What does eveyone do for Breakfast?

Options

Replies

• freakitude
    freakitude Posts: 13
    Options
    weightwise oats with skim milk is what i had today.
  • Rollersaurus1
    Rollersaurus1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Almost always, Sultana Bran with skim milk or poached eggs and grilled tomato on wholemeal toast and a Coke Zero. I know the Coke is not the healthiest for brekky but I don't really drink coffee and I do love my caffeine ever so much :)
  • heyitsmegxx
    heyitsmegxx Posts: 444
    Options
    I eat 1/2 cup of rolled oats with water.
  • smegbrains
    Options
    1 cup of steel cut oats, half a banana, half an apple, 15-20g flaxseed, sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg, water.
  • freekat
    freekat Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Porridge, skim milk and fruit OR egg on toast with spinach!
  • girlybirdy
    girlybirdy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Weekdays it's a mixture of cereal + milk, a berry smoothie, vegemite on toast, oats in winter, coffee , or a five:am yogurt smoothy if I'm running late.

Weekends it's usually 'brunch' so it's a whole different story. ;) Lately I have been having crepes, but love waffles, or bacon + eggs. All accompanied by a huge coffee....of course!
  • freshvl
    freshvl Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    i eat
  • nmcparlane
    Options
    Hi - I try to vary between Multi-Grain Weetbix (2) with milk and banana, poached eggs (2) on multigrain muffin toasted, baked beans (1/2 425g tin) on 1 slice multigrain toast, 3 eggs scrambled on MG Muffin. If I stick to one breaky I get too bored.
  • kazlee66
    kazlee66 Posts: 25
    Options
    I make a smoothie, with a banana, raspberries, low fat milk, and low fat yoghurt.
    it's quite nice and filling. i take it to work with me and have it there, and usually have morning tea as well. on weekends i'll have something a bit more filling. But it's a good start to my day. 2 serves of fruit and 2 serves of dairy.
  • CJD85
    CJD85 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Uncle Toby's quick oats with a banana and a nice herbal tea or Raw muesli with A2 milk.
    I might on very rare occaision have toast.
  • wildaaron
    wildaaron Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    fruit free muesli and milk OR eggs on toast OR Sunday is our Bacon & Eggs breakfast. 1 month in, still enjoying this stuff and better than loading up on sugar
  • katielorne
    Options
    3 egg whites with tomato spring onion, ryvita and cottage cheese.
    Bang in microwave for 2 mins and done!
  • daydream_believer
    Options
    when I break my fast it is with:
    oats
    cocoa
    cinnamon
    PB&co dark choc dreams
    1 scoop chocolate casein

(sometimes add banana/blueberries also)

this... minus the chocolates. but this has inspired me now! :D
  • melbournemummy79
    Options
    Im a bit of an oddity...
    A lot of my partners have been of asian descent and though my current isnt the habit of eating a rice dish for breakkie has taken hold and I dont think I want to go back to stodgy cereal. So mostly rice and vegetables, or fried rice of some sort..... or congee.
    My kids eat what I eat...though sometimes they ask for things like eggs on toast or bacon sandwiches.
    Once a week I do a big fry up (usually on a Sunday when my partner is home) and we have eggs, bacon, tomatos, onion, mushrooms, home made bread, spinach and whatever sauce he wants on it. I will usually cook that for him and the kids then make a 3 egg omelette for myself with spinach, diced tomato and mushrooms and no oil in a non stick pan, no toast.
  • stormydaze_02
    stormydaze_02 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I love the Goodness Superfood cereals too. The Heart 1st is delicious! I sometimes eat the Protein 1st one, but unfortunately they don't have a very positive effect on me LOL

I usually rotate between toast and Nuttelex (occasionally peanut butter) and cereal. Once every week or so i have bacon and eggs on toast
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I do all different things.
    Omelette, bircher muesli, weetbix, wholemeal toast, wholemeal english muffins with a variety of things on them (from baked beans to ricotta cheese & tomato).
    Breakfast is my easiest meal, it's the rest of the day that I struggle with.
  • anastasiab1621
    anastasiab1621 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Protein shake with 1/4 ground oats and 50gm ground seed mix shaked in
    Protein Pancakes (protein powder, egg whites, oats and berries)
    Plain Oats made on water with some fruit mixed in
    Cooked eggs if I have the time - runny yolk on spelt bread - yummmmmmm

How things change. Almost one year on, and I wouldn't eat any of those things I once used to eat to break my fast. Except the eggs and protein powder.
  • TMcChamp
    TMcChamp Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    one weet bix on boiled water and 70 grams of frozen berries some times i add some low calorie yogurt
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    I don't usually eat breakfast until lunch time as I don't like eat first thing in the morning but when I do have my breakfast its a bowl of cornflakes with full cream milk
  • theundead
    theundead Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    green smoothie or porridge