Graduation Announcements!

Options

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Completed W9D3 this morning, so happy and surprised myself that at 50 years old I managed to complete the whole program and now I can run for 30 minutes straight, just a few short weeks ago I struggled to do the 1.5 minutes of jogging, Now moving on to the 5k to 10k program, need to increase speed and distance and have signed up for first 5k fun run August 25th. :smile:

Congrats!
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Completed W9D3 this morning, so happy and surprised myself that at 50 years old I managed to complete the whole program and now I can run for 30 minutes straight, just a few short weeks ago I struggled to do the 1.5 minutes of jogging, Now moving on to the 5k to 10k program, need to increase speed and distance and have signed up for first 5k fun run August 25th. :smile:
    Congratulations! Maybe we'll see you over at the Bridge to 10K group.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

Great job! Let us know how the 5k goes!
  • destructor2013
    Options
    Well I never thought I'd be able to do something like this given that I've been mainly sedentary the majority of my life, but after 11 weeks I'm done! I finished W9D3 today. After not being to even run for 30 seconds back at the end of May, I'm now able to run for 30 minutes without stopping. I am amazed. Everyone who knows me well is amazed as well. I'm still not to my goal of health/weight/etc., but I know if I keep on this type of path I can make it. This is the longest I've ever stuck with any kind of exercise and I am someone who has always hated/dreaded/despised exercise in all forms. I hate exercising in public too but yet I was able to do this around my neighborhood. Thankfully I had awesome podcasts to listen to. Don't know if I'd make it without that. Now it's on to the 5K to 10K program and I'm considering doing an actual 5K race later this year perhaps.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Yay, Destructor!!! Meet us over on the Bridge to 10k board: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/543-bridge-to-10k
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Destructor and Mabelton !
    Good Luck in your future running.
  • destructor2013
    Options
    Thanks! :-) I plan on starting B210K on Monday. Looking forward to it.
  • IowaJen1979
    IowaJen1979 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I ran my last C25K day on August 9. I ran 2.63 miles, so I don't know if I would necessarily call that my graduation day. On August 13 I ran 3 miles in 33 minutes - my personal best! I signed up for my first ever 5K on September 22. I still have a hard time calling myself a "runner", after years of telling myself I couldn't do it, but I am! Can't wait to cross that finish line!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I ran my last C25K day on August 9. I ran 2.63 miles, so I don't know if I would necessarily call that my graduation day. On August 13 I ran 3 miles in 33 minutes - my personal best! I signed up for my first ever 5K on September 22. I still have a hard time calling myself a "runner", after years of telling myself I couldn't do it, but I am! Can't wait to cross that finish line!

Congrats!
  • likitisplit
    Options

Congratulations! That's 9 weeks of work and you are completely capable of running an entire 5k, so I'd call that graduation. You aren't guaranteed a job when you get a diploma either.
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Do I get a badge? :bigsmile:

I'm not usually the most dedicated of people when it comes to exercise regimes but this has really got me going and I plan to continue for as long as my stumpy little legs will carry me :)

Who knows, I could do something silly like plan to run a half marathon next year lol
  • likitisplit
    Options
    That is so awesome, Yamsteroo.

Yes. You get a badge. It's permanently engraved on your heart.

Looking forward to hearing about your half marathon training :)
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    lol .... maybe I'll hit my next target of 5k sub 30mins first but thanks for the vote of confidence
  • CaliRochelle
    CaliRochelle Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Finished this morning (8/17/13). It was a great run. I'm very slow, but it doesn't bother me at all. Going to look into 10k training. We shall see.
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Congratulations yamsteroo and CaliRochelle! I bet you feel awesome now :D
  • 230137isntmyweight
    230137isntmyweight Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Isn't it amazing what we can do when we set our minds to it!
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    This evening I ran 5.26K! I am beyond happy! I was aiming for 5K but my tracker was set to miles and I couldn't remember how many it was :laugh: I knew it was just over 3 so I kept running to make sure I'd made it. My time was just under 39 minutes but I'm not really bothered about that.

I am so glad I did this programme and stuck with it. Am I really the same person who fought every second of those 60 second intervals in the first week and genuinely thought I might die before the end of the 20 minutes??

I love to run, I love to get out in the evening after a day cooped up in the office, breathing in the fresh air, watching the sunset, feeling my blood pumping (and hearing my loud panting and occasional gasp :wink: ) What a revelation for this lazy couch potato!

I have also loved this group, I've found great inspiration and support from all of you amazing people, so thank you for that :flowerforyou:
  • likitisplit
    Options
    What a great transformation! Whenever anybody tells me that they "don't run" now, I get a little sad for their inner runner.
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Sounds corny but I feel like I've found something I've been missing all my life. I feel so balanced.

I can tell I'm going to be annoying all my friends by constantly trying to recruit them! Although one person I recommended C25K to is on week 6 and loving it so maybe my work is done :bigsmile:
  • bttrthanevr
    bttrthanevr Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    What a great transformation! Whenever anybody tells me that they "don't run" now, I get a little sad for their inner runner.
    Sounds corny but I feel like I've found something I've been missing all my life. I feel so balanced.

I can tell I'm going to be annoying all my friends by constantly trying to recruit them! Although one person I recommended C25K to is on week 6 and loving it so maybe my work is done :bigsmile:

True and true!!! I know exactly how you feel!!! Welcome to the rest of your wonderful running life! :-)!!!!