Replies

• GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Graduates! :drinker:
  • DeadsAndDoritos
    DeadsAndDoritos Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    It's so great to read everyone's announcements! Congratulations to you all. It is such a great program and I am now a graduate too! :smile:

Completed Week 9 Day 3 yesterday: 4.26km in 30 mins. Taking part in my first run in 2 weeks so will be working on increasing my speed a bit.
  • Skye_NS
    Skye_NS Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I graduated about 40 minutes ago!

My first official 5k is The Color Run in 3 weeks.

I actually love running! Never thought it would be me, but I'm glad it is!!!

Congratulations on your graduation! If you don't mind me asking, where are you doing your color run? I'm signed up to do one on the 28th =)
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    All you new graduates! Get up and dance, you just became a success story!

939e2-gifhappydance.gif?w=400&h=277
  • FaithtoHope
    FaithtoHope Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Had never run before in my life and could hardly get through the 60 seconds of running I was expected to get through in week 1, but now I am a graduate. I GRADUATED LAST WEEK THURSDAY AND ACTUALLY STARTED THE BRIDGE TO 10K TODAY! Failed miserably this morning at my first attempt at B210K (could only get through 2 intervals of 8 min runs with 1 minute walking in between); not sure why since I just ran 30 minutes straight a few days ago. However, after C25K, I have much more confidence in my ablity to get through this program.

I am yet to run a 5K:-) but I have one scheduled on the 29th of this month. I am a little anxious that I won't make it through since I graduated c25k running at a pace of 12:17 min mile, for a total of 2:44 miles in 30 minutes, but that is what is giving me the fuel to keep training and increasing my distance.

Great job to all the graduates and those who will be graduating C25K soon. You can do it!!!!
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is a pretty average pace for finishing c25k so I am sure you won't have any problems with your race. The b210k training will help your stamina.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Totally awesome, Faith!!!
    Failed miserably this morning at my first attempt at B210K (could only get through 2 intervals of 8 min runs with 1 minute walking in between); not sure why since I just ran 30 minutes straight a few days ago.

Because you were going too fast. LOL.
  • Rindy12
    Rindy12 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I graduated this morning!! My first official 5K is September 22. I did the timed version so I haven't actually run the full distance yet. I'm going to do that on Saturday and then start the B210K program next week.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of all of you. :flowerforyou:
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    All you new graduates! Get up and dance, you just became a success story!

939e2-gifhappydance.gif?w=400&h=277

This!!

Had to repost, I wanted to see it again :) Rock on all!
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Rindy and good luck on the 22nd!
  • GCPgirl
    GCPgirl Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I graduated C25K!!!! I ran my first 5k on Sunday...it was a Color Run and it was so much fun especially since I got to do it with my sister, nephew, cousin and friends.

I am signing up for my next one, a Zombie Run on October 26th.

This is truly addicting!!!
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I graduated C25K!!!! I ran my first 5k on Sunday...it was a Color Run and it was so much fun especially since I got to do it with my sister, nephew, cousin and friends.

Congratulations and nice picture!
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I graduated TODAY:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: A feat I thought I could never accomplish!

And I lost 13 pounds in the process (using MFP, of course). I was 220 the day I started C25K, and was 207 this morning. I am 38.

I didn't repeat weeks, but I did repeat a couple of days here and there. I also did not follow instructions and mostly did my sessions every other day and finished up in about 6 weeks. I was just that motivated! No pains, aches or blisters, either.

I want to work on my speed over the next month and see what happens. I have no plans to enter a 5K, as I'm not up to that distance in my running yet, but it's definitely something to think about- maybe by spring?
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I graduated TODAY:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: A feat I thought I could never accomplish!

And I lost 13 pounds in the process (using MFP, of course). I was 220 the day I started C25K, and was 207 this morning. I am 38.

I didn't repeat weeks, but I did repeat a couple of days here and there. I also did not follow instructions and mostly did my sessions every other day and finished up in about 6 weeks. I was just that motivated! No pains, aches or blisters, either.

I want to work on my speed over the next month and see what happens. I have no plans to enter a 5K, as I'm not up to that distance in my running yet, but it's definitely something to think about- maybe by spring?

Congratulations on graduating and losing 13 pounds! :flowerforyou:

Congrats on the graduation annnd on doing your first race so soon afterwards! You really are addicted; two races in 2 months! :bigsmile:
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    GCPgirl - CONGRATS! I soo wish their had been a "fun" 5k to sign up for when I graduated but our color run was about week 5 of the program for me. Good luck at the Zombie run!

CTcutie - Look at you! You did amazing!! Congratualtions!
  • Stephanie198907
    Stephanie198907 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    September 17th, 2013
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Congrats Grads! Wow, love all these new graduations all the time. Woo hoo! Rock on!
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I graduated yesterday! In the rain, with a cough, so it was somewhat less triumphant than I had hoped :/

I'm so excited to move forward though, adding minutes and distance. My first 5K is the Chicago Hot Chocolate in November, I cannot wait!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!