Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Ravenclaw Common Room

Replies

• kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 434 Member
    @LordBezoar Nathan Fillion in anything (especially with tight pants) = AWESOME!... :laugh:

AFM - I slept in this morning and was late to work. I missed breakfast so I have to try and add those calories in throughout the day. After work I am either going to take my kids for a hike or take my son to see The Avengers. Haven't decided yet.

Have an awesome day everyone!!! :flowerforyou:

Datenshi

Not that a hike wouldn't be wonderful, but I seriously loved The Avengers. Good stuff - I recommend it! :)
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Prefects for this week are......

Datenshi and MomofJandA! Well done you two!

Special mention to Azsuzi who came very close- Datenshi only beat you on exercise minutes.

Well done to: _gwen, azsuzi, blackhawkgirl91, CivicSista, datenshi, karinane, kellyisfat, Korkster, LadyBezoar, LordBezoar, MatchaMatcha, aaaand, finally, rosesquelettique? All you guys lost this week, excellent news! Big shout out to LadyBezoar for losing the highest %- 0.82%, good effort!
  • Matchamatcha
    Matchamatcha Posts: 158 Member
    In other news, I'm still working my way through Buffy (I have only ever watched an episode here and there before) and I'm not sure where I was going with this, but... Nathan Fillion as an Evil Preacher-man == AWESOME!
    @LordBezoar Nathan Fillion in anything (especially with tight pants) = AWESOME!... :laugh:

Datenshi

Hear hear! That man is mighty fine.:love::bigsmile: . I really need to rewatch Buffy and Serenity again in the next few months.

I had my second session at Boot Camp today, still doing ok but my stomach muscles are so very sore. It hurts to laugh or sneeze. Today, we had a circuit, and instead of being a timed rotation one person had to run up the stairs to the second floor, along that floor, down the next set of stairs 3 times and tag the next person. So everyone was going as fast as they could because the whole group was relying on them to do so - except one girl who totally piked out and had a big melodramatic whinge & roll on the floor after getting a cramp from holding a plank (trainer had no sympathy for her lol) and decided to just walk it. I was stuck doing shoulder presses for 5 minutes :grumble:. You could just feel everyone glaring at her all across the floor, it was so funny/awkward :laugh:. I completely get that it's hard to push yourself and get fit, but if you go so easy on yourself and just walk or lie there instead of trying, what is the point of even being there? I was like girl you're getting up at 5:30am and paying $12 a session to be here, make it worthwhile!
  • rosesquelettique
    rosesquelettique Posts: 38 Member
    Happy Wednesday Ravenclaws! Congrats prefects and keep up the good work everyone! I'm really excited summer is here--An old swim teammate of mine just moved back home and we are going to get each other into shape! Have a great day guys!
  • datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    AFM - I slept in this morning and was late to work. I missed breakfast so I have to try and add those calories in throughout the day. After work I am either going to take my kids for a hike or take my son to see The Avengers. Haven't decided yet.

Not that a hike wouldn't be wonderful, but I seriously loved The Avengers. Good stuff - I recommend it! :)

I ended up taking my 7 yr old son to see the Avengers and you are right it was awesome!

2 days down, 2 to go until my 4 day weekend. So far the weather is supposed to be really nice all weekend. I will probably spend a lot of it hiking. I am in a major funk and need some major me time and to be out in the open, out of the house.

I am so honoured to be Prefect again. Thank you so much. :flowerforyou:

Take care,
    Datenshi :drinker:
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,035 Member
    good morning everyone!!!

not much to report today- my school budget passed so I have a job next year (not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing :wink: ), took another day off running- and somehow lost weight, signed up for my first half marathon in September (:noway: )- you know same old same old
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Blarg... In some ways, today is my Friday--which is a good thing, the downside of the situation is that I have two days of driving ahead of me... le sigh.
  • CivicSista
    CivicSista Posts: 459 Member
    Hey everyone! My long extended "weekend" is over and I go back to work tonight. On a good note, got back from the doctor yesterday and I don't have cancer :) :Happy dance: I will know more in a couple weeks, when I go back and we discuss the biopsy they took. I have been so out of it the last week, really slacked on working out. Time to get back into the groove of things.

Enjoy the rest of the week.

Tracy
  • datenshi
    Hey everyone! My long extended "weekend" is over and I go back to work tonight. On a good note, got back from the doctor yesterday and I don't have cancer :) :Happy dance: I will know more in a couple weeks, when I go back and we discuss the biopsy they took. I have been so out of it the last week, really slacked on working out. Time to get back into the groove of things.

Tracy

I am so glad to hear things turned out okay with your biopsy.

Take care,

Datenshi
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Hello Ravenclaw and happy Wednesday!!

@CivicSista - that is great news! Thank you for sharing that with us! :drinker:

I'm counting the days to my vacation. I am so excited to be going home for a week - I'll see my sisters, mom, dad, stepmom, nieces, nephews... I haven't seen them for at least two years and some of them even longer. I wish I could've talked my son into going with me, but maybe a week to myself is just what I need! PLUS - none of them have seen me since I lost weight!!

Back to work I go - have a super day everyone!
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Happy Hump Day!

Today was mixed for me - I did great on food, even got to the store and bought lots of fresh fruit and veggies, but was foiled on the exercise front - first the apt gym was blocked because they were painting, then I tried to run but my leg was really bothering me, the pain seems to be spreading (was more like sciatica today), so all I could do is walk :sad: I'm going to have to lay off of it for a few days and try to get it healed up right (of course, tomorrow night is the last running class of this session - debating on whether or not to skip it - will see how the leg feels tomorrow). It is getting warm enough to swim, so I can start adding that into the mix, and next week I'm heading back to weight lifting class - hopefully more variety will help keep me off the injured list :-)

@CivicSista - that's wonderful! You must be so relieved - so happy for you :flowerforyou:
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 434 Member

Tracy

So, so wonderful to hear that! Hope all the rest of your news is just as uplifting! :)
  • brittlynn07
    brittlynn07 Posts: 382 Member
    @CivicSista- So glad you got some good news!!!

Happy Thursday everyone! This new medicine my dr put me on apparently makes me dizzy! I'm so glad that I only have to take it twice a week.
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,035 Member

Tracy

so glad you got some good news :happy:
  • datenshi
    Goooooood Mooooooooorniiiiing Ravenclaws!!!!

(a la Good Morning Vietnam)

Today is my Friday and I get a four day weekend which I have been looking forward to since the Easter four day weekend. :laugh:

I am going to kick butt when it comes to exercise this weekend since I plan on doing lots of hiking. I will think of an exercise challenge though that is a challenge to me too. I liked that one about working out a new muscle group but it has been done so I'll try to come up with something equally fair to all.

My daughter entered her teen years with a vengeance so I am really stressed out about her behaviour. She doesn't drink, smoke, do drugs, or have the S word that I know of but she is so self absorbed and selfish and inconsiderate that it is extremely frustrating to even talk to her. It's one of the big reasons I go hiking, to blow off some steam, feel good about myself and try to stave off the physical symptoms of stress I get. Well, at least it is helping me get in shape and improve my cardio.

Well I hope you all have a truly fantastic day! :flowerforyou:

Datenshi
  • lottee1000
    Yay for civicSista for good news! And yay to datenshi that you get a long weekend!
    I have just done a super long run, then swum, and stayed under cals with a vengeance today, so am feeling super smug... :-)
    Only one more day to the weekend, yay!
  • lottee1000
    Yay for civicSista for good news! And yay to datenshi that you get a long weekend!
    I have just done a super long run, then swum, and stayed under cals with a vengeance today, so am feeling super smug... :-)
    Only one more day to the weekend, yay!
  • korkster
    korkster Posts: 181 Member
    Good morning everyone!

:noway: It's been 3 DAYS since I've been here??? Whoa!

The week's been... crazy. Wrote a 10-page paper on Monday, then plunged into non-stop training. I actually have training tonight as well, but I feel like I'm catching up. :laugh:

I actually got my co-worker to join MFP. She's still figuring it out, and I don't want to push her. As long as she wants to do it, I'll be supportive. She's been my walking buddy for the past few weeks, so we've been pushing each other. Our 4 mile walk-thing (marathon?) is on Sunday. I'm... slowly warming up to it. I've never been tagged & numbered before, so it'll be a first. :ohwell:

Been doing much better with the food this week. And the caffiene actually. If it weren't for missing the posts here, I'd be stomping on the OWLs. :wink:

OH! I can't believe how many Whedon fans we have here! :bigsmile: Buffy, Avengers, Serenity... you can also include Firefly & Dr. Horrible... as well as Angel & Dollhouse. All done by the same man. Goodness, I love those shows.

If you're new to it, check out www.whedonesque.com
    It's a website housed by fans of Whedon that collects all news and what not. Joss posts there occassionally, and he always makes me laugh. Check it out, you might find stuff you like.

Alrighty! Have a great one! :flowerforyou:
  • CivicSista
    CivicSista Posts: 459 Member
    Thanks everyone.

I was so proud of myself today. Did a 30 min cardio class and didn't have to hit pause like I normally do. I made it thru the whole thing with no breaks. :) Its been while since I have been able to do that.
  • rosesquelettique
    rosesquelettique Posts: 38 Member
    Hey Claws! I discovered a pro to insomnia: three o'clock in the morning is a great time to hop on the bike! I hope everyone is doing great today!