Graduation Announcements!

Options

Replies

• Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I graduated from C25K today!! :smile: It felt AWESOME.

My very first day of the program was at 16:42/mile. Ending the program at 15:15/mile (my fastest run was 14:30/mile 2 weeks ago). So on average I took 1:27 off my mile time in 9 weeks.Still turtling but not as slow. Day 1 I could barely run 30 seconds. Today I ran 30 minutes! Going to keep working on my time.

My first 5K is August 25th. I can't wait! In the meantime I am going to keep running, and working on my endurance and time. I plan on keeping this up for life. My level of fitness has skyrocketed in the past 9 weeks. I just can't believe it! (FYI, I also started the program at 247 pounds...today I am 232 pounds!!)
  • lkarinal
    lkarinal Posts: 107
    Options
    I graduated in July 21st runcompleting the c25k app in 4 months, I run 3.5m in 32 minutes which to my surprise beat my last race's time of 39minutes back in June (I was in week 4 day 3 at that time).

Next challenge, Bridge to 10k and my 10k race in September 1st :)
  • BCLisa
    BCLisa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I finished the program on Sunday, July 22nd. Did just over 5K in 32 minutes of straight running, no walking!

Now I'm at a bit of a loss, as apparently I need a goal in sight for motivation. My run this morning (just winging it for about half an hour) was not that great. I actually stopped and walked a couple of times which I'd never done before. Considering that running for a minute or two used to be a challenge just a few weeks ago, I guess I can cut myself a bit of slack for today. :ohwell:

I'd like to get a little faster and also be able to run a bit longer. Probably going to do the Bridge to 10K next, possibly with a speed session added in? Time to get a plan in place!

Feels good to have actually successfully done the program! Congrats to all the other graduates!
  • virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    2nd graduation! 1st was when I jogged for 30 min at the end of my 9 weeks, now is because I jogged my st 5K!

I've been training for this since mid May and my 1st 5K race is end of September to do it in a better time. Did it in 36 min yesterday.
  • lodicox7
    lodicox7 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I graduated from C25K last Wednesday! Ran a 5K in 38-39 minutes. Time has not been my focus whatsoever during my training. I've actually forced myself to keep about a 12 min/mile pace. My goal was to achieve the distance and I did it!

I have NEVER in my life been able to run. Even in my very best shape, two laps around a football field would have me exhausted, and I'm pretty athletic. I would highly recommend this program to anyone with a smart phone and a desire to run!

My first 5K race is this coming Saturday. I'm running it to honor my beautiful grandmother who lost her very short battle with pancreatic cancer about a year and a half ago. So proud and happy to be able to to do this for her!

Next week starts the Bridge to 10K! :)
  • RunningMama32
    RunningMama32 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My first 5km was March 25 time was 39:14
    My next 5km is August 12 and im hoping for 35:00!!!
  • Dottiesweet
    Dottiesweet Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I finished C25K on July 18th. I completed my first 5K Sunday with a time of 35:14. For my next 5K, I hope to shave 2 minutes off my time.
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I started C25K at the beginning of June and even though I haven't used the program itself since Week 7 day 2, I am considering myself graduated as I have run 3 5K plus days since then and have my second 5K race this Saturday. So, my first race was last Saturday and I will consider that the day I graduated as I ran the entire 5K without stopping! So as of Saturday, July 28th, I am a graduate! Woo! Now I can't get enough of running...it was like a switch flipped the day I finished those 3.1 miles. My heart rate is staying lower and steadier throughout more of my runs and even though it is challenging, I have no trouble finishing 3 or more miles! This is one of the greatest accomplishments of my life!
  • classictoaster
    Options
    This morning I completed the last W9 5K run! My lowest time was 33:32 for an entire 5K (I skipped doing 30 minutes and just plugged in a distance goal to RunKeeper instead), which is a pretty good start I think! My goal is to get below 30 minutes. (:

I did skip all of W1, but never skipped a single workout for the following weeks. All in all I finished the program in 8 weeks, and was successful at running 5K's at the end.

Now I'm going to work on getting my 5K time lower (goal is below 30min) until my 5K race - after that, I'm jumping into triathlon training. (:

This program was awesome!
  • newhabit
    newhabit Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I completed the program on August 10 2012 by running my first 5k while Week 9 Day 3 of the program was running
    My time for the 5k was 28:19. I was pretty impressed by that. I hadn't expected to get under 30 minutes. My first day of c25k I ran/walked it in 47 minutes.... so i would say that's pretty good! I was proud and continue to run 30 minute runs and maybe build up to 45 minute runs over time. I'm enjoying this. I could keep it up!
  • SLHartman
    SLHartman Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I graduated the Ease Into 5K program on August 18. I completed the 5K during the workout (5 min warm up, 30 min jog, 5 min cool down). My next step is to run the entire 5k without walking. First offical 5k scheduled for the end of October so I'll have plenty of time to work on my speed.
  • darkling_glory
    darkling_glory Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I graduated last week. I ran my first 5k with a time of 41:21. I know it is slow, but I wasn't last and I'm glad to have finished!!
  • jsidel126
    jsidel126 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I graduated the c25k program last week. My last run was 33 minutes and I ran a 5k length two days later. Working on speed before a Labor Day 5k race.
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    On this day August 25, 2012, I am very happy to announce that I have completed my W9 D3 session of this C25K program... AWESOME :drinker: :drinker: :happy: :happy: . I challenged myself to see how far I could go today. I went the 30 minutes and then kept on running for a total of 50 minutes. It was tough but I had to try. 12 weeks ago I could barely run 1 mile... now I am working to go beyond a 5 mile run. Here I come B210K. I continue the journey on Monday.
  • AndreaPool
    Options
    I graduated last Saturday, doing a little (like 0.04km haha) more than 5k in 30 minutes of running :)!
    My complete workout covered more than 6k (warm up - run - cool down), loved it!
    I will continue to run 2-3 times a week, working on my speed and endurance (I'm using RunKeeper to keep track of my speed and to log my routes). Hoping to run my first official 5k in September (end of September, will be going on vacation first).
    Loved the program, can't believe that I'm a runner now :D!
  • lovekohl
    lovekohl Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I graduated yesterday! Yay!
  • the1to1
    the1to1 Posts: 49
    Options
    GRADUATION FROM C25K!!

I feel so accomplished and excited. I still have a ways to go to actually complete 5K so I plan to add a couple minutes each day until I do. Following this program really helps to get you moving. I know that I am slow but when I finish each week...I know that I can do the next week too.

What program did you follow after C25K??
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Excellent job to you --> the1to1<-- and Congrats.
  • wfnugent
    wfnugent Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Sweaty shirt and healthy glow > cap and gown

29:07, 11th in 40-44yo men, 183rd among all men.

I am thinking half marathon in the spring for my 45th birthday....
  • Claire594
    Claire594 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Graduated on tues and run my first timed 5k today. Completed in 33:25. Position 113 of 129, the 29th female finisher. Can't believe I did it. I'm so excited. After I run a few more 5k's I'm going to start the bridge to 10k.