Graduation Announcements!

Options

Replies

• capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I did it! Last night I was feeling rather good, so I decided to just go, ignore the watch, and see what happened. Got to 15 minutes (my previous time record) and felt fine, so I kept going. Then 20, no problem. Then 25, still no issues. Might as well make it to 30, right? So I did. Went for 30 minutes without a walk break. Pretty happy about that! Only made it 4.6K, so I've got a little more work to do. Still, I made it the 30 minutes, and that's something to be happy about.

My take, and advice, is this: don't short-change yourself. I'd been taking it very slow, thinking thre's no way I could make it. For whatever reason, I decided to just give it a go last night. Maybe you can, too.
  • fitambitious
    fitambitious Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!!! I graduated the C25K program today :) It felt so great!!!
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Finished Week 9 on 11/23 (that's right, I ran post-turkey!)
    Since I run about a 13mm, I didn't get a full 5k during the run, but I did almost EXACTLY 5k with the warm-up, run, and cool-down! So I probably just need another 5-8min of running and I'll be set! I'm signed up for my first 5k race on 12/8 - ALSO MY BIRTHDAY!! I don't know if I'll work all the way up to running a 5k before then (I'm having some knee pain right now, so taking some extended rest days) but I know that I can finish a 5k even if I have to walk the end! :drinker: And as long as my knee's not hurting, I think I can push through anyways. I just won't necessarily make my goal time (under 45min) if I have to walk - but that's what the next one's for, right?!? :wink:
  • Melarie59
    Options
    you should be proud of what you have accomplished! good for you for doing a 5K on your birthday! I am doing a sprint triathlon in Feb and didn't want to walk the 5K part...so am doing this program....only on week 2 day 2 and it's hard!!!
  • freakitude
    Options
    couldn't believe i completed the program today. my last run was 3.75 kms.

pushed myself extra hard and completed the program before schedule. i ran 5.5 kms today.

thanks to all of you for motivation and inspiration.
  • kmudica
    Options
    I graduated Nov 27 running the 5K in 45 mins.
    Ran my first 5K Sunday Dec 2nd. Bib #127 finishing in 38 mins.

Watch for me May 2013 in the Indy 500 Mini Marathon :)
  • hookandy
    hookandy Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Graduated tonight, ran 5km in about 36 mins. Shame it was cold and wet, but still managed to come in smiling!

Now plan to find a parkrun locally either this weekend or next...... then 10k maybe not sure yet
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I finished week 8 last Friday, so I had my "High School" graduation tonight. I ran/walked 5k over the course of my entire workout.

Plan: 5 min warm up, 15min run, 2 min walk, 15 min run, 5 min cool down.
    Goal: 5k distance during entire workout.
    3.16 miles, 45 min 4.14mph, 14:29 min/mile
    Actual times: 5 warmup, 15:30run, 3 walk, 15:15 run, 6.25 cooldown
    Last minute I sprinted! It felt good to take some really long strides. The actual run/walk portion in the center was just under 34 minutes, and was 3 laps of my neighborhood for a total of 2.4 miles.

My "college" graduation will be when I can actually run the entire 5k. I'm getting close!

Edited to add: Tonight is the 6 month anniversary of my weight loss journey. I'm down 46 pounds, and went from a size 24 to a size 16! But best of all, I can run/walk a 5k! Oh, and I no longer whine about sweating. LOL!
  • kriskerans
    kriskerans Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to group, just finished my first 5K on Sat Dec 8, I started off the Couch in Aug 2012 and haven't set down yet... ha ha
    I've lost 30 lbs, and I love to Jog/walk on trails, roads, any where, except the tread mill in the gym, out side for me, just me ...
    I did the Holiday 5k at Pomona Fair gounds, Calif. It was so nice seeing all the Santa's, Elfs, Kids doing there 1mile run. I'm hooked
    looking for 5k's already in Jan or Feb... :smile:
  • sahm23ladies
    sahm23ladies Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Today I completed W9D3 of my c25k program!

As I walked with my daughter to the bus stop, I told her my goal for today. If I achieved it, I would continue and progress to a 10k, if not I would keep repeating week 9 until I reached my goal. I headed out a bit earlier today than the last two runs to avoid the extra heat and humidity of sunny S FL which I felt was holding me back a pinch.

I'll be dipped! I met my goal!!! I'm super excited!

So here are my stats:

3.10 miles in 30 mins
    overall pace = 9:39mins/mile

woo hoo!!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Congratulations everyone!

I graduated in Nov. and have now started the 5k to 10k bridge. I'm so excited! I am 51 years old and I never even ran a mile in high school.
  • sahm23ladies
    sahm23ladies Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Congratulations everyone!

I graduated in Nov. and have now started the 5k to 10k bridge. I'm so excited! I am 51 years old and I never even ran a mile in high school.

That is amazing! I'm in the same boat! Was never a runner in HS. How's the bridge going? I'm thinking of doing that too.

Good luck!!!
  • kriskerans
    kriskerans Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Yeah, just sign up for my 2nd 5K .. commitment day at Long Beach, CA 1-1-13...what a way to start the New Year.....
  • jmilitante
    Options
    I graduated on 8/14/2012. It was a tough 2+ months, but I am surprised at far I have gone since starting the program. I remember having to run for 5 minutes before walking and thinking I was going to die. I was so out of shape I ran my first 5k with a time over 40 minutes. I have been running multiple 5k races during the summer and early fall. I have been able to get my time to just over 33 minutes. I have another 5k I am running in early January with hopes to get under 32 minutes.

I have since started the 5k to 10k app and I have been surprising myself even more. I can now run over 5 miles without stopping. Although it is taking me 60 minutes to run 5 miles, I did it without taking a break. This is from a person who ran their first mile without stopping this year. My ultimate goal is to be able to race in a 15k by next November and be able to run 5ks in less than 30 minutes.

I love this program. It had also helped me lose weight and gain muscle.
  • SueMGordon
    Options
    I've just finished and extended the run to ensure I had covered 5k. It took 34 mins. I know it is slow but I was alternating 5.5mph with 5 mph for the first 2/3rds. I can hardly believe it!

I'm planning to have a try and the 5k+ programs to improve speed. I might even venture outside but this wet weather doesn't look tempting,
  • JanisAtki
    JanisAtki Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Firstly, CONGRATULATIONS to everyone in the previous posts.
    I finished C25K Week 9 yesterday and stretched it out to do the 5km (actually I'm pretty sure my GPS tricked me into an 200m but that is just a bonus) in 37 min. I ran my first 5km fun run after week 6 in 47mins so I'm absolutely stoked. I'm starting on C210K tomorrow and plan to run my first 10km in Feb.
  • pet1127
    pet1127 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    C25K is finished yay they say I am suposed to beable to run 5 km in 40 min haha they funny Today it took 56 min for 5 km slow but steady Won the race
  • kaymac1908
    kaymac1908 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 8! Yay!!!
  • loril13
    loril13 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I graduated on 12/29/2012. The app gave me an 11:41min/mile pace. With the 5 minute warm up and cool down, endomonda gives me 3.41 miles in 41:12 with an average pace of 12:04. At almost 43 years old, considering prior to Labor Day weekend 2012 I had never willingly run any distance in my life, I am very pleased with my progress.

I move on to 5k to 10k on the New Year.
  • Philllbis
    Philllbis Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I graduated on 1/4/2013. I doubled up the days from day one so I was running 6 days a week. I'm now on to the 5k to 10K program and so far so good! I'm looking to run my first 5K and 10Ks this spring.