Graduation Announcements!

Options

Replies

• jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Just did my first 5k race yesterday! I started c25k in early November and completed in late January. I worked on my own with the NHS 5k+ podcasts. Happy to say that I met my goals - not to stop running and to come in under 45 minutes. I didn't stop and finished in 39:43. Now to keep on going and find my next race!!!

Congrats to you that's AWESOME!!! Yippee!!!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Great job AggroAce! What a wonderful share.

hlsc - I have my first running 5k on Sunday and under 40 mins is my goal, so I'm pretty impressed by your time. Fingers crossed!
  • bttrthanevr
    bttrthanevr Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Vardaeml-Can't wait to hear how your race goes! Good Luck!!!!
  • jessiekanga
    Options
    Great job AggroAce! What a wonderful share.

hlsc - I have my first running 5k on Sunday and under 40 mins is my goal, so I'm pretty impressed by your time. Fingers crossed!

Good luck! You'll be awesome! And I'll be sending a slight wind at your back!
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I did it! I graduated C25K !!!

Now I have to find a 5K to run. I will be running 30 min once a week and want to take it outside once the weather warms up!!
  • jessiekanga
    Options
    I did it! I graduated C25K !!!

Now I have to find a 5K to run. I will be running 30 min once a week and want to take it outside once the weather warms up!!

Congrats that's fantastic! Woo hoo!!!
  • dogladytwo
    dogladytwo Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Graduated! Completed at a 5mph pace, now I work on speeding up the pace. I run my first ever 5K on April 6th!. :love:
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Graduated! Completed at a 5mph pace, now I work on speeding up the pace. I run my first ever 5K on April 6th!. :love:

Awesome , congrats!!
  • dogladytwo
    Options

Awesome , congrats!!

Same to you! fantastic feeling, isn't it? :flowerforyou:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Yay dog- and sixpack- ladies! Can you believe it? 99.9 percent of the people around you can't run for 30 straight minutes.
  • dogladytwo
    Options
    Yay dog- and sixpack- ladies! Can you believe it? 99.9 percent of the people around you can't run for 30 straight minutes.

thank you! yes, I am floored that I can run that long! I have had steady progress in my fitness this past year and this is the icing on that proverbial cake. thanks for being such a great cheerleader and on your own accomplishment! PROOF THAT WE ALL CAN DO THIS! (If I can, anyone can!):drinker:
  • jlmed
    jlmed Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I forgot to post this but on Sat March 9th I completed the C25K program running 35 minutes straight. A great accomplishment and I am pretty proud of myself :) I am running my first 5K in 2 weeks so now I just need to figure out the best way to do my runs for the next 2 weeks.
  • jessiekanga
    Options
    I forgot to post this but on Sat March 9th I completed the C25K program running 35 minutes straight. A great accomplishment and I am pretty proud of myself :) I am running my first 5K in 2 weeks so now I just need to figure out the best way to do my runs for the next 2 weeks.

Yay!!! Congrats to you and good luck! If you're doing 35 minutes, you'll be FINE :) Keep doing what you're doing.
    Nice!!!
  • pandoraw
    pandoraw Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I did it! I completed the C25K Today! I ran for 30 min today and ran 2.2 miles.
    It took me 12 weeks.
  • jessiekanga
    Options
    Yay!!! Congrats to you, fantastic!!!!! Woo hooo!
  • anne2605
    anne2605 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Woop woop! I graduated today. I started on 6th Jan and other than 1 week where I had an ear infection, I managed to run every other day. I feel exhausted and giddy, a bit like the feeling I had when I gave birth to my first born! :happy:
  • jessiekanga
    Options
    Yay! Nicely done!!! So very happy for you!
  • wadedawg
    wadedawg Posts: 315
    Options
    Just completed the program. I ran 3.1 miles continuously for the first time in my life. It took me 40 minutes or so, but i did it. I could definitely not have done it in this short a time period without this program.
  • meredithfp
    meredithfp Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Yay me! I graduated last week and completed my first 5K race today. So. Much. Fun. And I was disappointed when it was over! Now I'm on to improving my speed!
  • jessiekanga
    Options
    Congrats to both of you, that's fantastic! Nice perseverance, and glad you're having fun too!