 last Thursday and day 2 last Friday, I still have to complete day 3. I think that this program is great because it builds you up in a way that you aren't even aware at how much stronger you are getting. My husband pushed me at the end of my last run and I ended up running 2 minutes and 10 seconds. Although it didn't physically feel good, and I am not real sure that I was jogging any faster than I was walking, it was a great mental accomplishment to jog that long. It makes the 3 minute jog not look so scary.
  • justmstry
    Options
    Another big break between runs. I need to find a way to get these more evenly spaced. But today I finished week 2.
  • foxfireash
    foxfireash Posts: 24
    Options
    Re-started week 2 today. Took a little break after pushing myself too hard the first week (exercising hard on days when I wasn't running, with no rest days.) My shins were killing me with every step, so I iced and rested... Wk2 Day1 (second time around) felt good, no pain and went by fast!!! Trying not to think about next week, lol.