Graduation Announcements!

Options

Replies

• hellotherecupcake
    Options
    I think it can be whatever you consider graduating. :)

I finished the program yesterday and ran 3.24 (or 7, not sure :) miles in 30:42 seconds. :) I really enjoy running now!
  • Kjngrrl
    Kjngrrl Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My last day was October 6th. It felt wonderful. I think back to that first run. It hurt so badly. I could barely make the 60 seconds of running time and I wasn't sure I'd be able to do it again. But mind over matter, I persevered. Each week, I continued to surprise myself. I run my first 5K on Saturday, October 13th and I'm not dreading it, but looking foward to it. This will be a HUGE milestone in my life.

Go Me!
  • Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    My last day was a few weeks ago. I ran based on time and the 30 minutes was not 5k for me. Now I'm working on getting to the 5k :)
  • Ajasper83
    Ajasper83 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    First off congrats to everyone who has finished! I just finished W9D3 and for good measure I put the app on open run and I ran 5k in 37 minutes. I have NEVER ran 3 miles in a row in my life until today! I never thought in my life I would say I enjoy running. My first 5k is November 10th :)
  • tvbwgirl
    Options
    Today I finished the program. For the first time in months I'm proud of myself !!!
  • rogarr
    rogarr Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    congrats tvb !!
  • rogarr
    rogarr Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    as of today, I am a C25k graduate....I FEEL GREAT !!!!!!! :-)
  • MsBrdlv
    MsBrdlv Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Graduated yesterday!! Now it's time to work on speed and distance............registered for my first 5K, taking place on December 1st. Looking forward to it! Yes.........I just said I was looking forward to running a 5K!! lol! :happy:
  • alerica1
    alerica1 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I graduated last Friday. Never thought I would be able to run that far non-stop! Looking forward to a 5K on Thanksgiving morning. :)
  • Needtobefitandslimagain
    Options
    I completed Couch 2 5 K today! Woop Woop! :)

Now to work on my speed and maybe onto a 10k!
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Today 10-27-12 was my final C25K workout which also happened to be my first 5k race. I ran the local Susan G. Komen 5k in 35:02. Super excited! Small steps for large results!
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I graduated about 3 weeks ago! It felt awesome! I am now running 35-45 minutes, 3-4 days a week and loving it! I love running!
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I just ran my first 5k tonight. Actually, per Endomondo, it was 3.14 miles (just wanted a bit of padding in case the GPS was off a bit). I'm so excited.

I started out doing C25k but then joined a running group and didn't really follow the program closely after that. Just ran a bit farther each time without stopping to walk. I vividly remember how hard the first few weeks of C25k were for me so I'm really proud of myself.

Now I need to work on pace and speed. Will be running my first official 5k race later this month, a Turkey Trot. I don't explain to place in my age group but I'm going to be thrilled to go the distance.
  • grum84
    grum84 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Week 9, Day 3 is done. Can jog greater than 30 minutes, but still have to take a quick 1 minute walk in there. First 5K is this weekend and will post how it goes.
  • cmacphee3
    cmacphee3 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I finished today!!!!

I didn't run 5k because I ran the program too slow, but I finished Week 9 today, and when I get back from a trip, I'm going to start over and run faster this time.

I still don't feel like a runner, but hopefully the next time through the program will get me feeling more like it.

I am so proud of myself because when I started I could barely make it through one minute :D

Go me!
  • evanesco
    Options
    I graduated on 31/10/2012. I've applied for a place in the Asics 26.2 Paris Marathon next year.
  • sjd2007
    Options
    I am starting today. Any suggestions?
  • yogaga1
    yogaga1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Hurray! I made it!!!

Graduated this morning- ended up running 3.82 miles in the 30 minutes. YAHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Just a few months ago I couldn't even climb a flight of stairs without being out of breath. LOOK AT ME NOW! :)
  • robyn0123
    robyn0123 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just graduated!! my first 5K is in 1 week and I'm really excited. I started a 10K plan and did the first run today!
  • thenewmrsgant
    thenewmrsgant Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I graduated today!!! I am so proud of myself! This is just the beginning I am going to continue to run because I truly do love it. And I love how it makes me feel about myself!

Nov. 19, 2012 Graduate!!! :drinker: