Introductions & Welcomes

Options

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Hey gang!
    I know my profile says im 37 but I go by my Wii balance board prediction of 27!
    Last year it said 58.....
    Anywho!

*Waves*
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Hey gang!
    I know my profile says im 37 but I go by my Wii balance board prediction of 27!
    Last year it said 58.....
    Anywho!

*Waves*

Awesome - been a while, but I believe my last one had me 60+ :ohwell: Welcome to the group!
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newcomers! :smile:
  • G3tR1pp3d
    G3tR1pp3d Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I have been doing MFP for a little over a month. I am 33 years old and 6' 2". I am currently down to 237 but started off at 253 about 40 days ago. I am husband and father of 3 boys ages 2, 7 and 11. My wife and I are heading to the Bahamas mid May and I am working to get to 215 before we leave. My 2 year old will be joining us while the older boys have to stay for school. I am active outside of work and have lifted regularly 3+ times per week for over a year. Counting calories and adding some cardio is making weight loss go well.
    I only have a couple MFP friends and would like more motivation. I am currently after 12 pounds in the next 23 days. I dropped 25 pounds in about 35 days so if I get on track it is something I can accomplish. I need something to push me though. Focus my OCD on this and I will be sure to lose it :). I am new to groups so I have no idea what this will provide but I am hoping it is going to work well with iphone check in. I see there are weekly goals and think that could be great as long as it is easy to check in my results. Do I just enter my info normally and it gets pulled or do I have to post it all here too?
    Thanks for setting up the group!
  • susieq101178
    Options
    Hi all,
    I have been doing MFP for a little over a month. I am 33 years old and 6' 2". I am currently down to 237 but started off at 253 about 40 days ago. I am husband and father of 3 boys ages 2, 7 and 11. My wife and I are heading to the Bahamas mid May and I am working to get to 215 before we leave. My 2 year old will be joining us while the older boys have to stay for school. I am active outside of work and have lifted regularly 3+ times per week for over a year. Counting calories and adding some cardio is making weight loss go well.
    I only have a couple MFP friends and would like more motivation. I am currently after 12 pounds in the next 23 days. I dropped 25 pounds in about 35 days so if I get on track it is something I can accomplish. I need something to push me though. Focus my OCD on this and I will be sure to lose it :). I am new to groups so I have no idea what this will provide but I am hoping it is going to work well with iphone check in. I see there are weekly goals and think that could be great as long as it is easy to check in my results. Do I just enter my info normally and it gets pulled or do I have to post it all here too?
    Thanks for setting up the group!

Post on the Challenge thread, and welcome! :smile:
  • DerekG79
    DerekG79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,
    I am Derek. Been on MFP since late February. So far I have lost a little over 20 pounds but have a huge goal in front of me. I have noticed a big change in metabolism in the 30s. Anyway. I am a husband and dad. I want to get in shape for myself and my family. I have a long way to go. Glad to see there are a few guys in here..so i am not alone. lol. Anyway, you guys feel free to add me if you like. I look forward to this journey with you all!

Btw...anyone doing Power 90?
  • neurochamp
    neurochamp Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm Emma, 32, college prof (biology & psychology). I've been on MFP for about a year and I'd like to lose about 15-20lbs. I lost 10lbs or so last year, but I've gained back most of it (sort of fell off the bandwagon with logging food, and was a bit lazy on the exercise for a while, too). I'm about halfway through Jillian Michaels' Body Revolution, so at least I'm working out regularly now...but it's been a busy semester, so I'm hoping that summer vacation will let me focus and get back into better shape.
  • susieq101178
    Options
    Welcome, Emma! :happy:
  • Blueyz82
    Blueyz82 Posts: 151
    Options
    oh, duh, lol...btw everyone, my name is Jill. I realize while reading all the intros that when I posted mine, I never said my name! :smile:
  • susieq101178
    Options
    I'm Susan - but will answer to Susie . . . my niece and nephew still call "Aunt Susie" on occasion . . .
  • hcoburn37
    hcoburn37 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I'm Heather I just turned 38 two weeks ago. I recently had a 45 pound weight loss and now stumped with the last 20 pounds so I thought MFP could help me. I have two teen age sons (14 and 16) that keep me very busy. I also have a torn mensicus in one of my knees, an ankle that is awaiting a reconstruction and currently a shattered big toe after dropping a 25 pound weight on my foot at the gym. With all of that combined, I still try to get to the gym or do a jillian michaels video 4 times a week.

I'm hoping to get some support in these last 20 pounds!

Nice to meet you all
  • camsmommy2008
    Options
    Duh I have been posting on here for a hot second or two and forgot that I never said that beside being cams mommy I also go by Carrie :)
  • Blueyz82
    Blueyz82 Posts: 151
    Options
    Duh I have been posting on here for a hot second or two and forgot that I never said that beside being cams mommy I also go by Carrie :)

That's ok, I did the same thing!
  • SarLem81
    SarLem81 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Sarah. I'll be 31 next week. I managed to wreck my diet over the course of a few years and many excuses. Working full-time (desk job) and going to grad-school part-time really caused a problem, but I've yo-yo'ed weight-wise since graduating in 2009. In 2010 my mom passed away from complications due to diabetes (that's the easiest way for me to sum up what happened), and that was enough to scare me into focusing on my own health. I dropped quite a bit of weight initially, but I think I used working out as my way of dealing with grief. I had gotten back up to 162 by this past February and joined MFP after a friend told me about it. I'm down 17lbs so far thanks to eating better (but not dieting), going to the gym, running, and doing Zumba (I'm even an instructor now).

I would love some additional support as I try to lose another 25lbs!

Nice you meet you all. :happy:
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Welcome Sarah, looking forward to seeing you around the daily thread!
  • jaxygirl
    jaxygirl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My name is Jackie. Nice to meet all of you. Just wanted to check in a tell you a little bit about myself. I've been on a weight loss journey for the last 10 years and it's been slow and steady. I have a metabolic condition that tend to keep things very slow, so a loss of about 10lbs a year is all I get, and sometimes even less than that. And let's be honest, there have been some gains and yo yo's along the way.

I also run 1/2 marathons, and am training for my first full marathon this fall. By run, I mean a combination of jogging and speed walking :). In a perfect world I would also be training for a Tri, but I'm not that crazy...

If anyone is interested, I also have a blog that talks about weight loss and few other things. Check is out at http://whyweightitout.wordpress.com/.

Cheers,
    Jackie
  • SaraGrace82
    SaraGrace82 Posts: 232
    Options
    Jackie is also my real life friend, so she comes highly recommended! :-)

Hi Jackie!!

SG
  • jaxygirl
    jaxygirl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wait, there's a real life too? Weird...

I love being highly recommended!
  • uk_angeldust
    uk_angeldust Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hi all

How r u? I have joined MFP a year ago but been on in on and off! This time I am determined to stay. Recently turned 30 so I wan to live a fitter life! I want to feel better about myself & live a healthier lifestyle.
    At the beginning of 2011 I got into running and so far, I did two official races, mostly for charity. In a few years, I want to run a marathon :)
    Currently I am doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred which is kicking my *kitten*!
    Feel free to add me!

xoxo Fat Fighter
  • SaraGrace82
    SaraGrace82 Posts: 232
    Options
    Two weeks since someone introduced themselves?!?

Come on lurkers. I know you are out there... Say hello! :-)