Graduation Announcements!

Options

Replies

• sunkissed1109
    sunkissed1109 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I finished the program last night! Need to work on my speed, but the fact that I can run 35 minutes and not stop is AMAZING to me!
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all 3 of you!!!! Woo hoo! An amazing accomplishment!
  • JenniferPlus2
    JenniferPlus2 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I ran week 9 day 3 run today. I hit a PR of 47:45. I put that out there even though it is not near as fast as everyone else's because I know there are people that are slower like myself and I want them to know it is ok. The important thing is that you are doing this. My 5K is July 13th. So excited!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Wow! I haven't check this thread for awhile. So many graduates! What accomplishment! You all rock!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I graduated this morning! The past 9 weeks have been amazing. I still can't run a full 5K in 30 minutes, but including my 5 minute warm-up and cool-down walks I'm up to 3.14 miles in 40 minutes. I'm registered for a 5K on August 10 and another on September 28 to keep me motivated to keep training.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Finished w9d3 this morning!

Stats:
    Started April 19
    Gall Bladder surgery June 6
    Finished July 12

Total distance run: 80.28 miles
    Including warm up and cool down: 104.31 miles

Fastest pace: 10:59 min/mi

Haven't found a 5k race to sign up for yet, but will be running at least 5k with my brother when I visit him in Washington, DC in a couple of weeks.
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Finished w9d3 this morning!

Stats:
    Started April 19
    Gall Bladder surgery June 6
    Finished July 12

Total distance run: 80.28 miles
    Including warm up and cool down: 104.31 miles

Fastest pace: 10:59 min/mi

Haven't found a 5k race to sign up for yet, but will be running at least 5k with my brother when I visit him in Washington, DC in a couple of weeks.

Congrats!!! And holy smokes on getting through and losing so little time even with gall bladder surgery. That's a serious surgery. WOW!!!
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Finished the C25k program, time version. I'm only covering a little over 1.8 miles in the 30 minutes, and that's on relatively flat ground, but I'm running the whole 30 minutes! Now on to 5 to 10k, time version. I'm running two 5ks in the Fall and plan to work all summer to be able to do them.
  • shelleycolton
    shelleycolton Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    OMG, guess what? I just graduated! The running 30mins non stop covered 2.5miles! I weigh 239lbs and its possible. At week 5 I thought never ever i must have repeated that week 2 or 3 times before moving on, also week 7 was tough. But here i am and ive done it! Well what next think i'm going to do the C210K and push my speed up too. So happy right now! When you put your mind to it, anything is possible!
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I finished today! Woo hoo :) I got about 2 1/2 miles in the 30 minutes, but that's a much faster pace than a few weeks ago, so I'm getting there. I'm going to run a 5k in about two weeks.
  • btsinmd
    Options
    I finished today! Woo hoo :) I got about 2 1/2 miles in the 30 minutes, but that's a much faster pace than a few weeks ago, so I'm getting there. I'm going to run a 5k in about two weeks.

Great! Is your son running the 5k too?
  • dandelyon
    Options

I signed him up and he's half excited, half upset because I've already warned him we aren't going to come in first (he has high functioning autism and is very black-and-white when it comes to winning/losing) , but I have to mentally prepare myself to walk that last mile with him since I am can be black and white about my personal goals as well.
  • btsinmd
    Options

I signed him up and he's half excited, half upset because I've already warned him we aren't going to come in first (he has high functioning autism and is very black-and-white when it comes to winning/losing) , but I have to mentally prepare myself to walk that last mile with him since I am can be black and white about my personal goals as well.

Good Luck to both of you and, who knows, he might come in first place in his age group. If so, that could be a nice surprise for him.
  • dandelyon
    Options

Good Luck to both of you and, who knows, he might come in first place in his age group. If so, that could be a nice surprise for him.

Thanks, it's not a huge event (nothing in our area is huge) so it's a possibility!
  • likitisplit
    Options
    And we have 6 new graduates!!! Great job!
  • lexoxoc
    lexoxoc Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    A little late posting this but I finished C25K the first week of July! My average run time was 9:35 pace :) now I'm onto the 5K10K program!
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I graduated on Wednesday of this week. :) My 5K is scheduled for next Sunday (as in a week from this Sunday).
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Great job, Alex and Lyerin!!!
  • dandelyon
    Options
    Way to go, guys! Lyerin, my first 5K is the same day :)
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,157 Member
    Options
    I graduated this morning and lived to tell about it! I remember reading the weekly intervals and thinking "no freakin' way!" but it's entirely possible and I'm proud of myself. I still run like a turtle in mud, but will continue to work on the endurance and speed. I have a "walker girl" decal on my car, I guess I can go buy the "runner girl" one.