Replies

• lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I finished the program yesterday!
  • LadyW1nger
    LadyW1nger Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I finished the program a week ago today, I just forgot to post about it. This has been the best program! If you stick with it, it really works! Now I just have to work on speed! I'll be running my first 5k race on June 3. Can't wait!
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I finished!! I've done two races already but walked a lot of both of those. I'm registered for a 5k this saturday and will be attempting to run the whole thing! It takes me ridiculously long to finish, but I can't believe I can run for 3 miles straight!
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I finished C25K, yesterday! My final workout was 47 minutes and 3.17 miles. I'm still going to keep at it to improve my endurance and time. I have a 5K scheduled for May 5th, joined a walking/running group this month, and completed a 5 miles walk in 1:09:35. I can't believe I can walk faster than I jog...for now.
  • lizo11
    lizo11 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I finished on Friday. 4/27/12. Now I have two weeks to work on getting my time down. I have a 5K race (my first ever,at age 29) on May 13. I have a personal goal to do it under 35 minutes (currently holding steady at 39 minutes). So we shall see!!
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I just got back from my last C25K run...it's official, I finished the program!

I am so proud of myself! I tried this program once in the past, and gave up in week 3. And here I am now, running 30 minutes or more at a time (yesterday I decided to do a full 5K instead of stopping after 30 min...it took me 43 minutes of nonstop jogging). What a feeling to know that I accomplished something that I NEVER thought I'd be able to do!

Now, to work on my speed and sign up for a 5K this summer... :-D
  • mommy_shy
    mommy_shy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I graduated on April 23, 2012 I did my first 5k and finished in 36.48 min. I am doing my second 5k on May 12th and I cant wait to do better then the first one.
  • mostaverage
    mostaverage Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all you new graduates !!

What do you plan to do with your running now ?
  • mrshoneybear1014
    mrshoneybear1014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I just graduated from c25k today!!!!!!!!!! I used to be able to run for no more than 20 seconds and today I ran for 35 mins!!! My first 5k is next Sunday. However, I am a very slow jogger and it's going to take me a lot longer than just 35 mins to complete my 5k. I've tested it before and it takes me about 50 mins to do a 5k. Now, I want to do the program over again and just my jogging speed as the "walk" and a faster speed for the "run" to increase my pace and overall speed. I can't believe I did it though!!!!!!!!!!! Yahoo!
  • lynus85
    lynus85 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    graduated today!

I intially started the program about 7 months ago at my heaviest weight- around 290lbs and had to stop because of injuries. I started it again almost 80 pounds lighter with some reservations but was so excited to find that I could run for so much longer with no pain! I never thought Id be able to run for 35 mins +. I couldnt be happier! I finished the 5k in 33 mins and Im looking forward to continuing with running trying to increase my speed and endurance!

Im waiting for the registration to open up for the color run NYC and that will be my first 5k race.
  • Remarkable1
    Remarkable1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I ran my first 5k this past Saturday, May 5th, in Pittsburgh! My time goal was to run around a 13 minute mile, and I did it! Crossed the finish line just a hair over 40 minutes. It was an amazing feeling to finally meet this goal!!! I will continue to run to improve my time and I'm planning on signing up for another 5k towards the end of the summer. From someone who NEVER EVER EVER EVER thought she'd be a runner... this training plan WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D
  • wally1uk
    wally1uk Posts: 120
    Options
    I graduated today!!! Wooooo!!! I'm so pleased.... :) Going to sign up for my first 5K soon :)

Thanks for all the support :)
  • MelanieAG05
    MelanieAG05 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I graduated from the C25K program at the beginning of April. I did my first 5km race on Sunday (a charity race) in a time of 30.37. Until then I had only done 35mins as fastest so I was extremely pleased!

Started Bridge to 10K today!
  • mrshoneybear1014
    mrshoneybear1014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Ran my first 5k today!!! ‎I beat my own record by 5.5 mins!!!!! I only stopped for more more than a couple of minutes the whole race!!!! Thank you all for the enormous support and I hope to beat this pace my next race which is next Saturday. I actually passed my old high school and started to tear because teenage Helen would have never believed me today racing past the school. I also teared because I wish my grandma was here to see me. This one's for you!!! RIP happy mother's day to one and all!!!

I wasn't even the slowest in my age group!!!!! WOOPAH 4th to last place out of my age group, ‎696 of 846 overall and 411 of 518 women!!!
  • kfbayard
    kfbayard Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Today was my last day of C25K. My neighborhood put together a team for the Delaware Marathon's 8 person relay team. The race was today and I finished the 3.25 miles with my best time yet. I did have to walk in some spots because there is a really long steep hill at mile 2, but I survived! I'm doing the local Girls on the Run 5K next week....it is a pretty flat course, so I'm hoping that one will be a no-walking race!
  • tigerdactyl
    tigerdactyl Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Cue "Pomp and Circumstance", I'm a graduate! On to starting strength, combined with my running. I have some 5ks lined up this summer, looking forward to being super active.
  • opus649
    opus649 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Graduated on 5/18/12. Feels good. :drinker:
  • Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I graduated this morning! Yay for me! 5/24/2012

I've been hugely impressed with this program.. This is definitely the first time in my life that I'm close to considering myself a runner. The farthest I'd ever ran/walked before in my life was two miles (in football training in High School 25 years ag). I can't believe how I can just go and go now... It really is incredible. Especially considering I'm still a good 40-60 pounds overweight.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Just graduated today! Finished my last day with a 5k at 39 minutes...now just have to work on speed!