Graduation Announcements!

Options

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    It is a great achievement. Getting started. Motivating yourself each day for NINE WEEKS, through fatigue and the questioning (why am I doing this) and the individual challenges that each of us have. Getting together the mental stamina and equipment (shoes, playlist) and physical endurance to complete each run. You should be proud of yourself.

Yay, Julie and RacerChick!!!
  • stepnerd
    stepnerd Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Completed C25K on the 2nd of April, and I'm now doing the Five to 10K program!! Just did week 2 day 1 this morning :)
  • stoked2b
    stoked2b Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Graduated today April 14. Ran 35 minutes for 2.75 miles. Even though I'm done with the app I'm going to use the next few weeks to get to a full 3.1 miles running and do it in under 40 minutes. Going to have to come up with a plan to get to a 10 minute mile, but I'm hoping that will be easier as I lose more weight.
  • bttrthanevr
    bttrthanevr Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    It's official! I graduated today!!!! I completed W8D3 C25K and ran 3.1 in 41:59!!!! No walking! Not even on the hill that has been kicking my butt. With the warm up and cool down I made 4 miles total. My official 5K race is set for May 4th. I can't wait! I'm so happy!!!! I love running! Three months ago if you told me I would run 3 miles with out stopping I would have told you you were nuts. C25K is amazing!
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all our recent grads! Congrats to you! Amazing feeling isn't it:)
  • Froody2
    Froody2 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Stepnerd, cestokes and bttrthanevr well done!! It's a difficult thing you've done, so be proud of yourself :flowerforyou:
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    You guys are amazing!!!! Keep up the great work and inspiring the rest of us.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Congratulations you all! You are amazing for overcoming your challenges, getting out there and getting it done. Yay you!

The best way to get to a 10 minute mile is to keep running. I'm already down from a 15+ minute mile to a 12 minute mile (easy pace) without doing anything particularly special. If I did a 5k, I'd probably be just over a 10 minute mile.
  • ICarla
    ICarla Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone!! Truly encouraging.
  • cdbarger
    cdbarger Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    After starting C25K three times in three years, I finally finished last Saturday!!! I've done two 5k races while I was still in the program:

first: 55 min
    second: 49 min

I have a third in May, and would love to see my time keep going down, but I just found out I'm pregnant with #3, so I don't know if speeding up is in the cards for me this time! I am going to keep jogging 30 min 3X a week as long as I can because I feel great!
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Congrats on finishing C25K and your pregnancy!!!! Finishing the program is an awesome accomplishment. I agree that you should keep jogging but not try to push yourself too hard. There will be plenty of time for that later on :laugh:

After starting C25K three times in three years, I finally finished last Saturday!!! I've done two 5k races while I was still in the program:

first: 55 min
    second: 49 min

I have a third in May, and would love to see my time keep going down, but I just found out I'm pregnant with #3, so I don't know if speeding up is in the cards for me this time! I am going to keep jogging 30 min 3X a week as long as I can because I feel great!
  • kvossandrews
    kvossandrews Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Yay I have finished it. I like it that much that I have now started the next step which is 10km.

So proud of myself. I finially done something to the end and now want more and more.......

Well done to us all.....
  • bttrthanevr
    bttrthanevr Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Yay I have finished it. I like it that much that I have now started the next step which is 10km.

So proud of myself. I finially done something to the end and now want more and more.......

Well done to us all.....

You are doing awesome!!!!

I just did W1D1 of 10K tonight with the boys. It was strange doing the run/walk thing again, but I just tried to push harder than I normally would. Having the boys with me made it fun. The last interval was up a long steep hill. It was so funny to hear them exclaim their relief when the app dinged to let us walk again! We added three more intervals to it. They are excited to go again on Saturday!
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options

Well done to us all.....

Congrats! That's truly fantastic! Enjoy moving on :)
  • stoked2b
    stoked2b Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Graduated today April 14. Ran 35 minutes for 2.75 miles. Even though I'm done with the app I'm going to use the next few weeks to get to a full 3.1 miles running and do it in under 40 minutes. Going to have to come up with a plan to get to a 10 minute mile, but I'm hoping that will be easier as I lose more weight.

Update:
    4/16 ran 3.1 miles in 39:42
    4/18 ran 3.1 miles in 38:45

Now I feel like a true graduate :). Need to sign up for a race!
  • Stripeymitten
    Stripeymitten Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm a graduate! :drinker: Last day today, 19 April 2013, I feel knackered to be honest but elated. I may do week 9 for a couple more weeks to keep the structure of running 30 minutes regularly but then plan to move onto Bridge to 10k and try to build up my speed.
  • TdaniT
    TdaniT Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm a graduate! :drinker: Last day today, 19 April 2013, I feel knackered to be honest but elated. I may do week 9 for a couple more weeks to keep the structure of running 30 minutes regularly but then plan to move onto Bridge to 10k and try to build up my speed.

That is great! I have 2 weeks left.
  • Stripeymitten
    Stripeymitten Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    YOu can do it TdaniT :smile:
  • FestivalDiva
    FestivalDiva Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! :D I DID IT!! I finally completed the c25k today...well technically yesterday for me now, April 8, 2013! I'm super excited. I can't believe I can run for 30 minutes straight!

I hope to keep running 3x a week & improve on distance & speed. I'm a pretty slow runner but proud that I stuck with this! It took me 1 extra week due to sickness and weather....however YAY I did it! =)

Thank you for all the encouragement!

Well done!! That is a great achievement woohoo! Your speed is irrelevant right now, you are running 30mins straight you can now build gradually on your times....congrats

Amazing...Just reading through this thread ... Well done to ALL of you new grads, it's very inspiring to hear how you are all doing, CONGRATS to you all!!! :love: I'm on wk6 day3 tomorrow and your comments are spurring me on to finish the plan! Thanks for sharing!
  • mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options
    I officially finished the program today. I ran the whole 30mins, half of it with the wind in my face. That was good because it was my lunchbreak and very sunny, my face had all shades of red I guess.
    Then I walked home and I felt so happy that I added a slow kilometer around the little reservoir lake behind my house.

Thank you for all your support here, this group is fantastic! I will move on to bridge to 10k, I really enjoy running. But I will be here as well to cheer for you all.