Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Me - 8
    Ed - 7

I'm in the lead! :smile:
  • ulionk
    ulionk Posts: 11
    Options
    I accept your challenge! I want to write down and log everything I eat for an entire month and not binge. That includes my 30th brithday which is Friday, and a wedding I have to go to on Friday as well. I want to learn to enjoy the specail days and not go crazy or overeat because I'm having a bad day or feeling down.

I lost 110lbs 3 years ago and felt amazing, but due to binge eating I'm way back up there in my weight because I can't control my emotional eating. Food is like my crack!!!

Thanks for posting this challenge, it's nice to know we are not alone and the support and understanding really helps!
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Me: 14
    ED: 1

So far..
  • ulionk
    ulionk Posts: 11
    Options
    One of my amazing students baked me cookies for my birthday!! AHHHHHH but I'm going to give every one away but one and count it in my food log! Hopefully tomorrow it will be me: 2 binge 0 :bigsmile:
    Me: 1
    Binge: 0
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    Me - 9
    Ed - 7

:smile:
  • leesee88
    leesee88 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    me-8
    binge- 8
    tied!

but i am feeling ravenous today. hopefully all my healthy preportioned snacks can get me through. but i am also donating blood today! oh damn.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Me: 16
    ED: 1

It's the end of the night im not binging so this is a win..includes today. :bigsmile:

Advice--I know how hard it is for you not to binge..think of your weight loss, think of getting to your goal..
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    Me - 10
    Ed - 7

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    You all are doing wonderful keeping track of this!! Thanks for reminder WalkingGirl!

Happry Friday!
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Great job to all of you! Well I made it through yesterday without bingeing and I can do it again today.

My goal for today: No bingeing at work. I can't eat even one of my binge foods because it never stops at one. I brought healthy snacks to work today (well, healthier than my binge foods) but really I'm trying to work on the root of why I eat at work. My biggest triggers are not wanting to do something I have to do (happens at work) and boredom (also happens at work, not for a lack of work really but being bored with it). So I'm trying to work on doing things other than eating when these situations arise.

Happy Friday everyone! May we all have a great day! :smile:
  • mischa_12
    mischa_12 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Binge-free for one day, I know it's not a lot but I'm starting to feel good about it already...I can do this!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Happy Friday!

I am going to join you all starting today. I have been on a binge/overeating couple of weeks. To the tune of 10 pound weight gain. Today I finally got on the scale to see the damage. Now that I see the damage to ME, I am done. So I will use this challenge to get back on track. Since I binged the last 3 days I am going to count from May 15th forward.

Maybe if I do this before the weekend and plan to keep busy I will have a binge free weekend. :ohwell: I already know I am going to the gym tomorrow evening since I know when I have nothing to do on weekends I can tie one on. Have cleaning, missionary work for the day time but evenings are the worse for me. Weekend evenings in particular.

Have a good weekend!:flowerforyou: One day at a time

As of May 15, 2012:

ME - 0
    BED - 3
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    This has been a tough week for me...just overeating and bingeing. I really think it has a lot to do with TOM, anyone else feel this way? I'm starving this week on the same food I always eat that usually satisfy me! Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop overeating during this week? I'm going crazy and can't stop eating..not emotionally, but actual hunger! Not a good combination.
  • mischa_12
    Options
    This has been a tough week for me...just overeating and bingeing. I really think it has a lot to do with TOM, anyone else feel this way? I'm starving this week on the same food I always eat that usually satisfy me! Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop overeating during this week? I'm going crazy and can't stop eating..not emotionally, but actual hunger! Not a good combination.

I've recently found that eating protein rich foods and staying away from sweets has helped me a lot. I'm just not able to control myself when it comes to cakes and chocolate so I know that when I don't have them around, then I'm not going to binge on them.

I suggest you try eating more protein and add more vegetables and fruits to your diet. Sure they have calories too but eating a big bowl of those things is way less damaging than eating a whole box of chocolates. It's those initial few weeks that are the hardest and I personally feel that after a while you find yourself not wanting to eat as much anymore. The body needs that kind of like a detox
  • yamagatafan
    yamagatafan Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    This is an inspiring group. I would like to hop aboard this challenge. So I guess I had better start from yesterday, which unfortuantely was a binge day. :frown:

Does it take 28 days to make a habit? So if we can go binge free for 28 days we are home free, right?? Well maybe that can be my first goal. (Right after my goal of making it through the weekend). Soo -

Day 0 of 28:
    Me = 0
    BED = 1
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Well last night was not as bad as it has been in past and no fast foods or sweets but still had to count it as a binge night.

As of May 15, 2012:

ME - 0
    BED - 4
  • mischa_12
    Options
    Feeling great not bingeing today!!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    Me - 12
    Ed - 7

• yamagatafan
    yamagatafan Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of 28:
    Me = 1
    BED = 1

Feels good today. I had an opportunity to binge and held back. Yipee for me. :wink:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    No binge yesterday.:happy: Had a few urges and was able to replace the urges.

As of May 15, 2012:

ME - 1
    BED - 4