Graduation Announcements!

Options

Replies

• rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I was too scared to post this before because I wasn't really sure if I should post this before or after my actual 5K race. My race isn't until Saturday, but I am posting this now because I just ran 5K down by the river and at the end I was hardly tired. I think I am ready to start moving on up and doing bridge. I have the 5K this weekend and then will be shifting to running a 10K.

Thank you everyone for your support!

Oh...and a quick you know when you are a runner when:

exercise.png

You walk/run 70+ miles in a month! Woot!
  • bttrthanevr
    bttrthanevr Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    WOOT WOOT!!! That is so awesome!!!! Congratulations, rduhlir!!!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Wow! Look at all the graduates!!!!

I've had a sick kid, so I haven't been able to check in as regularly. But I'm so excited for you all. I was reading that, like learning how to ride a bicycle, it's never as difficult to get back into condition as this first time.

I totally agree with Anne about the birth experience too.
  • davidbronkalla
    davidbronkalla Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I finally finished last night! I started January 17th, so I ended right on time. On my last day, i completed 3.38 miles including the warm up and cool down. Throughout the program, i went 65.6 miles in 14:54:30 for an average pace of 13:38 per mile. Now it is time for the weather to warm up and I can finally start running outside and complete a 5K. This was a big accomplishment for me as I started the program at 245 lbs but ended at 230.
  • pkrichar
    pkrichar Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Very happy to say that today I graduated. Started the program in January completes the three mikes this morning. Registered for first 5k the 21 of April. Thanks all for the motivation to keep going.
  • sarahhorrigan
    sarahhorrigan Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I graduated yesterday - 30th March. Am still blown away by the fact that I can manage 30 minutes of running non-stop when I could barely get to 45 seconds back in January. The fact that I really enjoy it and want to keep on running... plus ran 3 miles for fun today is amazing to me as well.

LOVE C25K - would recommend it to anyone. I was obese when I started, I'm not now... and I can feel how much fitter I am and it's brilliant.

Sarah :)
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Wow, congrats to all of you! Holy smokes, it's been a busy couple of days. Congrats, congrats, congrats!
  • Froody2
    Froody2 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Fantastically well done to all the recent grads ....you all ROCK! :flowerforyou:
  • fitfunk
    fitfunk Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I finished over the weekend - 30 minutes straight. It felt good! All last year I trained for distance, using walk/run intervals. Having completed the C25k, I'd like to continue running 3x per week and work on getting stronger/faster.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Congratulations to our four new runners! Like all commencements - this isn't the end of C25k, it's the beginning of a lifetime of running! I wish you joy!
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I acutally forgot to post here when I graduated! I finished about 3 weeks ago;) I hope to continue to run about 3 times a week and try to gain a little speed along the way. Best of luck to everyone, this is such a great program!!
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Yay WAHM!!!
  • sammiz1
    sammiz1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo!! Just finished my last run of C2 5K program!!! I am currently signed up to do a 5K the end of May and a 5K obstacle course run in July. But am considering picking up any other 5K that might come up.

So excited!!

Hope everyone had a great week end!
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Congrats that's fantastic!!! Good luck with your upcoming 5k's. My first reall one is in less than 2 weeks. Wow!!!! it's amazing to think of how far we've come, isn't it:) You're fantastic!
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Great job, sammiz! Can you believe that *you* can run for 30 minutes straight? It took me the longest time to wrap my head around that.
  • racerchick31
    racerchick31 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! :D I DID IT!! I finally completed the c25k today...well technically yesterday for me now, April 8, 2013! I'm super excited. I can't believe I can run for 30 minutes straight!

I hope to keep running 3x a week & improve on distance & speed. I'm a pretty slow runner but proud that I stuck with this! It took me 1 extra week due to sickness and weather....however YAY I did it! =)

Thank you for all the encouragement!
  • Julie_Donahue
    Julie_Donahue Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Graduated 4/9/03. And completed a (2nd) full 5K. First was 4/4 (58 minutes). This one was slower (59:41).
  • Froody2
    Froody2 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Yay, well done racerchick and Julie! It's a great feeling, isn't it :)

Before you know it you'll be sitting on the corner of awesome and bomdiggity, running further and faster than you thought possible :smokin:
  • sammiz1
    sammiz1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Awesome job everyone! It is such a great accomplishment!

Yes...It is still hard to believe that I can run for 30 minutes! Never thought I would see that day!
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! :D I DID IT!! I finally completed the c25k today...well technically yesterday for me now, April 8, 2013! I'm super excited. I can't believe I can run for 30 minutes straight!

I hope to keep running 3x a week & improve on distance & speed. I'm a pretty slow runner but proud that I stuck with this! It took me 1 extra week due to sickness and weather....however YAY I did it! =)

Thank you for all the encouragement!

Congrats!!! That is so amazing!