Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Ravenclaw Common Room

Replies

• korkster
    korkster Posts: 181 Member
    Got my FitBit badge yesterday that said I've walked 250 miles so far. Makes me happy. I also got my first runner's number & tag in the mail. That... makes me nervous.
  • rosesquelettique
    rosesquelettique Posts: 38 Member
    Hello Ravenclaws! I got dragged out to eat yesterday evening which completely derailed my diet. No more of that! My work schedule is starting to settle down as well, so hopefully I'll be able to schedule a regular exercise time to keep me working out.

@LoedBezoar - Thanks for the invite. The Lonely Mountain sounds like a much better place to visit!
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 434 Member
    Oh, how I love Fridays :D Hope everyone else had a great day.

We did some dancing today at work, and we had a pretty good time at it, too.
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    OK, challenge time!

Next weeks challenges, courtesy of our prefects, are:

Food: One OWL for each day caffeine free (Datenshi is trying to kill me!)

Exercise: An extra 15 minutes of walking each day. Get it in where you can- by parking further from the door at work, etc.

Spirit: Post.

Have a good weekend Ravenclaws, lottee (currently very smug about doing my first 5k race this morning!)
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,035 Member
    crap- didn't check in yesterday- gto derailed by the breastfeeding debate in the forums . . . someone remind me to stay the hell away from the forums because I get way to worked up :explode:

2 different kid birthday parties today- :drinker: here's to making good food choices when faced with yummy TERRIBLE food choices
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Le sigh... We had yummy chicken curry last night for dinner. It was our one meat-meal for the week and the chicken is sitting on my stomach like a ton of bricks... I should have done a veggie curry. I need to go look for my DigestZen...
  • rosesquelettique
    rosesquelettique Posts: 38 Member
    Happy Saturday Ravenclaws! It's a beautiful day to go out and practice Quidditch (or run or bike or whatever); I think I might break out the rollerblades! I love the challenges this week! Probably since I'm caffeine free everyday anyway and I park in the way back of parking lots and walk anyway...LOL. Good luck and keep up the good work everyone!
  • korkster
    Down to 282.2 this week. Woot! That means I might actually make my goal. Crazy! :tongue:

The walking everyday with my co-worker is definitely helping. It makes it easy to clear the 10,000 steps needed a day. I used to only do 5,000... but 10k is becoming... easy? Not the easy where I can breathe and what not. But the easy where I'm pouring down sweat and think afterwards "this wasn't so bad...". :laugh:

I'm excited for this week's challenges as well. Definitely will get the walking one. Caffiene... does hot chocolate have caffiene?

Gotta get ready for a hike. Have a great day! :flowerforyou:
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    You are going to hate me for this, but yes, chocolate does have caffeine. Might I suggest an herbal tisane? Strawberry-Cardamom is my current favorite, but other good ones are Strawberry-Lemon, Ginger-Spice and many more. Get friendly with your local tea shop and ask what herbal tisanes they have.
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    ooo - I don't know about going caffeine-free. I will be down for days with withdrawal migraines if I cut it out cold turkey. Would cutting out 1 cup of coffee a day and replacing it with water count (I usually drink 3 cups of coffee a day and they're big cups!)?

Got lots of running around to do this weekend. I leave to go home to VA next Saturday, so I've got to get everything in order this weekend. I'll be travelling alone for the first time in about 20 years - hubby and son are both staying home - so I'm looking forward to some good "me" time!

Hope you all have a fantastic day!! :heart:
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Weekend is off to a great start - ran a 5 mile race this morning and ran a personal best - 49:58, and took first place in my age group - yay :drinker: I think it's time to start working toward a 10K. One of my long term goals is to run a race in every state, and a 10K seems more worthwhile to travel for compared to a 5K (I don't even want to think about half-marathons - I don't have time for that kind of training, even if my body could take it :tongue: ).

Love the challenges next week - I've been caffeine-free for about 8 years :bigsmile:
  • datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    Hello you awesome Ravenclaws you!!!

I had a great day today. I went hiking for 82 minutes in the morning and rode my bike for 60 minutes this evening. This is amazing for someone who hates exercise. I hike the same trail and have cut 10 minutes off my time since my first hike of the season. Must be getting in shape or something crazy like that...:bigsmile:

I ate some of my exercise calories back but am so full I can't eat anymore. I read some great discussion threads about eating more when you work out and how you will end up losing more if you do. It totally jives with what happens when I exercise. I used to not up my calories on days I worked out and then I couldn't figure out why I wasn't losing weight faster, in fact I plateaued. Turns out my body was going into starvation mode.

Well I hope you are all having an awesome weekend and take care!!! :flowerforyou:

Datenshi
  • Matchamatcha
    Matchamatcha Posts: 158 Member
    Hey guys, looks like we are all doing pretty well this week!

I am really happy because I lost a pound/.4kg and I've finally hit 15kg lost! which was my original goal when I started MFP last year. I promised myself that I would do a post with pictures in the Success Stories forums when I reached that point, but I'm half asleep and grumpy as today so that may or may not happen. I also had an NSV this week - can now fit into (still a little bit tight, but if I lose another couple of cms it's going to look great) my Morticia dress :happy: (that is what it reminds me of, and that is why I bought it, hehehe) I bought to go out in during Winter. It is "sexy" without me being obligated to freeze my *kitten* off.

We are starting this thing at work where we all in teams of 7 get together and track our steps, we're going to get free pedometers and our branch will donate to charity on our behalf for our steps taken. It's called Walk Around the World or something like that. Pretty cool.

And I am also starting Boot Camp again tomorrow! 6am to 7am Mon, Weds and Fri - it's going to be TOUGH! Last time I had to drop out because I tore a muscle in my stomach (not at boot camp) and basically couldn't exercise properly for ages. I am not a morning person, but I really need to get fitter and this should be good. I have 2 friends doing it with me this time as well so I hope that helps. Also splurged and bought myself some good quality workout clothes yesterday. I normally just wear the sort of clothes I lounge around in at home, but I think having clothes that are a bit more form fitting will help to motivate me.

Anyway, best of luck to you all for the following week :flowerforyou:

P.S: I should say in advance that I'm going to skip the caffeine-skipping. Sorry. I tried that last week and got 2 days with the migraines and irritability. I don't eat junk food or smoke, barely drink, so I've decided that caffeine is my treat.
  • Matchamatcha
    Matchamatcha Posts: 158 Member
    Well, I did it. Post is up in Success Stories now, eep! :embarassed:
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Hmm, I think challenges should be tough but attainable- I think Azsuzi and Matchamatcha, if they want to, should be able to modify the challenge- how about trying to half your caffeine intake? Azsuzi- could you have little cups instead of your big mugs?!

What do other people think about modifying the challenges? Lottee x
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    @ Lottee - my big cup is the cup I use at work - one of those with a broad base so you can't knock it over and dump coffee all over your keyboard :wink: . What I WILL do is use half regular coffee and half decaf. How does that sound?

Sorry to say I'm up a half pound this week. It was a dismal week for me food and exercise-wise - only got in 35 minutes of exercise! :blushing: I hope this week will be better.

@ Matcha - you look so great! Well done on your weight loss!! :drinker:

And - HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all the fantastic moms out there. Enjoy your day!
  • stablesong
    stablesong Posts: 224
    It's been a crappy week for me. I went over on Thursday, and Friday night I decided to eat whatever I felt like and not log it because I was so tired of logging and I needed a break. I've also had a lot of stuff to do for school this week so I didn't make it to the gym as often as I should have. Weigh-in is tomorrow and I'm expecting a big gain. :(
  • datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    Happy Mother's Day!!!

I went for another great hike today. The weather is so nice out I think I am going to go lay on my lounge chair outside and have a nap and enjoy the outdoors.

Have a great day!!! :flowerforyou:

Datenshi
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,035 Member
    srp2011- great job on the race!!!!! I am working up to a half marathon in September (hopefully) that's the goal

I had a race this morning- 5K time 26m 27s . . . didn't place but forgot my MP3 player in the car, it was hotter than it has been so far this year, and my right calf has been really hurting (over compensationg for the right leg which is the one that had surgery). Not happy with my time, but there's always next race
  • korkster
    Happy Mother's Day, everyone! My mom & I planted some flowers on our hillside. It didn't "feel" like work, but I was pouring down sweat. That's what I get for partying last night. :blushing:

We're probably going to hit up a movie. I don't think I'll be able to hit the 10k steps for today... may barely make 5k. But I'll try to squeeze in the exercise where I can.